Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Joey: no one's gonna get this prior to Sal talking if they didn't watch millionaireme: Joey: no one's gonna get thisme:Joey: no news is good news
I nailed that punch line.
wangdate
Yes
I nailed that punch line.
hopefully I'll take an Arm and Hammer and nail the car cleaning project this weekend. me not knowing half the words beans used is the start of an uphill battle. looks like the sock is being worn outside of the shoe!I have a whole routine (not worked out) where someone tells me to "keep my stuff clean" and it leads to similar jokes/references like the above.

Got some pictures.Here's Cheeto, scoping out the scene while Dewey acts like a freak and chases his tail.post-1776-1250095091_thumb.jpgDewey, being cute.post-1776-1250095159_thumb.jpgAgain.post-1776-1250095186_thumb.jpgCheeto looking freaky while in the middle of grooming Dewey. It's like she's been caught by an invisible fishing line.Dewey, acting inappropriately.post-1776-1250095169_thumb.jpg

Go into 'my controls' and then 'board settings' and you can turn off all pictures in posts, avatars, and in signatures. It's really quite easy. My work computer has everything turned off, my home computer has everything turned on.
Wow, someone likes me. I will use that, thanks.Otherwise, catch-up was alright. I like cats. I still can't read Beans' posts. Which is bad, because I'm having car problems I can't afford to have fixed.Here goes nothing:Car is a 98 Ford Taurus. 300000 miles, but has had lots of things replaced and drives alright. Father-in-law is the only previous owner, so it has no creepy unknown problems. Was safety-inspected two weeks ago, 2 new tires and new brake pads.The problem seems to have started immediately after I was waiting on a ridiculously steep downhill for a couple minutes. Like, roller coaster steep. There was no big bumps or anything, and the transition from super-steep driveway to road was very smooth. Right after though the brakes became extremely desensitized. You have to push almost all the way to the floor to get any actual braking, and braking quickly is impossible. This didn't happen gradually.So we check, its out of brake fluid so we fill it up. Seems to get better after the fluid gets through the lines. Two days later same thing is happening again. I can still see fluid in the cap, so a leak seems unlikely. The same day, the Check Engine light comes on. Also, a light comes on with the exclamation mark that looks like an emergency brake light, but I don't believe the car has emergency brakes. I look, and there appears to be a very small leak in the box below the cap for coolant. Basically, the coolant lid has green fluid on it, that looks to be escaping very slowly, and there is some small bubbling near a seal. Also, there may be a tiny hole in the hose, as a bit of steam is faintly visible right after turning the car off.Help? The car is going to be trashed in a year or two anyways, so I won't be spending tons on it. I would really like not to have warning lights yelling at me, but mainly I just need brakes that work.I am really just looking for free advice, while not producing anything myself. Then again, I am Canadian.
I still can't read Beans' posts.Car is a 98 Ford Taurus. 300000 mileswaiting on a ridiculously steep downhill for a couple minutes. Like, roller coaster steep.You have to push almost all the way to the floor to get any actual braking, and braking quickly is impossible. This didn't happen gradually.So we check, its out of brake fluidlight comes on with the exclamation mark that looks like an emergency brake lightthe coolant lid has green fluid on it, that looks to be escaping very slowly, and there is some small bubbling near a seal. Also, there may be a tiny hole in the hose, as a bit of steam is faintly visible right after turning the car off.
:Remove ignore user before reading:Classic symptoms of a failing master cylinder, but check a few things first...Brake fluid in the reservoir goes down as the brake pads wear because the cylinders that move them gain volume from the increased travel toward the rotor, so if the pads are all shot its a possibility that all your fluid was trapped in the calipers and ran the master cylinder dry. Once air enters the system it will continue to have a "mushy" pedal until it is bled out at each wheel.....simply adding fluid wont restore sufficient brake pressure. If the pads are relatively new then we can disregard this for the moment....Look under the car behind each wheel for a black hose leading to the brakes and inspect for leaks. Normally a leaking caliper or hose will leave a greasy spot under the car where its parked at night as wellNext check the master cylinder itself.... the idiot light illuminates whenever it senses low pressure from the unit whether its due to low fluid or an internal leak. Feel around the bottom of the unit for traces of fluid that didnt result from spilling any when topping it off.....F10083.jpg The majority of the time an internally leaking master will leak fluid into the vacuum canister its mounted to and into the drivers side under the carpeting. Look under the dash and carpeting behind the steering wheel for that telltale signIf no signs of escaping fluids are found its either terribly worn pads (replace and bleed the system) or an internally leaking master cylinder and the vac booster is filling up and holding the fluid> Its also a possibility that whoever replaced the pads used a C clamp to push the caliper pistons back into the calipers and screwed up the ABS control unit.....not sure how common that is but I have heard its possibleThe coolant leak has nothing to do with the braking system.... replace the hose and install new clamps
I... am going to show this... to everybody I have ever met.
I'm going to start scoring sick thread posts (starting right after this one).After 2,000 posts in off topic general, I want to see how sickies' performances in the thread compare to sickies' performances outside the thread.Beans outside the thread is 5 for 5 with a walk.Bonus stat: chrozzo's batting average is nine.
Pretty sure whatever posts you were going to make would have scored themselves.
Thank you Mr. Gammons.So when scoring do you look at each post or each attempted humor post? Like Mercury's post in the Date thread was an attempt at humor and thus would be scored, but would mtsdemoines post in the other thread where he quoted a guy by pretty much repeating what was quoted get scored as it was just a dumb post but not an attempt at humor? Or am I missing the point and we are just scoring based on quality. I am sure it is the latter but was curious.
So when scoring do you look at each post or each attempted humor post? Like Mercury's post in the Date thread was an attempt at humor and thus would be scored, but would mtsdemoines post in the other thread where he quoted a guy by pretty much repeating what was quoted get scored as it was just a dumb post but not an attempt at humor? Or am I missing the point and we are just scoring based on quality. I am sure it is the latter but was curious.
Every single post gets scored.That's why FCP is batting a collective .199.There needs to be a humor element for it to be considered a hit. However, you can still work a walk if your post is relevant, informative, and well-written, even though not funny. For example, much of speedz' work in the Pet Info thread was scored as a walk. Also, Wang's formula for calculating VOA includes a factor for plate appearances, so one's value can be helped by posting more (although there will still need to be some quality sprinkled in there).

Microsoft is giving away money....http://seekingalpha.com/article/155148-cha...ng?source=email"they have actually been doing this for a while, but starting today they will double that amount to up to 50% of your purchase price. That’s worth taking notice."http://www.bing.com/shopping/pages/stores....&FORM=R5FD1So for instance.. you can go to tigerdirect.com through Bing(2nd link), and get this monitor for an additional 10% off... so $251 for a 28" monitor.The double cash back promotion is running through the end of August.

Microsoft is giving away money....http://seekingalpha.com/article/155148-cha...ng?source=email"they have actually been doing this for a while, but starting today they will double that amount to up to 50% of your purchase price. That’s worth taking notice."http://www.bing.com/shopping/pages/stores....&FORM=R5FD1So for instance.. you can go to tigerdirect.com through Bing(2nd link), and get this monitor for an additional 10% off... so $251 for a 28" monitor.The double cash back promotion is running through the end of August.
What's funny about that?
Wow, someone likes me. I will use that, thanks.Otherwise, catch-up was alright. I like cats. I still can't read Beans' posts. Which is bad, because I'm having car problems I can't afford to have fixed.Here goes nothing:Car is a 98 Ford Taurus. 300000 miles, but has had lots of things replaced and drives alright. Father-in-law is the only previous owner, so it has no creepy unknown problems. Was safety-inspected two weeks ago, 2 new tires and new brake pads.The problem seems to have started immediately after I was waiting on a ridiculously steep downhill for a couple minutes. Like, roller coaster steep. There was no big bumps or anything, and the transition from super-steep driveway to road was very smooth. Right after though the brakes became extremely desensitized. You have to push almost all the way to the floor to get any actual braking, and braking quickly is impossible. This didn't happen gradually.So we check, its out of brake fluid so we fill it up. Seems to get better after the fluid gets through the lines. Two days later same thing is happening again. I can still see fluid in the cap, so a leak seems unlikely. The same day, the Check Engine light comes on. Also, a light comes on with the exclamation mark that looks like an emergency brake light, but I don't believe the car has emergency brakes. I look, and there appears to be a very small leak in the box below the cap for coolant. Basically, the coolant lid has green fluid on it, that looks to be escaping very slowly, and there is some small bubbling near a seal. Also, there may be a tiny hole in the hose, as a bit of steam is faintly visible right after turning the car off.Help? The car is going to be trashed in a year or two anyways, so I won't be spending tons on it. I would really like not to have warning lights yelling at me, but mainly I just need brakes that work.I am really just looking for free advice, while not producing anything myself. Then again, I am Canadian.
Well, I was going to tell you to get a new master cyclinder and a radiator hose but instead, do what beans says.WTF is up with all the baseball shit? My team is annually out of it by the all-star break and well, I'm annually out of it all the time. So, since I love football and don't care for baseball I might just start posting TOUCHDOWN or DEFENSE in a sort of protest to the baseball scoring that seems to be gaining steam.And no one better post about me batting .098 or some shit.BTW, i'm grouchy. All i've been dealing with lately is really bad credit people with the combined IQ of yard rake. FUMBLE!
I have yet to see any deals on this Microsoft cash back thing, but I'm gonna be on the lookout. a big monitor for cheap would be great.
1-800-Flowers is 50% off. Wal-mart is 10%. Tigerdirect is 10%. Sears is like 25%. There are 100's of stores, so keep looking.