I Called In Sick Today

In the dining hall here they often have a cook making a certain dish to order while you wait. You can watch them preparing it because they cook it in the dining hall on induction cookers, not in the kitchen.Just now I decided to try the dish they display cook was making, 'Rigatoni with spinach'. It was actually fusilli not rigatoni, but I decided not to hold this against them. It was all going well as he gently wilted the spinach in the pan... then suddenly he dumped in a heaped tablespoon of fresh minced garlic. It hardly got any chance to sauté before he mixed in the pasta and served it to me. I have never had a more garlicky dish in my life. My palette is shot to pieces and I will probably be breathing garlic for a week.
I think you may enjoy complaining about things even more than I do.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I think you may enjoy complaining about things even more than I do.
You guys love to imply that I complain excessively, but I'm not complaining about anything you wouldn't. Nobody likes a mouthful of raw garlic. It makes me feel better about things if people back me up, that's just rational human nature.
You guys love to imply that I complain excessively, but I'm not complaining about anything you wouldn't. Nobody likes a mouthful of raw garlic. It makes me feel better about things if people back me up, that's just rational human nature.
I support you my little British tart.You're no Piddle Steve
Wait so has anyone tried that $20 trick when checking into a Vegas hotel? We have 6 guys getting 2 rooms, I'm gonna suggest we try it.
Inflation6 guys, try a $50 you cheap twat. And only walk two over to the check in if you can. No need to bring the presumably drunk sausage fest to the overwhelmed check in gal
attention strat: kindly train your canadian brethren better.me: i'd like a quarter pounder w/ cheese combo, no pickles, with cokeMcDick's drivethrough retard of the day: you would like what?me: i'd like a quarter pounder w/ cheese combo, no pickles, with cokerotd: you want a quarter pounder, yes? what size?me: i'd like a quarter pounder w/ cheese combo, no pickles, with cokerotd: that's a quarter pounder w/ cheese, no pickles, no onion?me: what? no. i'd like a quarter pounder w/ cheese combo, no pickles, with cokerotd: ok, quarter pounder, extra onionme: NO. i'd like a quarter pounder w/ cheese combo, no pickles, with cokerotd: OH! ok, quarter pounder, normal, with no pickles. what size?me: normal size?rotd: ok, you want fries?me: yesrotd: coke to drink?me: surprisingly (nods to mexico)rotd: what?me: nothingrotd: no drink?me: COKE. REGULAR SIZErotd: ok , that will be $6.81 please drive to the second window(what is up with this 2 window system that everyone installed but no one uses anymore. it's dumb)get to the windowMcDick's retard assistant of the day: ok, that's a quarter pounder combo, with no pickles, with regular extra onions, and a cokeme: noraotd: haha, i was just kidding. no pickles, normal onions. $6.81 please.me hands $10, looking annoyedraotd looks at till, counts out change, hands me food and $6.81 change: Have a nice day!me: tires spinning as i peel out of the parking lot before brain eating disease infect me.EDIT: Just ate burger, despite the fact that it had only ONIONS AND KETCHUP ON IT. jesus christ.
Cool story.
Cool guy? What, are you in 8th grade?
Community college.

Hey Strat,I'm attempting to setup some sort of FTP with my poker coach to transfer him vids of my sessions, if you could help me I'd really appreciate it. Hit me up on aim "Napa Don Poker" if you have the time, some time.

Hey Strat,I'm attempting to setup some sort of FTP with my poker coach to transfer him vids of my sessions, if you could help me I'd really appreciate it. Hit me up on aim "Napa Don Poker" if you have the time, some time.
I have never used FTP. I use SSH and very rarely HTTP. you could always make a megaupload account or something, or maybe youtube?all the best,

Once on a trip to ONT from VGT I hit IMC on a VFR plan, the ADF needle was going crazy due to lightening but my VOR signal was strong. EGT and CHT readings was worrisome but not too high. IMC cleared within twenty, monitored ATIS, broadcasted CTAF, reviewed WX ASOS, tuned to VORTAC, and nailed the PAPI a few minutes later

Once on a trip to ONT from VGT I hit IMC on a VFR plan, the ADF needle was going crazy due to lightening but my VOR signal was strong. EGT and CHT readings was worrisome but not too high. IMC cleared within twenty, monitored ATIS, broadcasted CTAF, reviewed WX ASOS, tuned to VORTAC, and nailed the PAPI a few minutes later
ORLY?
I think it was highly underrated by critics. A lot of them dismissed it as a light filler between movies, but I think it stands up with their best work. It's exactly what a comedy should be.
Whoa whoa whoa... hold it there Candypants. It was good, but it's not in their top 5.
attention strat: kindly train your canadian brethren better.me: i'd like a quarter pounder w/ cheese combo, no pickles, with cokeMcDick's drivethrough retard of the day: you would like what?me: i'd like a quarter pounder w/ cheese combo, no pickles, with cokerotd: you want a quarter pounder, yes? what size?me: i'd like a quarter pounder w/ cheese combo, no pickles, with cokerotd: that's a quarter pounder w/ cheese, no pickles, no onion?me: what? no. i'd like a quarter pounder w/ cheese combo, no pickles, with cokerotd: ok, quarter pounder, extra onionme: NO. i'd like a quarter pounder w/ cheese combo, no pickles, with cokerotd: OH! ok, quarter pounder, normal, with no pickles. what size?me: normal size?rotd: ok, you want fries?me: yesrotd: coke to drink?me: surprisingly (nods to mexico)rotd: what?me: nothingrotd: no drink?me: COKE. REGULAR SIZErotd: ok , that will be $6.81 please drive to the second window(what is up with this 2 window system that everyone installed but no one uses anymore. it's dumb)get to the windowMcDick's retard assistant of the day: ok, that's a quarter pounder combo, with no pickles, with regular extra onions, and a cokeme: noraotd: haha, i was just kidding. no pickles, normal onions. $6.81 please.me hands $10, looking annoyedraotd looks at till, counts out change, hands me food and $6.81 change: Have a nice day!me: tires spinning as i peel out of the parking lot before brain eating disease infect me.EDIT: Just ate burger, despite the fact that it had only ONIONS AND KETCHUP ON IT. jesus christ.
So they only 'forgot' the mustard? At McD's they only put on 5 small dots of mustard and it's below the ketchup, so it might have been there.
stop complaining about people not backing you up.
OMG LOL
So they only 'forgot' the mustard? At McD's they only put on 5 small dots of mustard and it's below the ketchup, so it might have been there.
You sure there is nothing else on a quarter pounder with cheese? I don't know my McD's but I thought something else might usually come on the quarter pounder WITH CHEESE...
Ok now I get the joke. I'm going to assume that speedz is just waiting for me to forget about the whole thing so that he won't have to sacrifice any of his Jew gold. Well, remember one thing Speedzy - ELEPHANTS NEVER FORGET.
I shit you not, in my room there is a bag of cat hair, an eye, and 10 claws. At some point my masterpiece will be finished...and it might be so great that I'll refuse to give you anything but a picture of it.
Just now I decided to try the dish they display cook was making, 'Rigatoni with spinach'. It was actually fusilli not rigatoni, but I decided not to hold this against them. It was all going well as he gently wilted the spinach in the pan... then suddenly he dumped in a heaped tablespoon of fresh minced garlic. It hardly got any chance to sauté before he mixed in the pasta and served it to me. I have never had a more garlicky dish in my life. My palette is shot to pieces and I will probably be breathing garlic for a week.
Gross. Did I ever tell you guys about the time my roommates girlfriend was in town and made her "famous" garlic mashed potatos? She chopped a TON of garlic and threw it in the potatos totally raw. I almost threw up while I was trying to choke it down.
Gross. Did I ever tell you guys about the time my roommates girlfriend was in town and made her "famous" garlic mashed potatos? She chopped a TON of garlic and threw it in the potatos totally raw. I almost threw up while I was trying to choke it down.
That sounds awful. I got some instant "garlic mashed potatoes" from Target a while back because I didn't have the time and equipment to make the real thing. I couldn't taste anything in the meal except burnt garlic. No idea who approved that product, it was so foul.
http://www.themilliondollararm.com/blog/I love everything about this story and the above blog. Basically, in India they had a competition to find the two best arms around, and part of the prize was a trip to the US to work out with a pitching coach (they had never seen a baseball) and try out for pro teams. They were picked up by the Pirates. The story, which may have been a replay, was on ESPN today.The blog is a beautiful mix of hilariously broken English and thinly disguised product placement. They really do seem like nice guys, so I'm unfortunately laughing more with them than at them.
The blog is a beautiful mix of hilariously broken English and thinly disguised product placement. They really do seem like nice guys, so I'm unfortunately laughing more with them than at them.
Ha, that Engrish is adorable. God, I am so out of it today. I left for my class a full 30 minutes too early.
What's this movie everyone's talking about? AlsoPEDRO.jpg
llllllllhlaha, omg, zooot, wohooo
Wait so has anyone tried that $20 trick when checking into a Vegas hotel? We have 6 guys getting 2 rooms, I'm gonna suggest we try it.
I'm interested to see how this works out, a dollar always disapears.
At the very least we have a sponsor for the sick thread now...Just like in trailer parks all around Virginia, sal is the "quicker picker upper"saltowels.jpg
haha, nice laugh this morning, genius. Oh and my step daughter says to shave the stache but then againshe hasn't seen the bounty ad yet. Did I mention she's moving in while finishing school? Deb is not a happycamper so if you're interested in a moody, slightly heavy, 25 year old college student let me know. We're not getting any bids on craigslist.
Whoa whoa whoa... hold it there Candypants. It was good, but it's not in their top 5.
Shut your mouth.
You sure there is nothing else on a quarter pounder with cheese? I don't know my McD's but I thought something else might usually come on the quarter pounder WITH CHEESE...
Never order anything other than a number at McDonalds if you don't want to wait forever and get it right. Keep it simple stupid.
That sounds awful. I got some instant "garlic mashed potatoes" from Target a while back because I didn't have the time and equipment to make the real thing. I couldn't taste anything in the meal except burnt garlic. No idea who approved that product, it was so foul.
Yuch, sympathy on the garlic.