I Called In Sick Today

I really should have paid attention in my grammar classes. I have poor grammar but now I have been cramming grammar down my throat this semester because everything I am doing in class consists of writing and obviously it needs to be as close to perfect because a. it's legal shit and b. who wants to hire someone who can't write for shit. Apostrophes are pissing me off these days.I hate St. Patrick's Day with a passion.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I'm incredibly passionate about that issue. I think there's some room for exploration and creativity when it comes to language, and I experiment all the time -- for example, with dashes, and the following not-exactly-appropriate use of the: full colon -- but I think there's significant value in understanding the contextual and syntactical (Next Account: Syntactical Bear) rules and usages of language. Communication is really all that matters, and when you start ignoring rules like BigD does, it only serves to obstruct, and as an obfuscationary distraction.BigD always argues that "You know what I'm saying, so why does it matter?" ************, because now I have to make sure I know what you're saying since it's not explicit, and that extra time -- those beats where I have to flick my eyes back and add a comma or respell a word in my head -- makes whatever you're trying to say less coherent, your message less immediate. He'd argue that I'm a "language snob," but that's not quite it; I'm a communication snob. I understand that some people can't spell, and that some people aren't going to have the passion for grammar and sentence construction that I do, and that's understandable. I'm a nerd, and a well-educated one at that. But when you start blatantly disregarding the common rules of communication -- or, in some cases, covering your ignorance by claiming you're just disregarding the rules -- you simply have less impact. I actually like BigD, but all of his lame justifications are moot when I stand up and shout: "YOUR ENTIRE ****ING PREMISE IS WRONG. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE SAYING."I might know what he's saying, but, then again, I might not. I'm filling in the blanks most of the time. I have a vocabulary rant, too, but I'll keep it short. I don't prefer big words to small ones, or complicated words to simple ones; I prefer the perfect word to the imperfect word. I had an English teacher in 6th grade who hammered this point home (I later got lucky with fantastic English teachers in 8th, 9th, and 10th grades). "Don't use the word nice. It's never the best word. Do you mean kind? Polite? Pleasant? Courteous? Agreeable? Because nice doesn't mean anything." 12+ years later, I still remember that, and have taken it to heart. There's always a best word, and I **** it up sometimes, but I am always looking for the word that best serves my purpose -- and that purpose varies wildly; sometimes the word should be be jarring (as a juxtaposition), and other times it's intentionally vague.
Man, my school sucked. This whole post serves only to embarrass me.
Oh yeah and now you really gotta try and bang that girl, Shake. I've been dominant lately. Want me to drive down to Virginia, help get her on the late-ferry to boink-town? Wang
Yeah, this is exactly what Sal needs... beautiful, articulate Wang moving in on his territory.
I don't prefer big words to small ones, or complicated words to simple ones; I prefer the perfect word to the imperfect word. There's always a best word, and I **** it up sometimes, but I am always looking for the word that best serves my purpose -- and that purpose varies wildly; sometimes the word should be be jarring (as a juxtaposition), and other times it's intentionally vague.
Oh man, do I ever agree with this.I mean, I concur.No no, wait...we are of one mind on this subject.Hmm, I'm never going to be able to say anything ever again now. Time to go two steps back.
I prefer the perfect word to the imperfect word.
THIS
Oh yeah and now you really gotta try and bang that girl, Shake. I've been dominant lately. Want me to drive down to Virginia, help get her on the late-ferry to boink-town? Wang
I agree with everything you said re: language, especially the word choice thing, so there's no need to quote that. however, I don't think I'll need your dominance just yet. I'm working magic via facebook. we'll see what transpires (<--- word choice).
Man, my school sucked. This whole post serves only to embarrass me.Yeah, this is exactly what Sal needs... beautiful, articulate Wang moving in on his territory.
My 6th grade English teacher, Mr. Hartline, in Michigan was weird and good. He would make us take recess so he could smoke cigarettes in the bathroom, but he also drilled us on stuff like this, and made me take the analogy portion of the SAT verbal for my final exam. He didn't curve it for me. He would set up competitions between me and this quiet girl named Mel, and basically tell everybody our scores on every test we took to motivate us. It worked for both of us. We hated each other with a passion until the last day of class when she signed my yearbook: "My name is Melanie. Don't call me Mel. I had fun this year. (signed) MEL"After 6th grade, I moved to Overland Park, KS, and the school districts there are... just amazing. I don't remember a thing about English in 7th grade -- not my teacher, not anything -- but in 8th grade I had Ms. Underwood, and she helped me with writing more than anybody before or since. She noticed a lot of holes very early, took a serious interest in fixing them. She made a her professor friend at KU grade and comment on all of my papers. It sucked looking down at "C-, needs work" the first time, but it was good for me. For some reason, her interest in me was personal, and it made an incredible difference. In 9th grade, I had this horrible bitch named Mrs. Klein who absolutely hated me, but her vocabulary-training ideas were great. She made us focus on prefixes and suffixes. Each week, the list would have a new common suffix/prefix/root, so if we learned the root, we learned all those words, AND how to learn OTHER words. I hated that cunt, but still appreciate the service she provided me.By 10th grade I was back to Michigan, and Mrs. Bernstein basically helped me put it all together, and professionalize my approach a little. She trimmed the fat, and streamlined my approach, and also taught us a ton of grammar stuff that I might have otherwise missed.So, yeah, I was incredibly lucky.If I went to Virginia to go to Vagina town, I would be KingWingMan, acting as the foil and not the epee. My dominance can be expressed without boinking.
2006. 45K Miles. CERTIFIED. They had the same thing you got, but AWD for 17K, I just did not like the body style or the black leather interior, plus I wanted 4 LOW to go camping.Exterior• Black Roof Side Rails• Onyx Grey Front/Rear Bumpers• Onyx Grey Body-Side Cladding• Onyx Grey Wheel Lip Molding• Chrome 4-Bar Design Grille• Fog Lamps• Black Folding Pwr Mirrors W/Puddle Lamps• Privacy Glass-Inc: Rear Door/Rear Quarter/Liftgate Glass• Speed-Sensitive Intermittent Front Wipers• Intermittent Rear Wiper/Washer• One-Piece Liftgate W/Pop-Up Flip Glass• Black Door Handles Interior• 5-Passenger Seating• 60/40 Split-Folding 2nd Row Seat W/Backrest Recline• Mid Series Floor Console W/Floor Shift Handle• Color Keyed Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel• Tilt Steering Column• 2-Line Message Center-Inc: Outside Temp & Compass• Tire Pressure Monitoring System• Pwr Door Locks W/Cargo Area Lock/Unlock Button• Speed Control• Remote Keyless Entry-Inc: 2 Key Fobs, 2-Stage Unlocking, Autolock• Securilock/Immobilizer Anti-Theft System• Air Conditioning• Am/Fm 80-Watt Stereo W/Cd/Mp3• Illuminated Glove Box• Manual Day/Night Rearview Mirror• Overhead Storage Console• Color Keyed Cloth Sunvisors W/Illuminated Visor Vanity Mirrors• (2) Front/Rear Pwr Points• (3) Grab Handles• (4) Color Keyed Coat Hooks• Center Dome Lamp W/1st & 2nd Row Map Lights• Illuminated Entry• (4) Load Floor Tie-Down Hooks• Cargo Management System Safety• Front Passenger Sensing System• Beltminder Feature• Latch System On Rear Outboard Seat Locations• Adaptive Energy-Absorbing Steering ColumnMechanical• 3.55 Axle Ratio• Advancetrac W/Roll Stability Control• 130 Amp Alternator• 72 Amp Maintenance-Free Battery W/Battery Saver Feature• Class Ii Trailer Towing Hitch• 4-Wheel Independent Suspension• Pwr Rack & Pinion Steering• Pwr 4-Wheel Disc Brakes• 4-Wheel Anti-Lock BrakesValue Added Options• Stability Control• Xlt• Air Conditioning• Rear Air• Power Steering• Power Windows• Power Door Locks• Tilt Wheel• Cruise Control• Am/Fm Stereo• Mp3 (single Cd)• Dual Front Air Bags• Front Side Air Bags• Abs (4-Wheel)• Third Seat• Roof Rack• Privacy Glass• Towing Pkg• Alloy Wheels• Parking Sensors• Power Seat
Oh, no running boards then? Guess its ok.looks pretty good to me, we actually got ours in vallejo because the deals up north were better.
Oh man, do I ever agree with this.I mean, I concur.No no, wait...we are of one mind on this subject.Hmm, I'm never going to be able to say anything ever again now. Time to go two steps back.THIS
THISb606d74984.jpgUnfortunately it's illegible, but the bottom says "ALSO FYI: FACEBOOK IS GAY, SHAKE"
you need new pants.
These jeans are probably 6 years old. The left knee is totally ripped out, the bottoms are shredded, and I think I have like 3 belt-loops left. They are at least a full size too big, if not two, but I paid like 80 bucks for them and promised myself I'd get full value.
These jeans are probably 6 years old. The left knee is totally ripped out, the bottoms are shredded, and I think I have like 3 belt-loops left. They are at least a full size too big, if not two, but I paid like 80 bucks for them and promised myself I'd get full value.
you have. levi's are 30 bucks. fatty.edit: I don't know why I put the fatty in there. it doesn't fit at all. the joke was supposed to be that your jeans are too big for you, not the other way around. fatty doesn't make any sense. I'm so ashamed.
you have. levi's are 30 bucks. fatty.edit: I don't know why I put the fatty in there. it doesn't fit at all. the joke was supposed to be that your jeans are too big for you, not the other way around. fatty doesn't make any sense. I'm so ashamed.
No. Until these motherfuckers disintegrate, I'm wearing them with my 12 dollar Miguel Cabrera Tigers t-shirt and off-brand, long-sleeved white undershirt at least once a week. Fatty.EDIT- Serious problem, though, nobody makes 32-34 (or, gasp, 31-34) sized pants for public consumption in my city.
It would seem you've used the imperfect word. TBear is steaming up uncontrollably as we speak1.1 I did it too!
1 I did it too!
Oh noes!I'm not entirely sure why I got told to fuck off, but I'm ok with that.
No. Until these motherfuckers disintegrate, I'm wearing them with my 12 dollar Miguel Cabrera Tigers t-shirt and off-brand, long-sleeved white undershirt at least once a week. Fatty.EDIT- Serious problem, though, nobody makes 32-34 (or, gasp, 31-34) sized pants for public consumption in my city.
I admire your dedication to being cheap and weird.why doesn't anybody make inseams in odd sizes? my ideal size is usually a 31/31, but I always have to buy a 32/30 and homey it out a little or 32/32's and use a belt and walk on an inch of leg all the time. fags.
My 6th grade English teacher, Mr. Hartline, in Michigan was weird and good. He would make us take recess so he could smoke cigarettes in the bathroom, but he also drilled us on stuff like this, and made me take the analogy portion of the SAT verbal for my final exam. He didn't curve it for me. He would set up competitions between me and this quiet girl named Mel, and basically tell everybody our scores on every test we took to motivate us. It worked for both of us. We hated each other with a passion until the last day of class when she signed my yearbook: "My name is Melanie. Don't call me Mel. I had fun this year. (signed) MEL"After 6th grade, I moved to Overland Park, KS, and the school districts there are... just amazing. I don't remember a thing about English in 7th grade -- not my teacher, not anything -- but in 8th grade I had Ms. Underwood, and she helped me with writing more than anybody before or since. She noticed a lot of holes very early, took a serious interest in fixing them. She made a her professor friend at KU grade and comment on all of my papers. It sucked looking down at "C-, needs work" the first time, but it was good for me. For some reason, her interest in me was personal, and it made an incredible difference. In 9th grade, I had this horrible bitch named Mrs. Klein who absolutely hated me, but her vocabulary-training ideas were great. She made us focus on prefixes and suffixes. Each week, the list would have a new common suffix/prefix/root, so if we learned the root, we learned all those words, AND how to learn OTHER words. I hated that cunt, but still appreciate the service she provided me.By 10th grade I was back to Michigan, and Mrs. Bernstein basically helped me put it all together, and professionalize my approach a little. She trimmed the fat, and streamlined my approach, and also taught us a ton of grammar stuff that I might have otherwise missed.So, yeah, I was incredibly lucky.If I went to Virginia to go to Vagina town, I would be KingWingMan, acting as the foil and not the epee. My dominance can be expressed without boinking.
My 9th grade teacher, Mr. Kimble, was the only English teacher I had that was decent.... and his focus was almost solely on vocabulary. I still remember most of my daily word lists.My 10th-12th grade English teachers could be chosen by us... and I obviously chose the easy, hot blonde 23 year old and not the crazy 50 year old unitarian hippy (that married her cacti in a school assembly, complete with wedding cake). That was the wrong decision, as by her claim, she was Emily Dickinson reincarnated and wanted to dig up David Thoreau's body and screw it. (I'm only joking about ****ing Thoreau's corpse) After I went to Iowa State, I was cursing myself for not dealing with crazy hippy. She really knew her stuff.
nobody makes 32-34 (or, gasp, 31-34)
my ideal size is usually a 31/31, but I always have to buy a 32/30 and homey it out a little or 32/32's and use a belt and walk on an inch of leg all the time. fags.
Are you guys in ****ing junior high?

one of my favorite things to do (re: grammar) is to respond to the question of "where are you/is he/she at?" reply"I'M AT THE PLACE WHERE WE DON'T END SENTENCES IN PREPOSITIONS, JESUS."kills every time.

I really should have paid attention in my grammar classes. I have poor grammar but now I have been cramming grammar down my throat this semester because everything I am doing in class consists of writing and obviously it needs to be as close to perfect because a. it's legal shit and b. who wants to hire someone who can't write for shit. Apostrophes are pissing me off these days.I hate St. Patrick's Day with a passion.
Good job on the 'Patrick's'.
Oh, no running boards then? Guess its ok.looks pretty good to me, we actually got ours in vallejo because the deals up north were better.
That is one of two or three things I would have liked, but was not worth passing on the deal. We got it in Napa, which is about 30 -45 minutes from Vallejo.

I just got a great letter from a tenant today.The first page is a detailed history of the financial issues going on in the United States. He compares this to the Great Depression and he discusses in vague detail what he does and how he may be getting either a pay cut or a severance package. Would you like to inform us of how large the pay cut will be. Big difference between 5% and 40%. Yet he offers no hard numbers. Then he discusses the banks and how 401(k)'s are going under and again vaguely mentions how his is in decline.Then after that he says that he would like a reduction in rent or he will be forced to move out. Then he goes into vague detail about what his expenses are each month. The list is...$715/ monthly rentCost of Apartment Utilities ( he offers no number and he makes utilities plural as if he pays more than one. He doesn't. We pay for water, gas heat, and trash removal, he pays electricity. Cable is not a utility.)Cost of Health Insurance (how much? Do you pay it all? Does your company pay any part of it? My wife actually gets money back from her company because we don't spend the allotted amount she receives.)Cost of Car Insurance (Yes, MI has hefty insurance costs but I see what you drive and with full coverage, come on.)Cost of Work Travel (you work 4 miles away and gas today on the corner for me was $1.79. I work 22 miles and I can still pay my mortgage and looking at your rental app, you make way more than I do)Cost of clothing to maintain my employment (Really? You come in here all the time to ask questions, complain about a light out, I see how you dress. Sir, you haven't purchased a new item of clothing since 1999. You don't wear a suit, you wear an old pair of corduroys and $14 button down shirt that has been washed 1000 times.)Cost of purchasing food (well ya gotta eat I guess, no argument there)Then he begs for a reduction in rent. He wants to reduce his rent to $500. He pays $715. He wants a 30% decrease in rent. That is some balls right there. The apartment that he lives in now is now being rented out to new tenants for $670.He says he will go back to his current rent when the US is no longer in a recession.If I was left to make the decision I say no without blinking an eye. The only amount I would agree to is $670. 30% is ridiculous and stupid for us. He has a lower floor 1 bedroom, which is hard to come by, and he is in the best building that everyone wants to live in. I can keep him here for $500 or let him leave and bring someone in there in less than a month at $670.My co-worker says I am being insensitive to his issues. Pfft, whatever. She says he is begging, I see it more like giving us an ultimatum. He clearly states in paragraph two that if we don't help him in this terrible financial disaster that he will be forced to move. That is, do this or I will leave. Well then see ya. Don't forget your lease ends 5/30 so you have to hold out to then or pay us rent up to that date on your way out.I don't like ultimatum's from the tenants. You want to ask if we don't raise your rent one year and you ask, then fine, but if you come here giving me some idle threat of leaving over $20, see ya. Add on the fact that if my boss is crazy enough to allow this, this guy breathes a word of this to one other tenant and all hell breaks loose. It's just not worth it.EDIT: HAHAHA UPS just dropped off a Kitchen Aid Mixer for this guy. What are those? Mine was $399.

Group ID #137346pw = asscancerWhat's the money? $5? $10?
haha, let me know when/where we're doing this.
How can you hate a holiday that revolves around drinking and partying? The only better holiday is Halloween where you can do that in disguise.kudos to the other good ketchup.
I admire your dedication to being cheap and weird.why doesn't anybody make inseams in odd sizes? my ideal size is usually a 31/31, but I always have to buy a 32/30 and homey it out a little or 32/32's and use a belt and walk on an inch of leg all the time. fags.