• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Years ago, I made a list of the 15 most important people in my life, and I found it in a box a while back. I went to bed early last night, and when I woke up this morning, I made what I am pretty sure is the most depressing list I can possibly imagine. Most Important Friends and When They Gave Up on Me (Followed by a Brief Description of the Incident)There were 15 names on the list, and I judged three to be irrelevant for the purposes of this exercise (one was a girlfriend, one was "my parents" and one was "my brother"). Two items don't have a "When They Gave Up on Me" entry. The original list randked them in ascending order of importance (starting with the 15th most important and ending with the most important), and I think the only reason I'm still sane is that #2 and #1 have yet to bail. A few interesting notes from the original list, penned in 2003ish. #3- (Name Redacted) "Would go to war for. Have gone to war for. He would likely do the same. Bonds forged in the fires of emotional turmoil."#3 gave up on me senior year of college, when he and #8 decided I was an embarrassment. They defriended me, and led me to beleive it was the decision of the entire group (including #1). I wanted to come down for graduation to pay my respects after I'd dropped out, and they sent me coordinated, simultaneous emails saying, "You're a reminder of failure and nobody wants you here." That may be the biggest reason it took me more than 2 years to get my life on track. I think I crawled into a bottle that afternoon in Kalamazoo. #2- (Name Redacted) "Does not understand disloyalty. Once fought a man twice his size -- and won -- because he said something rude to a friend of ours on a street in Ann Arbor. He thought a girl I dated for 3 months almost 2 years ago had a thing for him and came to me with shame and apologies when he briefly considered trying something. Considers me his lifeline."I still live with #2, and if I ever get married, he will likely live above my garage and pay me rent for his entire life. Once, I was cash-strapped and had some emergencies to take care of. He heard about it, and when I woke up in the morning, there was $1K sitting in an envelope on the kitchen table. He spent the entire night making phone calls to put the cash together while he waited for a poker cashout to clear.#1- (Name Redacted) "Brother Bear. Will stand at my wedding."When #3 and #8 defriended me, #1 asked them what happened. They plead ignorance, and let everyone believe I had just disappeared for no reason. When #1 heard about the emails sent to me all those years ago over dinner on Friday night he blinked twice and said something like: "I never heard about that." He wrote them an email condeming their actions (forwarded to me by a random party not involved)-- still two of his best friends -- and said "There's a reason neither of you were my best man. I told you I didn't feel comfortable elevating one of you above the other, but that's only part of the truth. My best man was gone. You kicked my best man out of town and let him think I had a hand in it. I spoke to him for the first time in nearly 4 years, and he bore you no ill-will for your decisions. Can you say the same? His bad decisions were the result of youthful ignorance and immaturity, and yours were calculated and malicious. I bear enough shame for 3 of us, which is fortunate. You have none." I actually cried for the first time in more than 4 years when I read that. My judgment might not be perfect, but at least I got the top seeds right. Hey, it's been a weird week, guys, and I've always been an incredible faggot.

Does it make it easier that it's going to be $7 for a pack of cigs soon?
Keeping my job is worth ~7 bucks a day...barely.I need a more tangible reward. Like if the hot chick in the office said she would let me take her to poundtown after 30 smoke free days I think I would be more motivated.
Keeping my job is worth ~7 bucks a day...barely.I need a more tangible reward. Like if the hot chick in the office said she would let me take her to poundtown after 30 smoke free days I think I would be more motivated.
by hot chick, you mean ANY chick, right? I'm right there with ya friendo
Hey, it's been a weird week, guys, and I've always been an incredible faggot.
Either 3 and 8 are two of the biggest dicks I have ever heard of, or some where they felt like that was something you needed to hear. Either way it is a terrible way to treat a good friend. Their is more tact.I have done things similar to this over time, usually regarding family and/or significant others. True friends are ones that stick by your side when you are at your weakest, prop you up when you need, tell you the hard truth when you need it, and you can get in drunken fist fight with, then kiss and make up afterwords.Relationships of all types are give and take, they will never be equal, but over time their needs to be some leveling out. (Long time friend lost story to come in the near future, do not have time right now)
TSBW, are you sure you didn't ghost write the response for #1?
Actually, I am not totally certain. It is possible I blacked out or something and forwarded myself an email from two fake accounts or something. We were roomies Freshman year, and took a handful of PoliSci classes together, so our writing styles are very similar. He's a better writer than I am, so I have stolen a handful of his rhetorical devices.
Years ago, I made a list of the 15 most important people in my life, and I found it in a box a while back. I went to bed early last night, and when I woke up this morning, I made what I am pretty sure is the most depressing list I can possibly imagine. Most Important Friends and When They Gave Up on Me (Followed by a Brief Description of the Incident)There were 15 names on the list, and I judged three to be irrelevant for the purposes of this exercise (one was a girlfriend, one was "my parents" and one was "my brother"). Two items don't have a "When They Gave Up on Me" entry.
I don't think I could come up with 15 people who are "most important" to me. If you take out family, I know I couldn't come up with 15.
Either 3 and 8 are two of the biggest dicks I have ever heard of, or some where they felt like that was something you needed to hear. Either way it is a terrible way to treat a good friend. Their is more tact.
I think they are both actually really good people. They were just tired of me, didn't know how to handle the situation, and decided it would be easiest to wash their hands of me. My problem was their decision to HIDE their decision, but that's just weakness, maybe, or immaturity.
I don't think I could come up with 15 people who are "most important" to me. If you take out family, I know I couldn't come up with 15.
Oh, now I couldn't make a list of more than 3 non-family people. I was extraordinarily fortunate at university.
Do internet posting robots count?
Sadly, if I had to extend my list to 15, there are probably a handful of people here who have a bigger impact on my life than, you know, people I actually know. Seriously, I probably care more about the Shake/Speedz/Cindy/Ouch reaction to a joke I make here than I do about what my 15th-best friend thinks about me. That's not because Shake/Speedz/Cindy/Ouch are particularly special, but rather because I have no friends and live a pleasntly solitary existence.
I WAS LISTED FIRST!
Only because you are fucking here all the time.EDIT- Haha, that sentence can be read a few different ways. If we were in the same room, and I made that comment to you, you'd have to respond. "Au contraire. I almost NEVER get laid here; I always stay at the girl's place because: escaping is easy."EDIT2- I use the editing feature waaaaay too much. Yesterday I went into the Arrested Development thread and edited a post I'd made on September 11 2008 to correct a spelling error. (It was "their/they're" I believe).
ahhh, the classic tactical Bear's dilemma.
Peter: "I am well skilled in the arts of war and military tactics, sire"(Wang throws Peter out the window, murdering him.)
fed is quantitative easing, craziest day i've seen in my (sort of) short career.
Please to explain?
Please to explain?
Boom Boom Bernarke working his magic again right on options expiration week. Let the currency battles begin! Gold shooting thru the roof Mike must be having a field day
Please to explain?
you could look up quantitative easing online, but it might not make much sense so i'll try to explain in lay terms.essentially, the economy is still fucked and the fed currently has rates at 0% so they can't ease any further, but they are going to start buying treasuries (up to $300 billion) which will effectively lower rates. it's kind of like creating money out of thin air in order to hopefully make it easier for consumers and businesses to begin lending once again. japan did it in the 90s (because they had crippling deflation), bank of england started doing it a couple weeks ago. bernanke and co made it sound like they weren't gonna do it, and then they announced today that they are, so treasuries (what i trade) gapped straight the fuck up in a move more violent than anything i'd ever seen. and shit was just gapping around for like an hour. total insanity.