I Called In Sick Today

Went to Morton's for dinner tonight.Bone in Chicago style ribeye - mediumbaked potatoiceberg wedge salad with blue cheese - surprisingly goodchocolate dessert thingy that you have to pre-order. Very, very good.Waiter was a very nice guy, but as he brought the steaks out, he did something and slipped, and when I turned, my steak was barely hanging on my plate, and I told him "good save" but he says "I didn't save em both" and it turned out, my mother's well done filet was on the ground. He felt horrible, but we just started riding him about it. We didn't care. My mother was a waitress for the better part of her twenties and thirties, and my step dad was a cook in an italian restaurant for many years after high school, so we get that shit happens. But of course, I had to say something every time he came by. It was all in good fun, then when he dropped off the check and the doggie bag, he tells me he thinks that I've got one more joke left in me. Little does he know that I could go all night. So my finally was, when he came by to thank us, I dropped the doggie bag full of steak on the ground and then asked if they're hiring, because I'm obviously qualified. I picked up the steak and wanted to eat it. Carpet look clean. The manager gave us after dinner drinks for free. My parent has Bailey's, caramel flavored. I am still hung over from last night. Ughhhh.Good meal. Whoa pricey. Classy joint
You guys need to come to Iowa and get a real steak for WAY cheaper... at Rube's. Also, what's this 'medium' stuff? Do you hate good steak? Medium rare is the longest you should ever cook a steak.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

You guys need to come to Iowa and get a real steak for WAY cheaper... at Rube's. Also, what's this 'medium' stuff? Do you hate good steak? Medium rare is the longest you should cook a steak.
I like medium prime rib, but that is as rare as it gets for me. at some point foodborne illness ought to be a concern.
I like medium prime rib, but that is as rare as it gets for me. at some point foodborne illness ought to be a concern.
I can't sleep and I wander in here to the queerest thing even uttered in this thread.

As of late, I am really good at almost getting into fights.I was walking home from the bars tonight with my buddy and his girlfriend when some guy was talking shit to us across from across the street. My buddy who is a pretty big guy was talking shit back, and then his girlfriend started talking shit back too. We walked a block and I figured it was over. Then an suv with about 8 people rolled up along side of us and started talking a bunch of shit, to which the girlfriend returned proverbial shit. We tried to reason with her, but she insisted that "they won't hit a girl", which might be true, but they'd definitely hit two guys, and we wouldn't be able to do much about that. Two of them got out and started following right behind us daring us to hit them first, but although we are drunk, we're not f'n stupid. Fortunately, I think they didn't actually want to start something as much as we didn't want to get into a fight with eight other guys and we were able to get home safely.

I can't sleep and I wander in here to the queerest thing even uttered in this thread.
you don't honestly believe chefs always manage to hit the right temp for the right length of time at medium rare, do you? not that I think it is a huge concern, but it is one of the reasons I stick to medium or medium well. the excess blood mixing with everything else on the plate is another.there was this amazing place in gatlinburg called the peddler. had a guy walking around with the night's steaks on a cart, showed you the choices and cut off what you picked to be cooked. it is still the best steak I ever had, and this was 10+ years ago. the same people now own a few more restaurants there, but it isn't as good. I guess they realized that quality isn't crucial when you operate in a tourist trap.
After several months.This might be the happiest moment of my life.11Life = today
yeah I thought about trying to friend him, but I knew there was no way he'd accept. he's just so particular about his internet relationships. I couldn't take the rejection.
It was all in good fun, then when he dropped off the check and the doggie bag, he tells me he thinks that I've got one more joke left in me. Little does he know that I could go all night. So my finally was, when he came by to thank us, I dropped the doggie bag full of steak on the ground and then asked if they're hiring, because I'm obviously qualified. I picked up the steak and wanted to eat it. Carpet look clean. The manager gave us after dinner drinks for free. My parent has Bailey's, caramel flavored. I am still hung over from last night. Ughhhh.Good meal. Whoa pricey. Classy joint
there are some pretty serious grammatical and stylistic errors in this whole section of this post. my parent has bailey's. I'M GLAD HE OR SHE DOES RON. VERY GLAD.
its a good idea if you want to fashion yourself after this guy
you and I both know that I do.
Am I the only one curious about how much the tip was?
that was the only reason I read the whole thing. still pretty disappointed actually.
hahaha, no kidding.
Finally? Ohhh, finale?
Yes, finale
Am I the only one curious about how much the tip was?
$70 on $320
there are some pretty serious grammatical and stylistic errors in this whole section of this post. my parent has bailey's. I'M GLAD HE OR SHE DOES RON. VERY GLAD.
Fine, I didn't reread the post before hitting send. SUE ME. If you had any idea how much I drank on Friday night, you'd realize that I'm lucky to be standing upright, even today. Sooooo, you and your grammar police partner LG can FUCK right OFF.
Fine, I didn't reread the post before hitting send. SUE ME. If you had any idea how much I drank on Friday night, you'd realize that I'm lucky to be standing upright, even today. Sooooo, you and your grammar police partner LG can FUCK right OFF.
just completely incomprehensible. can't tell which way is up in this post.
Lefty,I pulled some strings and a friend is getting me a copy under his wife's id under the guise I'm getting it for my brother. You're welcome.In exchange, I expect an internship.Thank you,Clint
How about I ship you a black hooker instead?
Song whatever - "Benton Harbor Blues" by the Fiery FurnacesEDIT- I believe my choices, specifically the Fiery Furnaces track, were roundly criticized.
Benton Harbor... they sure has dem blues
Went to Morton's for dinner tonight.Bone in Chicago style ribeye - mediumbaked potatoiceberg wedge salad with blue cheese - surprisingly goodchocolate dessert thingy that you have to pre-order. Very, very good.Waiter was a very nice guy, but as he brought the steaks out, he did something and slipped, and when I turned, my steak was barely hanging on my plate, and I told him "good save" but he says "I didn't save em both" and it turned out, my mother's well done filet was on the ground. He felt horrible, but we just started riding him about it. We didn't care. My mother was a waitress for the better part of her twenties and thirties, and my step dad was a cook in an italian restaurant for many years after high school, so we get that shit happens. But of course, I had to say something every time he came by. It was all in good fun, then when he dropped off the check and the doggie bag, he tells me he thinks that I've got one more joke left in me. Little does he know that I could go all night. So my finally was, when he came by to thank us, I dropped the doggie bag full of steak on the ground and then asked if they're hiring, because I'm obviously qualified. I picked up the steak and wanted to eat it. Carpet look clean. The manager gave us after dinner drinks for free. My parent has Bailey's, caramel flavored. I am still hung over from last night. Ughhhh.Good meal. Whoa pricey. Classy joint
Chocolate souffle'Had a bone in rib eye at Delmonico's last weekend. My fav cut of meat.
I'm about to go on a semi steve-esque rant:
She obv from Skokie
I've had a number of bad experiences at Mortons's.That can't be right...
I cannot concurMy wife has turned me into a total fagala...we now watch Real Housewives of NY.
I've had a number of bad experiences at Mortons's.That can't be right...
I've been once. We took the girls to Morton's before Senior Prom. My girlfriend at the time -- a Vietnamese lass named Diana -- wanted the night to be "special," and did not want me getting all messed up. My best friend's date probably didn't care, but since my buddy didn't want to leave me hanging, he just acted like his date would have been pissed, too. We had no idea what to do, so we bought 4 6-packs of girly drinks (Mike's Hard Lemonade, I think) and a bottle of vodka. Our reasoning? The girls would smell beer on our breath, man. There were 10 of us all together in our group. Mike and I dropped the ladies off at the door, and went to park the car. Here, we each drank two Mike's Hard Lemonades. We went inside, made small talk, then "realized" we'd left our jackets in the car. So we went to the car and had two more drinks. We came back in, ordered, and then I started "panicking" because I'd "lost" my wallet. It's probably in the car. We had 2 more drinks, then came back inside. Etc. By the 5th trip, we weren't even bothering to make up excuses anymore. I tried to order two steaks, but my girlfriend said I couldn't. Mike got two steaks, and split his second one with me.
you don't honestly believe chefs always manage to hit the right temp for the right length of time at medium rare, do you? not that I think it is a huge concern, but it is one of the reasons I stick to medium or medium well. the excess blood mixing with everything else on the plate is another.
The blood makes it taste good. If I die of MadCow, so be it. I'm NOT getting my steak all cooked up. I'd just as soon get a hamburger at that point.
$70 on $320
Tipping well is important. I think I would have left the full 25% (80, getting it all the way up to 400 even), but I'm glad to see you're a solid tipper, Ron. Who here thinks 70/320 is excessive? Strat? You got any opinions?I don't even need to ask Ira and Speedzie.
Tipping well is important. I think I would have left the full 25% (80, getting it all the way up to 400 even), but I'm glad to see you're a solid tipper, Ron. Who here thinks 70/320 is excessive? Strat? You got any opinions?I don't even need to ask Ira and Speedzie.
70/320 - very generous, not excessive. To me >50% is excessive.Morton's schtiik of bring out the seran-wrapped meat is a little annoying. Any vino Ron?Speaking of vino - Keith - Stopped over at Binny's. Huskers20 had given me the headsup...the 03 Montelena for $49 was a good deal. Bought 6.
She obv from Skokie
probably, that or the part of highland park that is near highwood
Speaking of vino - Keith - Stopped over at Binny's. Huskers20 had given me the headsup...the 03 Montelena for $49 was a good deal. Bought 6.
I didn't know that we had that on sale for that price, my store's been out of that for a whilePSA:http://www.bryansfinefoods.com/While the steaks are on the expensive side from there, they absolutely rock. There are other things like a wagyu rib cap that isn't on there that was amazing that I had last week. It's well worth ordering a steak from flannery at least once
Not really. Steak, especially good steak, can be eaten raw without a need for concern. You're thinking of chicken and pork.I think that medium is excessive in general, but for a bone-in ribeye it's understandable and I'll allow it, since getting that cut medium rare can result in the area adjacent to the bone being too rare for most people's tastes. I forgot to quote it, but I agree with lefty that it's by far the best cut of meat out there.
Yes, finale$70 on $320Fine, I didn't reread the post before hitting send. SUE ME. If you had any idea how much I drank on Friday night, you'd realize that I'm lucky to be standing upright, even today. Sooooo, you and your grammar police partner LG can FUCK right OFF.
You shouldn't end sentences with prepositions.
My wife has turned me into a total fagala...we now watch Real Housewives of NY.
NY? OC's where it's at

Geez, i've been busy. Work and stuff. Son got his apartment (was living at grandmas) and I took him shopping Fridayfor all kinds of stuff, dishes, lamps, sweeper etc. He's a happy camper though.Came home and finished helping the step daughter move back in. It's going okay so far and I bought her a flat screen for her room (another long story behind this) but she's happy as well.I have been dying to remember to this so now is as good a time as any. LG's quote about "net gain" using her finger was hilarious and now my favorite saying. I've had a bunch of opportunities to use it and it cracks me up every time. Some real losers, (another long story) left the office the other day and my boss was left muttering about worthless humans and how they aren't worth the air they breath. I smiled with a big grin and said "we could take it from them, Net Gain" while wiggling my finger in an upward graph motion.

au chante nigga!
Au chante!
You guys need to come to Iowa and get a real steak for WAY cheaper... at Rube's. Also, what's this 'medium' stuff? Do you hate good steak? Medium rare is the longest you should ever cook a steak.
Too many steak quotes, but yep, bone-in ribeye is the best and too pricey for college kids but a good ribeye from the market is about as expensive as a $7 cheeseburger but pointless if it isn't going to be cooked med rare. Well, almost medium and cooked right would get by and still smoke the cheeseburger. I actually just mailed some awesome steak seasoning to El G yesterday so after his review if anyone wants some let me know.
As of late, I am really good at almost getting into fights.
Dude, it's my friggin' life. A truck almost ran me over (and an old lady) walking into Krogers this morning and after I yelled ASSHOLE! the guy stopped, so I took off after the the truck (nice being in shape) and he took off only to hit the main road non-stop and wreck into another truck. He was hurt really bad so I didn't get to berate him and tell him that if he died the world would have a "Net Gain!"
there was this amazing place in gatlinburg called the peddler. had a guy walking around with the night's steaks on a cart, showed you the choices and cut off what you picked to be cooked. it is still the best steak I ever had, and this was 10+ years ago. the same people now own a few more restaurants there, but it isn't as good. I guess they realized that quality isn't crucial when you operate in a tourist trap.
I've been to Peddler, great place and good steak. Lord was I hammered there once. I drove from Cinti to Gatlinburg while drinking smirnoff ice for 6 hours with some beer mixed in. Met up with others for drinks before going and didn't leave until about 11 that night. I do remember having Merlot there for some odd reason. good time.
Morton's schtiik of bring out the seran-wrapped meat is a little annoying. Any vino Ron?
Well, the full on presentation is entertaining, but if I went there repeatedly, I wouldn't need to see it every time.No wine for me. Not a wine drinker, and I was driving, so no booze at all. Not to mention that I was incredibly beat up from the night before. I believe I power drank from 6:30pm until midnight, which included gallons of beer and at least 4 jaeger bombs. On the bright side, I had the brazilian sit down with us after her shift and have drinks for an hour or two. On the down side, I was probably bombed and am frightened at the shit I may have said.
Dude, it's my friggin' life. A truck almost ran me over (and an old lady) walking into Krogers this morning and after I yelled ASSHOLE! the guy stopped, so I took off after the the truck (nice being in shape) and he took off only to hit the main road non-stop and wreck into another truck. He was hurt really bad so I didn't get to berate him and tell him that if he died the world would have a "Net Gain!"
Man, you just can't help yourself.
haha I saw the request and thought you would like to know that you passed the deliberation processstill in process:renaebrvhart
seriously.... you waiting for a back rub or something? I'll come down there... don't think I won't.
The blood makes it taste good. If I die of MadCow, so be it. I'm NOT getting my steak all cooked up. I'd just as soon get a hamburger at that point.Tipping well is important. I think I would have left the full 25% (80, getting it all the way up to 400 even), but I'm glad to see you're a solid tipper, Ron. Who here thinks 70/320 is excessive? Strat? You got any opinions?I don't even need to ask Ira and Speedzie.
I think it's VERY excessive. (the $320, that is) You can get a bigger better steak right here where they are raised for $30. Hell, Ron could fly to Des Moines, have Napa take him to Rube's, get back on the plane, and fly home for $320.

I rented Role Models today and enjoyed it, so I looked up what that crew of actors is up to next. After some browsing I saw that Seth Rogan was going to be the Green Hornet, and thought I remembered the filming was already finished, so I looked up the trailer. Sometimes you just don't know where something awesome is going to come from.

you know, I could probably assert my dominance better if I went to a tanning salon and got tan. is this a good idea yes or no?
Sure if you want melenoma
They're saying that sexbucket is the new stuffpuppet.
:stanley nickel:
The blood makes it taste good. If I die of MadCow, so be it. I'm NOT getting my steak all cooked up. I'd just as soon get a hamburger at that point.
DENNY CRANE!
steak makes me poop excessively.
I thought steak did the opposite and clogged up the pipes. What's wrong with you?Alcohol makes me poop.