I Called In Sick Today

I don't have money (pretend you don't know about my jew gold), but I feel the same way. I enjoy my friends, my job, my total independence, etc...plus I'm starting school soon and that's going to take up a ton of time. I suppose if I meet the right girl I'll be happy to fit her into the mix, but only if she's worth it. Maybe I'm getting too old for that line of thinking.
I think that's a good way to approach it, it just seems like life doesn't ever cooperate that way. I go through spells where I think I might be better off settling down (which in my mind means dating a girl for more than a few weeks) but usually arrive to the conclusion where it doesn't seem to fit or make sense with the current direction of my life. I met with a family friend who I'm going to do some law work with and hearing him talk about his life, being in his 40's, no significant other, just being a rich old trout sort of depressed me. Fortunately, I don't think I'd ever let myself to that point. I hope.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Ever get that feeling that if you had it to do all over again you'd change pretty much everything?nah, me either.

I think that's a good way to approach it, it just seems like life doesn't ever cooperate that way. I go through spells where I think I might be better off settling down (which in my mind means dating a girl for more than a few weeks) but usually arrive to the conclusion where it doesn't seem to fit or make sense with the current direction of my life. I met with a family friend who I'm going to do some law work with and hearing him talk about his life, being in his 40's, no significant other, just being a rich old trout sort of depressed me. Fortunately, I don't think I'd ever let myself to that point. I hope.
Socal please just go ahead and tell them about us, I'm tired of "us" being a secret.
I've never been to a 5 guys, but starting in August I'll be living extremely close to one. I guess I'm curious.
well you know, now that I've considered all the variables, maybe it really isn't all that good after all. I mean, the burger is really good, and they go all out with the toppings (which are also of good quality), but I mean 12 dollars? seems to me that's just way over doing it. I don't know though, I'll probably go back soon. it was a tasty burger. gotta get the barbecue sauce next time.
YOU are the horrible one, Mr. Paradise.... YOU!
well why don't you just go ahead and download that song at the end where clint eastwood is singing/grunting and just jam that out to your hearts content.I mean, the acting was just horrible. just plain old horrible. even clint. I don't think he could have overacted the part any more unless he just came out and said "I'M GRUFF. LOOK AT ME. I'M REALLY OLD AND GRUFF." and don't get me started on the asian kids, both sets of them. just plain silly. hell the only person in the movie that made me think she was real was the old asian lady. she's got the chops.
Oh dear FSM, I've ventured into the MTT forum again. I disagree with everyone like always.
That's okay - since there's no one good who posts in there anymore, that's a good thing.** I don't ever go in there anymore so I don't know if anyone good posts in there. But I doubt it.**** Loogie excepted. ****** Or is he?

so to get to FCP I type "fcp poker" (minus the " ") into my firefox google search thingy and the result I get includes the fcp forum link but also includes 8 links which I've placed below. Though, the second four links appear side by side with the first four linksDaniel's Poker BlogGeneral Poker ForumTactical BearGrocery_mony AntistuffZach6668OziumrulesDaniel's Poker Results

This describes my current state of feeling/mind. The only thing I would add is that I have my money and ever burgeoning list of hobbies to make myself feel content/occupied.
I don't have money (pretend you don't know about my jew gold), but I feel the same way. I enjoy my friends, my job, my total independence, etc...plus I'm starting school soon and that's going to take up a ton of time. I suppose if I meet the right girl I'll be happy to fit her into the mix, but only if she's worth it. Maybe I'm getting too old for that line of thinking.
Having a wealth of experience on these matters, ahem, being older I can relate to you guys mostly through my own son. He's 28 and thoughat one time he had a steady, pretty serious girlfriend I'm really glad they separated. He just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend and it's the first time he's uh, co-habitated. He is very active and does what he wants. His schedule is something likeM-Flag footballT-BasketballW-SoftballT-Flag footballF-DrinkS-GolfS-sand volleyballThe girl must a peach to let him get by with this but I'm not sure I want him jumping the gun and getting married.Finish school and take your time. I went through to much turmoil in my life settling for some dumbass that I had nothing incommon with. I was 45 before I got my priorities straight in the kind of woman I could connect with and now life couldn't be better. Another thing, you can't make someone else happy unless you're happy with yourself first. When times are sad and blue, "Give a little whistle and remember, Always look on the bright side of life."
Oh dear FSM, I've ventured into the MTT forum again. I disagree with everyone like always.
Oh will you just stop it! I ended up resorting to posting things like(*1X)-2**^34232and then they all agree and get it.
so to get to FCP I type "fcp poker" (minus the " ") into my firefox google search thingy and the result I get includes the fcp forum link but also includes 8 links which I've placed below. Though, the second four links appear side by side with the first four linksDaniel's Poker BlogGeneral Poker ForumTactical BearGrocery_mony AntistuffZach6668OziumrulesDaniel's Poker Results
wow, what the hell? that's weird.
This describes my current state of feeling/mind. The only thing I would add is that I have my money and ever burgeoning list of hobbies to make myself feel content/occupied.
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't understand you. Could you please take the silver spoon out of your mouth?Maybe a relationship with Jesus might help? Eh?
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't understand you. Could you please take the silver spoon out of your mouth?Maybe a relationship with Jesus might help? Eh?
That part was a joke, obviously. On that note, I've earned every bit of my "wealth".
That part was a joke, obviously. On that note, I've earned every bit of my "wealth".
Oh, well my part was a joke as well. FACEWhat is it that you do again? I've forgotten, oddly, because I usually remember everything.
that's not fair. most of those guys arent even Featured Members
Oh, well my part was a joke as well. FACEWhat is it that you do again? I've forgotten, oddly, because I usually remember everything.
Dammit Ron, keep up. He's the asian wiz kid from the blackjack book, "Bringing down the house" that busted Vegas.
I'd like to hear more about your BJJ class if you get the time.
I grinded throughout college/got lucky shot taking/had some nice pieces of people in tourney scores/invested well/lost a significant portion of my portfolio/now deciding what I'm going to do career-wise.Actually, thats all a lie. Randy is right. What do you want to know about the BJJ? Glad to answer any questions.
I grinded throughout college/got lucky shot taking/had some nice pieces of people in tourney scores/invested well/lost a significant portion of my portfolio/now deciding what I'm going to do career-wise.Actually, thats all a lie. Randy is right. What do you want to know about the BJJ? Glad to answer any questions.
ahhh, that's right, you play poker. Funny I forgot that considering we're on a poker site.How the classes are structured. Do you have a partner you work with, does anyone just work with anyone. What's the personal instruction like? Is it a lot of drills and cardio work or a lot of rolling and instructions?
I've never been to a 5 guys, but starting in August I'll be living extremely close to one. I guess I'm curious.
Being in Canada, I've never been to places like Five Guys/White Castle/Sonic/In 'n Out/Hardees/Jack in the Box, etc.I had an In N Out in vegas a few years ago. It was better than the chain places like Mcd and BK, but it wasn't the best burger I ever had.I had five guys when I was in florida a couple months ago. It really was a fantastic meal, both the burger and the fries (NEVER order the large fries, the regular are PLENTY). By far the best burger I didn't make myself. Up here, we have a similar chain, called Licks, where everything is made fresh. the burgers there are quite good. Of course, the added bonus is you can get poutine with your burger.poutine.jpg
That's okay - since there's no one good who posts in there anymore, that's a good thing.** I don't ever go in there anymore so I don't know if anyone good posts in there. But I doubt it.**** Loogie excepted. ****** Or is he?
Sharkscope has me as a shark, and that means I'm a poker genius. GENIUS.
ahhh, that's right, you play poker. Funny I forgot that considering we're on a poker site.How the classes are structured. Do you have a partner you work with, does anyone just work with anyone. What's the personal instruction like? Is it a lot of drills and cardio work or a lot of rolling and instructions?
We have classes 5 days a week and two of the days are focused on fundamentals (a lot of white belts attend these classes). Three days a week is an open class where everyone from beginners to advanced guys come in and work more intermediate techniques and the advanced guys get to refine their game while the learning curve for the beginners greatly increases because you have to learn to make adjustments or get choked out. On one of the days we have also have a judo class where we work a ton on takedowns and throws (which is really helpful with transitions to the ground). After every class we also have an hour to roll, work on no gi techniques, etc. The group of guys I roll with are all really cool because they go out of the way to help develop the beginners' game and will usually match up with them. The first ten minutes of class is usually basic calisthenics and stretching and then we get right into instruction which can be anything from transitioning from side control to advanced sweeps to guard pass. This portion of class is usually about 30 minutes. The last 15-20 minutes is spent in guard play which is the best part cardio wise of the whole class. I've had a few BJJ professors and all have different strengths that have helped me refine my own jiu jitsu game. The guy I'm with now is very technical and absolutely loves the gi, while the other two I had liked to incorporate a ton of no-gi into training. The professor I have now rolls with us a ton and is very helpful in pointing out the minor details. You should definitely find a good school and get signed up. If you have any more questions, let me know.
Damn, I've been wanting to say that for a long time. Her grammar puts me on monkey tilt. It's amazing to see an adult writing like that. Come on Rose, clean it up!
I will when I get my new computer
Apparently its been the computers fault this whole time. Who knew?