I Called In Sick Today

something's wrong with that sunsetIt's not blurry, although I'm sure it was while you were looking at it
Ive been hitting the stuff with a vengeance all week....Currently in Venice right next to the beach100_0069.jpgI dread loading all this stuff back up for the trip home
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

My own choice for best song would have to be the song Sir Paul dubbed "the greatest song ever written", "God Only Knows", by The Beach Boys. I think you have to have tried to write a lot of chord progressions and melodies to truly appreciate how staggeringly beautiful the meshing of chords and melody is in that song. I would sometimes play that song just on acoustic guitar w/ vocals at solo gigs, and I'd always introduce it by saying "Brian Wilson is an alien, wish me luck." What an awesome lyric to begin a song with: "I may not always love you..." And what a sick chord progression and wonderfully musical voicings: D/A -> Bmin6 -> F#m -> F#m7 -> F#m6/A -> E/B -> Cdim -> E/B -> A# half dim -> hook. And the bridge is jaw-dropping as well. I really don't think another song will ever be written that is that musically complex and rich but somehow incredibly easy on the ear. Oh, and with great lyrics to boot.
goddammit
goddammit
being this ^ good at life sometimes feels like a burden, like i should be doing something meaningful. like thinking about building a center for kids who can't read. good.
being this ^ good at life sometimes feels like a burden, like i should be doing something meaningful. like thinking about building a center for kids who can't read. good.
that was so long ago, we weren't really sure you'd get it. two pages back in my journal equates to late 2007...
are you taking on any students?
How about a photography school? 2 birds, 1 stone.
Hey LG, remember when I asked you to make me a .gif?
She's too busy advertising her capability, that she has no time for the actual product. Sorry Napa, you're on the waiting list.

so the original clown who mixed pearl jam's ten drenched everything in gobs of godawful digital reverb so everything sounds like it's a billion miles away, and the band hated the mix but didn't have the money at the time to mix with anyone decent. they finally got brendan o'brien to remix it for the deluxe edition which is coming out soon in stores but has already been leaked online of course.i just listened, and it sounds a lot lot better. kind of crazy and fun to hear eddie's dry performances on these songs i've heard a million times before. yay for people doing smart things on reissues.here if you're interested

Well, that was the best week of my life. Among other things, I got to swim with dolphins, hang out with monkeys, play with a 25 pound jungle cat (a margay), actually perform some surgeries on my own, cruise on a 70 foot catamaran, see a bunch of puppy, kitten, cat, and dog appointments, eat a shitload of amazing food, including a pig roast and a ton of fresh seafood, etc.You know, but it's nice to be back here with all of you...

so the original clown who mixed pearl jam's ten drenched everything in gobs of godawful digital reverb so everything sounds like it's a billion miles away, and the band hated the mix but didn't have the money at the time to mix with anyone decent. they finally got brendan o'brien to remix it for the deluxe edition which is coming out soon in stores but has already been leaked online of course.i just listened, and it sounds a lot lot better. kind of crazy and fun to hear eddie's dry performances on these songs i've heard a million times before. yay for people doing smart things on reissues.here if you're interested
Wow.....what a difference. Thanks for the link.Welcome back Speedz
i love this album so much. currently listening on my crappy computer speakers and the difference is clear even on them, can't wait to get home and listen to this on something that sounds good.i'm at work, and it's REALLY REALLY hard to not sing along. really loud.
Well, that was the best week of my life. Among other things, I got to swim with dolphins, hang out with monkeys, play with a 25 pound jungle cat (a margay), actually perform some surgeries on my own, cruise on a 70 foot catamaran, see a bunch of puppy, kitten, cat, and dog appointments, eat a shitload of amazing food, including a pig roast and a ton of fresh seafood, etc.You know, but it's nice to be back here with all of you...
Chag Sameach!!

The upside to a down economy.

“You’re seeing a lot more beautiful women who are eligible to do so many other things,” said Gus Poulos, general manager of New York City’s Sin City gentleman’s club. He said he got 85 responses in just one day to a recent job posting on Craigslist.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29824663/?gt1=43001
Dang, sounds like you had a suberb week there speedzo. Nice.I finished reading Three Cups of Tea and I thought it was a suberb and inspirational book. mk was talking about teaching illiterate children to read so he should read this and move to Pakistan to do just that. I'm out on going with him but I'll help by raising at least a few hundred to support him when he does. Kidding, awesome book though.Xavier won and now will face Pitt looking for back to back elite eights. I love this time of year. Awesome outside as well, shorts a tee and sandals today. The birds are back on the feeders and squirrels are stategizing a new attempt to get to the feeders all day. Oh well, pokah tonight but I'm not really up for it. Oh and congrats Ron. Don't do like me and donk it all at once.