I Called In Sick Today

:Remove ignore user before reading:Classic symptoms of a failing master cylinder, but check a few things first...Brake fluid in the reservoir goes down as the brake pads wear because the cylinders that move them gain volume from the increased travel toward the rotor, so if the pads are all shot its a possibility that all your fluid was trapped in the calipers and ran the master cylinder dry. Once air enters the system it will continue to have a "mushy" pedal until it is bled out at each wheel.....simply adding fluid wont restore sufficient brake pressure. If the pads are relatively new then we can disregard this for the moment....Look under the car behind each wheel for a black hose leading to the brakes and inspect for leaks. Normally a leaking caliper or hose will leave a greasy spot under the car where its parked at night as wellNext check the master cylinder itself.... the idiot light illuminates whenever it senses low pressure from the unit whether its due to low fluid or an internal leak. Feel around the bottom of the unit for traces of fluid that didnt result from spilling any when topping it off.....F10083.jpg The majority of the time an internally leaking master will leak fluid into the vacuum canister its mounted to and into the drivers side under the carpeting. Look under the dash and carpeting behind the steering wheel for that telltale signIf no signs of escaping fluids are found its either terribly worn pads (replace and bleed the system) or an internally leaking master cylinder and the vac booster is filling up and holding the fluid> Its also a possibility that whoever replaced the pads used a C clamp to push the caliper pistons back into the calipers and screwed up the ABS control unit.....not sure how common that is but I have heard its possibleThe coolant leak has nothing to do with the braking system.... replace the hose and install new clamps
Update:So my wife added more brake fluid, and gave the brakes a good pump (no jokes.) They worked fine for a couple hours, then went back to crappy. We're going to get some more brake fluid today - it was bone dry before so seems like it just might need a good flushing (no jokes.)The check engine light also went off. The emergency brake light did stay on, despite liberal tugging on the brake release (sigh.)
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I'm going to start scoring sick thread posts (starting right after this one).
well it looks like this has scared me into not posting for fear of being judged harshly.either that or you're all INCREDIBLY BORING.
well it looks like this has scared me into not posting for fear of being judged harshly.either that or you're all INCREDIBLY BORING.
I'd go with the latter.But I'm not really scoring the sick thread, I just wanted to see how people would react.
But I'm not really scoring the sick thread, I just wanted to see how people would react.
I bet you're just posting this so people will let their guard down and you can go back to judging their posting skills in their natural habitat. cheeky monkey.
I bet you're just posting this so people will let their guard down and you can go back to judging their posting skills in their natural habitat. cheeky monkey.
cheeky monkey doesnt get used enough, thats for sure.
a man in sal's position cant be made to look ridiculous.
I'd say it's hard for a man in Sal's position not to look ridiculous.Yes, I recognized the quote.Edit: I wanted to make that invisible, but couldn't get the right color.
I'd say it's hard for a man in Sal's position not to look ridiculous.
sick burn.
Yes, I recognized the quote.
oh you cheeky monkey.
Edit: I wanted to make that invisible, but couldn't get the right color.
and you wanna be my latex salesman?
That's ridiculous.
i loved that post until someone (spademan?) pointed out that i wasn't being original. i mean, i was aware of that, and i wasn't trying to be, but did he really have to piss on the JubiLove parade?

I was just having my morning banana and as I went to take the first bite I noticed one of those stringy pieces from the skin still attached, so I removed the banana slowly from my mouth just after the tip was wet slightly by my tongue and the roof of my mouth. I proceeded to remove the excess skin and re-insert the banana in my mouth to complete my morning banana consumption.I have no idea what my wife is complaining about.

I was just having my morning banana and as I went to take the first bite I noticed one of those stringy pieces from the skin still attached, so I removed the banana slowly from my mouth just after the tip was wet slightly by my tongue and the roof of my mouth. I proceeded to remove the excess skin and re-insert the banana in my mouth to complete my morning banana consumption.I have no idea what my wife is complaining about.
Like when you're sucking a dick and you feel a hair on the roof of your mouth? Don't you hate that when that happens?
I'd go with the latter.But I'm not really scoring the sick thread, I just wanted to see how people would react.
I, sadly, just let out an audible sigh of relief. A real, "Whew!"
Like when you're sucking a dick and you feel a hair on the roof of your mouth? Don't you hate that when that happens?
Yes, Nikki, that was the joke.
hahahaha! now THAT is a good joke!
I'd say a good 70% of the time I read one of Sal's one-liner posts, I think of that scene in Tombstone where Wyatt says, "I like Doc, he makes me laugh." I now think we need to cast Tombstone using sickies.Okaaaaaay, go!edit: beans has to be Doc though, right? Under Wang's premise that he's the guy you would count on when you really needed it.
I'd say a good 70% of the time I read one of Sal's one-liner posts, I think of that scene in Tombstone where Wyatt says, "I like Doc, he makes me laugh." I now think we need to cast Tombstone using sickies.Okaaaaaay, go!
How can we cast a movie using sickies without a token jew that someone can feebly attempt to compare me to?On our ride home from Montreal last month, we were extremely high while driving through an especially scenic area of Vermont. From the back seat, with a pitch perfect imitation, my friend yelled, "Look at all them trees! Hello, trees!" I nearly wet my pantaloons.

Wyatt Earp – defining characteristics: fearless, loyal, a leader (speedz)Doc Holliday - defining characteristics: loyal and deadly (beans)Virgil Earp – defining characteristics: a little older, wants to do what is right (Ron)Morgan Earp - defining characteristics: a follower, but useful (El Guapo)Curly Bill - defining characteristics: pretends to be a leader, but needs Ringo around to be a real threat (JJJ)Johnny Ringo - defining characteristics: deadly and has no filter (Wang)Sheriff John Behan - defining characteristics: likes to think he’s important, but doesn’t really want to be involved (mk)Marshall Fred - defining characteristics: wants to be the man but knows he’s out of his league (Napa)Johnny Tyler - defining characteristics: surly, a little dumb, and ultimately a coward (SBriand)Hmm, maybe I should remove the defining characteristics on some of those.

at least you get to wear an awesome bowler hat.
i'd rather be part of the unambiguously gay duo of zane/priestly than beehan, i mean, gfdi that's harsh.
i'd rather be part of the unambiguously gay duo of zane/priestly than beehan, i mean, gfdi that's harsh.
lol, yeah.what movie character would be worse to be compared to? Eric (Bradley Whitford) in Billy Madison?
I didn't mean it to be as harsh as it seems. I was thinking of it along the lines of, "has the authority to do something, but would rather just let things go."The comparison probably fails in that Behan had authority but no real power, whereas you actually could throw your weight around if you chose to.Is that better, sweet cheeks?
Morgan Earp - defining characteristics: a follower, but useful (El Guapo)
Strangely accurate, although I would prefer to be someone who lives.
I don't think I've ever seen tombstone.
You are an ever loving faggot.