Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

From the fail thread- pretty funny.
What is with the top pitchers getting lit up in their first games this season. Pissing me off. I need a good start to the fantasy Bball season.
The Reds played in 30 degree weather, can't they just wait for May?OH and Stevo, I actually downloaded Curaline from the library and enjoyed it, though halfway through I realized it was a kid's book which probably accounted for it. They don't have American Gods available but they do have Neverwin or whatever it's called. I take it you recomend it
Nah, it's too Wangish to be made up, I believe it but then again i'm pretty NIGH-eve
Ron's claim is that all of it -- everything I write and share -- is made up. I don't want to put words in his mouth, but he's been "nope"ing me for, what, 3 years now? To be perfectly honest, I think I'd rather it were all made up, not because it sucks or anything (my life is pretty fun most of the time), but rather because I like to think if everything here was fabricated out of whole cloth, I'd have a career as a writer (for a sitcom, for movies, of books, whatever) waiting for me somewhere. If I could invent these awkward scenarios, entire characters, etc., there's no way I wouldn't be talented enough to co-write "Pineapple Express II" or something, right?
From the fail thread- pretty funny.The Reds played in 30 degree weather, can't they just wait for May?OH and Stevo, I actually downloaded Curaline from the library and enjoyed it, though halfway through I realized it was a kid's book which probably accounted for it. They don't have American Gods available but they do have Neverwin or whatever it's called. I take it you recomend it
Yeah Coraline is his kids book, good story but now what you would be looking for. Neverwhere is probably my favorite right now. Just about to start reading Anasasi Boys. But you need to read/listen to American Gods before that one.
Ron's claim is that all of it -- everything I write and share -- is made up. I don't want to put words in his mouth, but he's been "nope"ing me for, what, 3 years now? To be perfectly honest, I think I'd rather it were all made up, not because it sucks or anything (my life is pretty fun most of the time), but rather because I like to think if everything here was fabricated out of whole cloth, I'd have a career as a writer (for a sitcom, for movies, of books, whatever) waiting for me somewhere. If I could invent these awkward scenarios, entire characters, etc., there's no way I wouldn't be talented enough to co-write "Pineapple Express II" or something, right?
I like to think that you dream up these scenarios first and then you put them into play in real life to test out how realistic your writing is. I have entire conversations in my head, but whenever I have those conversations in real life, they never go the way I envisioned them going and all my best jokes get wasted.Fucking people.
I like to think that you dream up these scenarios first and then you put them into play in real life to test out how realistic your writing is. I have entire conversations in my head, but whenever I have those conversations in real life, they never go the way I envisioned them going and all my best jokes get wasted.****ing people.
Practice, practice, practice. I gave up on life circa 2002, and that's really liberating in terms of interpersonal interactions.
Yeah Coraline is his kids book, good story but now what you would be looking for. Neverwhere is probably my favorite right now. Just about to start reading Anasasi Boys. But you need to read/listen to American Gods before that one.
OOPS. I read them in reverse order I guess. Still enjoyed it thoroughly.
I like to think that you dream up these scenarios first and then you put them into play in real life to test out how realistic your writing is.
I actually thought more about this on the drive up to campus, and, yeah, I absolutely do that. I think of these funny things to do or say, and how people will react, and whether or not I'd be amused, and how pissed he (SHE) would be, etc. I used to kinda keep that stuff locked up, but I realize I enjoy life more when I say the stuff I'm thinking.1) It's amusing to me.2) It's amusing to the people around me.3) It usually weeds out the people I wouldn't get along with, and quickly.Off to Tax Class!
Poor Jess. I'm really quite fond of her for some reason.
Agreed. Tell Jess to call me Wang, especially if she really is kinda dumb.
I let my son jump from the landing on the stairs to me at the bottom so he can play superman and pretend he is flying. Our stairs are situated like this:stairs_image1.jpgBefore I took him to bed I said he could jump to me. He backed his butt up to the wall, takes two steps and instead of just jumping to me he decides to do a handspring flip type thing where he ended up flying feet first at me about 8 feet in the air.The dad in me had to put the shear amazement aside and punish him for dangerous activity, even though I was completely impressed.
Be careful brah, when I was little I watched Superman and thought I could fly. Split my head open on the corner of our coffee table a half inch above my eye. In my gayass life update: the girl with the dog's growing on me a lot (as is the dog)..this is so gd weird I have no idea what to do
Are you really Rod Reynolds? Like, for real? Also Nikki:Who in the wor-Who in the name of God ar-Who the spit are y-I lost my train of thought. When does the new Song of Ice and Fire come out?
It can't happen soon enough! According to Amazon, it's supposed to come out in September, but the author still claims it's unfinished, as far as I know.
For those of you involved in the great mustard debate of o nine, I picked up a jar of Sierra Nevada mustard at the Whole Foods store yesterday Yeah, same company that makes the beverage I enjoy....I highly recommend it
I like the beer. I'll have to give that a try.
OH and Stevo, I actually downloaded Curaline from the library and enjoyed it, though halfway through I realized it was a kid's book which probably accounted for it. They don't have American Gods available but they do have Neverwin or whatever it's called. I take it you recomend it
Neil Gaiman turns me on. Love him. American Gods is fantastic and creepy. So is Anansi Boys. All of his childrens' fiction is good, too. His newest, The Graveyard Book is amazing. Go out and get this one straight away. Neverwhere was good, but it's probably my least favorite. I still liked it, though. I started reading his stuff because he co-authored a book with my favorite living author, Terry Pratchett. It's called Good Omens and it's funny stuff.
Be careful brah, when I was little I watched Superman and thought I could fly. Split my head open on the corner of our coffee table a half inch above my eye.
I appreciate it. Let me put it this way, he was trying to this stuff before I intervened. So I make sure the only time he does stuff like that is when I am there. IMO it's better to allow him to do something that I can spot him, than just walk around the corner to see him doing back flips off the railing.The funny thing is, he is daredevil in some areas, but I cannot get him to go on a swing set. He is also afraid of amusement park rides. We are taking him to disneyland next month, so that should be interesting.
It can't happen soon enough! According to Amazon, it's supposed to come out in September, but the author still claims it's unfinished, as far as I know.I like the beer. I'll have to give that a try.Neil Gaiman turns me on. Love him. American Gods is fantastic and creepy. So is Anansi Boys. All of his childrens' fiction is good, too. His newest, The Graveyard Book is amazing. Go out and get this one straight away. Neverwhere was good, but it's probably my least favorite. I still liked it, though. I started reading his stuff because he co-authored a book with my favorite living author, Terry Pratchett. It's called Good Omens and it's funny stuff.
Funny thing is I have read Anansi Boys and really liked it. I got it a few years back when I was in Miami for the plane ride. Steve reminded me of it in the book thread and finally got around to reading some more of it if I can find it. I have a bunch of actual reading stuff laying around so I'm trying to get the audiobooks. I might just buy it on audible since so many recomend it.Speaking of reccomending books I have to in the strongest way urge everyone to read Three Cups of Tea. True story and many might have heard about it already but it's been pretty inspirational for me. I'm thinking of adopting a Pakistani or moving to Kabul now. Okay, not that bad but I have been spending alot of my free time organizing local schools to participate in the Pennies for Peace school project they have. I have also been saving change for years that Deb and I didn't really have a plan for but was going to use it to splurge on something for us. After getting her to read the book and a bunch of follow up material we agreed and bought a bunch of the children book version and donated them to schools and sent the rest to the CAI (Central Asia Institute) as a donation. The total was about $2500 and given her job situation maybe not wise but i've never seen a more worthwhile charity and is was in a way, spare change.Oh and Harlen Coben's new book "Long Lost" is awesome as well.
You guys get drunk for the rainout?
We were getting drunk because of opening day in general...The Extra innings package is free for the first week (I'm hoping I get it free for the whole year...I bought it last year, and they never shut off the channels, so I had the hockey package for free all year. Got a solid 30 minutes of free hockey in 5 months. The channels are the same, so I'm hoping I get to save $200) and I've got mlb.tv for the 6th year. mlb.tv is running lots of games in HD, and their new player is actually pretty sweet. Can watch either one game, a picture-in-picture of any 2 games, two games side by side, or 4 games at once. A couple of the feeds weren't too good yesterday and were very choppy, but by the night games I had all 4 going at once, plus one on the TV. So that's how me and my friends spend 3-1130 pm. Along with 3 growlers of some good pale ales.
I am in a 10-team AL-only roto/auction league, and I pursued an interesting strategy this year. I usually put together a 25$ pitching staff and try to collect low-whip, low-era relievers who might get some saves. Everyone knows this, and I lose a lot of my leverage, so I bought the following pitching staff:Felix HernandezErik BedardMy catchers are:Joe MauerAnd to top things off, Upton is all messed up and won't be playing for a wee bit. Should be a long year.
I've been trying to get my league to do an auction draft to go along with our regular head-to-head league, but haven't been able to put together 2 weekends in a row where everyone is available. I think it'd be a blast.Did you watch the Mariners game last night? Felix almost ruined himself in the FIRST inning, and I almost died. I've got Ichiro, Mauer, and Smoltz on my team, and seeing Felix limp around for 8 innings of one-run ball wasn't very settling, but he made a nice little statement. I have Bedard tonight too, and he's looking very good so far, although the Twins lineup isn't too menacing. Also, don't worry about Upton, he'll be back and with more power this year.
What is with the top pitchers getting lit up in their first games this season. Pissing me off. I need a good start to the fantasy Bball season.
It's a marathon, ser. Giants pulled Lincecum today after 3 innings just because he didn't have his best stuff, but I don't think anyone is worried. C.C. should worry you, if you have him. The AL East might **** him up good, and he threw 260+ total innings last year. Plus, he's never struck me as a "New York" kind of guy. Webb was a bit disconcerting, but he's been the second-best pitcher in the majors the last 4-5 years, so give him time. Same with Halladay. Cliff Lee isn't going to win another Cy Young, ever, so it's downhill from last year for the rest of his career. Also, Emil Bonifacio is a monster so far.
BachelorFood.jpgHere is my dinner tonight. Those are Bagel Bites, but I made them gourmet by adding a jalapeno slice to each one. That's zazz.
How My Brain BehavesI have been thinking about how I interact with people lately, specifically people I know with whom I am not friends. I had this interaction about 15 minutes ago out in front of the building, smoking a cigarette instead of studying for an accounting quiz.(Guy From Econ Class makes eye contact and nods as he's walking into the building)(Wang removes his headphones and nods, in case Econ Guy is trying to make small talk or something)EconGuy: "Smoking's bad for you, man."Wang: "True, but it will also kill me faster."EconGuy: "Haha, yeah."Wang: "Nothing wrong with that, right?"EconGuy: (laughs)Wang: "Alright man, we'll see you in a few hours." (Wang puts headphones back on)I probably have 10 of these little vignettes daily. Is it weird that I say stuff like "Cigarettes are good because they will kill me?" I don't know. I just say stuff, and I never have any idea what I'm talking about. It certainly feels appropriate given the context, but in retrospect it's a pretty odd thing to say to somebody you don't really know.
see, this one I can get behind. The guy was a dick, butted in to your business, so you gave him the business. So, for this one, I'll give you an emphatic:YEPalso, I don't think everything is fabricated, but I think the truth is stretched, like Stretch Armstrong. Not saying I'm right, just saying it's my take. I'm cynical by nature, don't take it personally. Excluding your long conversational posts, your math posts, your gambling posts and your fantasy posts, I'm reading more of your stuff lately.
In my gayass life update: the girl with the dog's growing on me a lot (as is the dog)..this is so gd weird I have no idea what to do
ask for anal, if she does it, move on to a threesome, but not with the dog.
BachelorFood.jpgHere is my dinner tonight. Those are Bagel Bites, but I made them gourmet by adding a jalapeno slice to each one. That's zazz.
You are living the High Life
Anybody else want in the 20 dollars, pick 10 golfers Masters pool? If so, send me an email at: ShimmeringWang@gmail.com and I'll send you the odds/scoring.
I want in, but I'm too lazy to email you. Can you PM it to me? I can send cash on bodog or stars if that works.
BachelorFood.jpg
I went to Wendy's twice today.
I want in, but I'm too lazy to email you. Can you PM it to me? I can send cash on bodog or stars if that works.I went to Wendy's twice today.
It's a word document. I'll email it to you. We'll figure out the cash-cash later somehow. I will probably just end up having you guys all transfer it to somebody who doesn't hate me, and then have him get the money to me somehow. Like I said: I'm totally unconcerned.EDIT- Sent. EDIT2- Still time to get in, guys. Submission deadline is 2AM on Wednesday.
I appreciate it. Let me put it this way, he was trying to this stuff before I intervened. So I make sure the only time he does stuff like that is when I am there. IMO it's better to allow him to do something that I can spot him, than just walk around the corner to see him doing back flips off the railing.The funny thing is, he is daredevil in some areas, but I cannot get him to go on a swing set. He is also afraid of amusement park rides. We are taking him to disneyland next month, so that should be interesting.
Why don't you enroll him in gymnastics? Then he gets to learn all these tricks the correct way, and he is taught about doing it safely, while on mats and stuff.And if you ever lose your job you can sell him to the circus.
Here is my dinner tonight. Those are Bagel Bites, but I made them gourmet by adding a jalapeno slice to each one. That's zazz.
I haven't had a bagel bit in quite some time. I have, however, had a miller high life VERY recently. friday night I believe? whatever, I was made fun of for it but I DON'T CARE. they're delicious. and three bucks for a six pack.
I went to Wendy's twice today.
eww

this is when your runbad is just getting so far beyond ridiculouswaiting all morning to go get coffee, finally get up for ONE handDealt to tardsicle [Ad Ac]Ruloromero: folds Dealer: tardsicle has timed out - hand is foldedtardsicle: folds...