I Called In Sick Today

well it's nice that SOMEbody cares. than you sir. well, you remember me talking about those layoffs that I was sure I'd be a part of? well, they happened wednesday. only catch? I wasn't part of them. sounds good right? not when my job duties have now doubled (no, no pay raise, but possibly a reduction in the near future), and most of the stuff I am now responsible for I have absolutely no idea how to do, how to even start trying to figure out how to do, and nobody else in the company knows how to do them either (except for the guy they fired of course). not to mention that my boss has apparently decided to take special notice of every mistake and misstep I make along the way and constantly ask me why I've made them, making the workday all the more enjoyable. not really sure how long I'm going to be able to deal with it.this confuses me a bit (as do all stories with letters as names it seems), are you saying the girl that you made out with at the party then left and went and banged another dude? if so, then she's a keeper.on a side note there, I think I should move to australia. if I could figure out a way for them to let me continue my gun nuttiness down there, I'd be all about it.
I hop it works out. Like Ron has said there's little downside if you lose this job since you hate it anyway. And I do think if you didn't have a job you would be more likely to get another. Like you've already said the extra time would make it easier.That is the correct interpretation.I'm pretty sure a you'd have to cut back on the gun nuttiness a lot if you moved here. You can own them but there are restrictions. There are so many good reasons to live here, but why do you want to move here specifically?
Actually, I'm still not entirely sure what's going on in this story.
It's probably you had to be there situation. There is a lot of background knowledge needed to understand I suppose. I'm sorry my story failed. The important part was that I didn't really know where I stood with LG but because of the Ouch situation it is much clearer.
He is in love with your ex. Simple really. You're welcome
Also, Falcon, he was obviously banging her while you guys were broken up.
I knew as I wrote it that was how it was going to sound but didn't really know how to change it. I kind of feel like brvheart at the moment, unable to express myself well through typing. I really envy some of the way you guys can convey everything that is needed to make your stories understood and entertaining.Anyway I'm pretty sure he wasn't in love with her or banging her. If anything his really good friend probably was in love with her and he was actually in love with another one of my ex's. I could be completely wrong, but I don't think so.
i feel sorry for any sickie who works that many hours in a day
I'm really scared what I'm going to do for money now. Quitting poker for the time being was very +LifeEV but a very negative financial decision.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

well, I work 8:30-5:15 M-Th. Does that count? And skipping over my posts is probably the smartest thing to do. But yeah, I wish you the best. It's just the way you've painted it, I'm guessing losing this job wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, although the timing sucks. Go work construction, or something.
yep, like I said, the really only thing that concerns me is the timing, since freaking NOBODY is hiring. but funny thing is, a few weeks ago when I mentioned that I really might be losing my job, I was told about two possible banking positions that might be opening up. maybe actually being unemployed makes people want to help you more than just hating your job. I'm a really pessimistic person by nature as it is, but in this situation I really am looking at it from an optimists view, seeing as how it can't get but so much worse. hell, worst case scenario I have to live off the land for a couple of years then write a book about it. actually... hmm...
I just meant ignorant, because you and every other person always says things or makes dumb judgments based on people being heavy. It can get old. No biggie, I don't mean you in particular.
so I guess we can scratch off being jolly.
I'm pretty sure a you'd have to cut back on the gun nuttiness a lot if you moved here. You can own them but there are restrictions. There are so many good reasons to live here, but why do you want to move here specifically?
you know, I don't really know what it is that makes australia so appealing, but it just seems like a really cool country to go to. things off the top of my head: people seem like the closest to americans [the kinds I like (i.e. white)] that there are in the world + english speaking means an easy cultural transition, really laid back/don't give a fuck kind of attitude, at least that's what's advertised to us, funnel web spiders, surfer chicks, seemingly good weather most of the year (could be wrong on this one?), and plus, one of my friends went there for two weeks a few years ago and said it was far and away the coolest place he's ever been to. also, where have dawson and speedz been?

Updated standings-Wang's Picks: North Carolina, Louisville, Duke, Gonzaga, Michigan St, Oklahoma, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona State, Marquette, Wisconsin, Arizona, Maryland, Oklahoma St, Texas A/M, Michigan, Western Kentucky, Cleveland StWang's Wins: 18Bizzle's Picks: Memphis, Pittsburgh, Connecticut, Missouri, Syracuse, Villanova, Xavier, Purdue, Washington, USC, Texas, LSU, Siena, DaytonBizzle's Wins: 14

Text-conversations with random people from FCP I never bothered to identify: 1Thank you for checking on me, whoever it was that texted me. I was near blacked-out with rage/sadness, and all I can remember was texting something about West Va being unable to hold the floor at the YMCA.
Yes, that was me. God, they played awful, that really hurt my bracket since that was a key point of differentiation for me.
I think I'm in good shape, but it's far from over. He's going to look good with Memphis/UConn/Mizzou coming out of that region, and Pitt looks to be in good shape to make the final four, too.
You binked most of the upsets in the first round, which doesn't help a ton because those teams have a lot lower expected value in the next round.

Got some stuff done yesterday on the day off including (bought a hyper extension thingy to do abs and crunches on and played some BBall) then got drunk with a friend at a bar in the afternoon watching BBall which caused Deb to be pretty upset with me.I did bring home Mexican, (tamales and fajitas not a senorita), and made her dance to Gloria Estafan until I sobered up by drinking a couple pots of coffee. So I'd say the day was a success all in all.I just read, How Starbucks saved my life, and I admit I thought of Sal making a fine Barista. I'm also almost done with Three Cups of Tea, which is another "feel good" kinda book but I couldn't picture Sal living in a cave teaching Pakistani children multiplication so I'm not sure where he fits in with that book. Oh well, at least I'm thinking of possible career opportunities for our resident mountaineer. Wait, that's it! What?

Getting jacked as fuck I thought I told you that.What the hell do you even do at your job? Please summarize in 3 words or less.
oh yeah, I forgot. FLEX.what I do at my job, 3 words: die, very slowly.
then got drunk with a friend at a bar in the afternoon watching BBall
why am I so relieved to hear this? I think I was more worried about you NOT drinking than you drinking.
I knew as I wrote it that was how it was going to sound but didn't really know how to change it. I kind of feel like brvheart at the moment, unable to express myself well through typing. I really envy some of the way you guys can convey everything that is needed to make your stories understood and entertaining.Anyway I'm pretty sure he wasn't in love with her or banging her. If anything his really good friend probably was in love with her and he was actually in love with another one of my ex's. I could be completely wrong, but I don't think so.
allow me to rephrase: He wants to bang you
yep, like I said, the really only thing that concerns me is the timing, since freaking NOBODY is hiring. but funny thing is, a few weeks ago when I mentioned that I really might be losing my job, I was told about two possible banking positions that might be opening up. maybe actually being unemployed makes people want to help you more than just hating your job. I'm a really pessimistic person by nature as it is, but in this situation I really am looking at it from an optimists view, seeing as how it can't get but so much worse. hell, worst case scenario I have to live off the land for a couple of years then write a book about it. actually... hmm...so I guess we can scratch off being jolly.also, where have dawson and speedz been?
You can come stay with me for a week, enjoy the beach, bang mediocre blonds, show off your hair, then leave when you annoy me and keep making me pay for things.I hate the word jolly, but if there is a word for a dirty version of jolly, that would be accurate.Dawson is a young guy, living in a cool city, has a good job and is social. He's probably having sex.Speedz is in guam or something.
I did bring home Mexican
and he blew me.Be careful on the boozing
i dare you to name a song you think is better than s.o.s. by abba
My own choice for best song would have to be the song Sir Paul dubbed "the greatest song ever written", "God Only Knows", by The Beach Boys. I think you have to have tried to write a lot of chord progressions and melodies to truly appreciate how staggeringly beautiful the meshing of chords and melody is in that song. I would sometimes play that song just on acoustic guitar w/ vocals at solo gigs, and I'd always introduce it by saying "Brian Wilson is an alien, wish me luck." What an awesome lyric to begin a song with: "I may not always love you..." And what a sick chord progression and wonderfully musical voicings: D/A -> Bmin6 -> F#m -> F#m7 -> F#m6/A -> E/B -> Cdim -> E/B -> A# half dim -> hook. And the bridge is jaw-dropping as well. I really don't think another song will ever be written that is that musically complex and rich but somehow incredibly easy on the ear. Oh, and with great lyrics to boot.
My own choice for best song would have to be the song Sir Paul dubbed "the greatest song ever written", "God Only Knows", by The Beach Boys. I think you have to have tried to write a lot of chord progressions and melodies to truly appreciate how staggeringly beautiful the meshing of chords and melody is in that song. I would sometimes play that song just on acoustic guitar w/ vocals at solo gigs, and I'd always introduce it by saying "Brian Wilson is an alien, wish me luck." What an awesome lyric to begin a song with: "I may not always love you..." And what a sick chord progression and wonderfully musical voicings: D/A -> Bmin6 -> F#m -> F#m7 -> F#m6/A -> E/B -> Cdim -> E/B -> A# half dim -> hook. And the bridge is jaw-dropping as well. I really don't think another song will ever be written that is that musically complex and rich but somehow incredibly easy on the ear. Oh, and with great lyrics to boot.
That might be the best but I was just thinking of another in a very similar vein by Ted Nugent.Wang Dang Sweet Pootang.

well that was ugly. So, I'm bored and fire up two .10 .25 NL tables, buy in for $25In 15 minutes, I'm $15, no biggie. Better than losing. I close one table out because I have to shower, poop, etc. I'm waiting for the blinds on the other. I get AK, I raise, guy to my left reraises. I flat, blank the flop, check to the aggressor, he bets $5, I fold. Not in a hurry to be a hero. Next hand, I get Q10c. I limp, he raises again, blank the Ace high flop. I check, he bets, I reraise, he calls, I bet out the turn, he min raises. I fold. Next hand, I get 99, I limp, he raises AGAIN. It comes back around, I jam. Q 10 5 board, turn a 9, great right? River Jack, he shows AK. I lose $35 in three hands. Poker, it's FAAAAANTASTIC. I don't even care about the money, but I hate getting bullied. ARRRRGH.

What the hell do you even do at your job? Please summarize in 3 words or less.
Stuff - you jealous?- Sal
This is truly a very good song.
I kind of feel like brvheart at the moment, unable to express myself well through typing.
Wow... that must really suck. Don't kill yourself.
yep, like I said, the really only thing that concerns me is the timing, since freaking NOBODY is hiring. but funny thing is, a few weeks ago when I mentioned that I really might be losing my job, I was told about two possible banking positions that might be opening up. maybe actually being unemployed makes people want to help you more than just hating your job. I'm a really pessimistic person by nature as it is, but in this situation I really am looking at it from an optimists view, seeing as how it can't get but so much worse. hell, worst case scenario I have to live off the land for a couple of years then write a book about it. actually... hmm...
So anyway... The Jiffy Lube here might be for sale and I know the guys really well. If you want to move here, you could probably manage it for around 50k/yr. I know it's not much... but it's something. I would be ok talking with you about being a co-owner as well.
Got some stuff done yesterday on the day off including (bought a hyper extension thingy to do abs and crunches on and played some BBall) then got drunk with a friend at a bar in the afternoon watching BBall which caused Deb to be pretty upset with me.I did bring home Mexican, (tamales and fajitas not a senorita), and made her dance to Gloria Estafan until I sobered up by drinking a couple pots of coffee. So I'd say the day was a success all in all.I just read, How Starbucks saved my life, and I admit I thought of Sal making a fine Barista. I'm also almost done with Three Cups of Tea, which is another "feel good" kinda book but I couldn't picture Sal living in a cave teaching Pakistani children multiplication so I'm not sure where he fits in with that book. Oh well, at least I'm thinking of possible career opportunities for our resident mountaineer. Wait, that's it! What?
Be careful on the boozing
You have a good wife, RR.
So anyway... The Jiffy Lube in Ames, IA might be for sale and I know the guys really well. If you want to move here, you could probably manage it for around 50k/yr. I know it's not much... but it's something. I would be ok talking with you about being a co-owner as well.
I will donate any of my subsequent wages to Sal if I get to work for him at this Jiffy Lube. Also, a) we never made it to PM this week and b ) any update on an actual job for me?
I will donate any of my subsequent wages to Sal if I get to work for him at this Jiffy Lube. Also, a) we never made it to PM this week and b ) any update on an actual job for me?
I spoke with Paul and he said he would let me know by Monday. He seemed generally positive. It helps a lot that he knows you're a smart guy.