I Called In Sick Today

by the way I was not very eloquent in my initial response to speedz and ron because chris was bothering me about some shit and I was rushing to get a response off before beans could.and this one wasn't worded so great either because I wanted it done before anyone responded to the other one

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

the person was not doing their job correctly. if the customer doesn't listen and walks out the door, you increase the risk of your store getting sued by trying to put your foot down. the way I read it, she was hinting that he was a thief, exactly what you aren't supposed to do...
Here's her dialogue:
"EXCUSE ME!""SIR!""SIR!""I need to see your receipt" "You set off the alarm""I still need to see the receipt" "Ok""Its policy when the alarm goes off""No, I need to see yours""Like I said, sir..... its our policy""Uh..... I dont guess it is, sir""SIR!""Please show me the receipt" "I wasnt calling you a thief""Its to make sure you have the items that you purchased on the cart""It doesnt..... it goes off whenever an item hasnt been scanned""Its a possibility....""....."
She never even hinted at him being a theif, even though that's the obvious reason for the policy. Sounds to me like she was just doing her job and did it well.I dunno...beans is posting, we'll see what he has to say.
Here's her dialogue:She never even hinted at him being a theif, even though that's the obvious reason for the policy. Sounds to me like she was just doing her job and did it well.I dunno...beans is posting, we'll see what he has to say.
the deterrent to theft is the bell and actually having to look a person in the eye while doing it. the greeter's job is NOT to pursue it if the customer just storms off. the store has no legal right to keep a person in that situation.I repeat... as someone who worked at a wal-mart... she was NOT doing her job well.
the deterrent to theft is the bell and actually having to look a person in the eye while doing it. the greeter's job is NOT to pursue it if the customer just storms off. the store has no legal right to keep a person in that situation.
He didn't storm off...I'd be ok with that. He stuck around to make her look stupid even though he knew that he could just leave and that she was just some poor bastard doing a shitty job. I don't think that's cool.beans, I trust you understand I can still love you while calling you out on something I disagree with.
I repeat... as someone who worked at a wal-mart... she was NOT doing her job well.
I guess I'll have to take your word on that.
Is anyone else extremely excited to see District 9? Anyone?
I'm looking forward to it but, as with any movie receiving a lot of good hype, I'm trying to keep my excitement in check.
beans, I trust you understand I can still love you while calling you out on something I disagree with.
Don't puss out. Beans knows he's an ******* sometimes.
He didn't storm off...I'd be ok with that. He stuck around to make her look stupid even though he knew that he could just leave and that she was just some poor bastard doing a shitty job. I don't think that's cool.I guess I'll have to take your word on that.
this is sticking around?
"EXCUSE ME!"(keeps squeaking)"SIR!"(squeaks thru last door)"SIR!"(turns around and looks at woman following along)"WHAT?""I need to see your receipt"
I've said it about as many different ways as I can think of. wal-mart (or whoever) DOESN'T want you pursuing the customer because they have done the math and understand that they get sued for more than they save on inventory doing it.

seems to me that beans' stories always involve the hourly worker doing something explicitly against policy, to his annoyance.like the suggestive selling after you say "and that's it" at the drive through window.after having worked at mcdonalds, that makes me visibly twitch in agitation

I'm sure beansey can tell you how much it would be to replace the landlord's door with a very cheap one of your own. Then you could just switch them back when you leave and have the bedroom/cat door for your next place.
Yeah, just scoot the Sentra down to the local lumber yard and ask for a three-o steel exterior door, in the proper hand (left or right) of course..... measure the old one first and make sure its thirty six inches wide before buying one, though. Most entry doors are thirty sixThen strap it to the top, take it home, unscrew the hinges from the old door and trial fit it before cutting the cat door
While I do love me some Beans, I cringe at the way he abuses the minimum wage crew just following corporate orders.Summary: I love Beansey
I knew the story would generate some flack....I belittled the gal for a few reasons.... one was her snooty attitude that probably didnt convert well from my experience to the screen....it was one of those "Im the boss here....just do as youre told and nobody will get hurt" type crap.... another was the fact that Ive seen many other instances in the same store where the buzzer goes off and the person doesnt get run down like an episode of Cops..... but the thing that REALLY irks my craw is the fact that due to the mistake of the cashier and or system I was detained and interrogated for no reason whatsoever.Its also happened to me many times before.... a lot of the things I purchase there are large items in a heavy cardboard box, so the handheld scanner that reads the barcode fails to deactivate the "security strip" behind it. Again nine times out of ten Im not chased down by a pissy acting employeeSo I guess my point is that even though the gal might be working for eight bucks an hour, she could have at least tried to be sociable and or friendly during the encounter. I would have handled it with a "Sir....Im sorry but you set off the intruder alert buzzer.... I know you didnt steal anything but since my boss is watching could I glance at your receipt?"I would have reached right in the ole pocket and started rambling about the weather or something.....Meh.... Im a jerk sometimes, but I do try and release on folks that truly deserve itAn update on the situation..... I sent out a memo that we no longer did business with Lowes as of tonight, and for the warehouse guys to inventory and return any items that we had in stock that came from the placeA few minutes later Shane called for the skinny and immediately fell in love with the idea I had for revengeI just need to find a source for those security tags and a good place to stick them on every cart they have
I don't really even see the need to grin and bear it. The alarm is there to make sure people don't shove shit in their pockets. Seems reasonable to me
Ill ask you the same question that I ask them....What prevents a person shoving something in their pockets before they purchase something else and handing the receipt for that over when the alarm goes off?They didnt ask me to go back thru the sensors again like the goons at the airport does, not have I ever seen anyone else do so...Its a scare tactic, pure and simple.... they randomly screw with people like they did me once in a while just in case a potential crook is watching
well if beans is anything, he's an oversensitive black man.
chillin
I am but unfortunately I probably won't be able to see it until next week. Work keeping me occupied. :club:
the person was not doing their job correctly.wal-mart has been nailed repeatedly on that one
Yeah, I hang out with quite a few of the WalMart folks.... thats exactly why I kept walking and mentioned the lawyer stuffMy favorite story is from the guys in ADA at deer camp one year about the guy with the service animal that alerted him when his blood pressure was too highSince it scared his felloe coworkers they sent him, and the skunk, back home one afternoonI still need to find out what happened about that one of these days
beans, I trust you understand I can still love you while calling you out on something I disagree with
No problem, ole speeds, ole pal....I may be a jerk to some, but Ill assure you they are in the minority (and deserve it)Last week a guy had a blowout across the road I was working on. Older guy driving a three quarter ton Dodge pickup. I was on the backhoe, so I crossed the heavy traffic to assistI have a phone pic of me hooking a chain to the tow straps under the front bumper and lifting the entire truck about three feet into the air and changing the tireIm sure the amazed travelers along that road took a few as wellIll post it whenever I figure out how to get it onto photobucket
I belittled the gal for a few reasons.... one was her snooty attitude that probably didnt convert well from my experience to the screen....it was one of those "Im the boss here....just do as youre told and nobody will get hurt" type crap.... another was the fact that Ive seen many other instances in the same store where the buzzer goes off and the person doesnt get run down like an episode of Cops..... but the thing that REALLY irks my craw is the fact that due to the mistake of the cashier and or system I was detained and interrogated for no reason whatsoever.An update on the situation..... I sent out a memo that we no longer did business with Lowes as of tonight, and for the warehouse guys to inventory and return any items that we had in stock that came from the placeA few minutes later Shane called for the skinny and immediately fell in love with the idea I had for revengeI just need to find a source for those security tags and a good place to stick them on every cart they have Ill ask you the same question that I ask them....What prevents a person shoving something in their pockets before they purchase something else and handing the receipt for that over when the alarm goes off?They didnt ask me to go back thru the sensors again like the goons at the airport does, not have I ever seen anyone else do so...Its a scare tactic, pure and simple.... they randomly screw with people like they did me once in a while just in case a potential crook is watching
She got her GED and she doesn't have to take shit from anybody.Just brainstorming here. Why not just walk through the store peeling them off as you go and stuffing them in your poket. Then purchase the lowest cost tagged item available. When you set off the alarm you'll have a receipt and can sit in the lot with a tube of crazy glue and stick them to the bottom of the carts.
most excited I have been for a movie in a long long time. Everything I read is positive and I trust Peter Jackson.and big league chew is awesome and grape is the best flavor.
She got her GED and she doesn't have to take shit from anybody.Just brainstorming here. Why not just walk through the store peeling them off as you go and stuffing them in your poket. Then purchase the lowest cost tagged item available. When you set off the alarm you'll have a receipt and can sit in the lot with a tube of crazy glue and stick them to the bottom of the carts.
each wal-mart has at least one staffer guy who dresses normally and knows how to spot a thief. our guy was a completely normal looking ripped dude who nailed many a shaggy haired teen thief while I worked there.
Thats a good idea, but I want to barrage the place until the plug is pulled or they have to upgrade the system....A little research so far...The detectors for such tags emit periodic tonal bursts at about 58 kHz, the same as the resonance frequency of the amorphous strips. This causes the strip to vibrate longitudinally by magnetostriction, and will continue to oscillate after the burst is over. The vibration causes a change in magnetization in the amorphous strip, which induces an AC voltage in the receiver antenna. If this signal meets the required parameters (correct frequency, repetition etc.) the alarm is activated.When the semi-hard magnet is magnetized, the tag is activated. The magnetized strip makes the amorphous strip respond much more strongly to the detectors, because the DC magnetic field given off by the strip offsets the magnetic anisotropy within the amorphous metal. The tag can also be deactivated by demagnetizing the strip, making the response small enough to that it will not be detected by the detectors.These tags are thicker than magnetic tags and are thus seldom used for books. However they are relatively inexpensive and have better detection rates (fewer false positives and false negatives) than magnetic tags.So now Im thinking that if I take a deactivate tag and magnetize it, I can verify the frequency with the counter I have in the shop. Then all I need is a transmitter with the appropriate crystal soldered in to activate the alarm from a great distance....I could then just place it on the dash of a vehicle and leave it parked outside all dayOFF TO FIND A TAG!
So I haven't seen this movie except one time in the background, like 18 years ago
I am assuming Sal was joking, if he wasn't neither was I. But I just don't get this from you. You see every crappy ass movie ever made, but you have not seen one of the best movies ever made?
Hmm, double post. I'll take this opportunity to say that I like grape flavored Big League Chew.
WATERMELON!
I just need to find a source for those security tags and a good place to stick them on every cart they have
I can just imagine you and Shane sitting about half way out of the parking lot, case of Coronas, sitting in the back of a pick-up truck laughing hysterically for like 2 straight hours.
I belittled the gal for a few reasons.... one was her snooty attitude that probably didnt convert well from my experience to the screen....it was one of those "Im the boss here....just do as youre told and nobody will get hurt" type crap.... So I guess my point is that even though the gal might be working for eight bucks an hour, she could have at least tried to be sociable and or friendly during the encounter. I would have handled it with a "Sir....Im sorry but you set off the intruder alert buzzer.... I know you didnt steal anything but since my boss is watching could I glance at your receipt?"
I rescind my bitching about your story. This is very fair.
most excited I have been for a movie in a long long time. Everything I read is positive and I trust Peter Jackson.and big league chew is awesome and grape is the best flavor.
High five.
WATERMELON!
What are you, a gay?
I rescind my bitching about your story. This is very fair.
Really, was there ever any doubt? When I read the story, my first thought was, "Well, that's mean, but I am sure she deserved it." I've always imagined Beans a fan of the working man. He'll have mostly-harmless fun at the expense of idiots and retards and hicks and whatnot, but I don't think I've ever thought of him as cruel. Maybe I've got an incredibly idealistic view of the Beans-o-nator, but in all of his stories he's always struck me as a righteous, principled kind of guy. He's not arbitrarily mean, like, for example, myself.
Really, was there ever any doubt? When I read the story, my first thought was, "Well, that's mean, but I am sure she deserved it." I've always imagined Beans a fan of the working man. He'll have mostly-harmless fun at the expense of idiots and retards and hicks and whatnot, but I don't think I've ever thought of him as cruel. Maybe I've got an incredibly idealistic view of the Beans-o-nator, but in all of his stories he's always struck me as a righteous, principled kind of guy. He's not arbitrarily mean, like, for example, myself.
YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME?
I accept your apology, speedzas a token of our friendship, I present this comic (I pre-screened it with J^3):http://www.teamfortress.com/classless/hidden/hats/
Very nice...are there more? I didn't see a way to get to additional awesomeness.
I just need to find a source for those security tags and a good place to stick them on every cart they have
I could then just place it on the dash of a vehicle and leave it parked outside all day
in other words,fightclub-screencap.jpg
Yes. I have tentative plans to go today. When I saw that robot snatch that rocket out of the air, well, it might have just as well been my heart.I noticed Brvheart's title: Poker forum God. Here's a new name for you, Brv: Blasphemous Holy Roller.