I Called In Sick Today

IMO...probably the most real-life applicable even if you become an accountant. Or maybe I just automatically chose the lowest level courses.
Yeah, I don't really want to do anything with finance when I graduate. Just sounded cool 2 years ago and now I'm 2 classes from a degree so...
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Fin 330. Financial Markets and Institutions. (3-0) Cr. 3. F.S. Prereq: 301. Introduction to the structure and operations of the United States financial system and its markets and institutions. Emphasis on developing and integrated understanding of markets and financial service providers including global linkages.Fin 424. Financial Futures and Options. (3-0) Cr. 3. Prereq: 320 and Stat 326. Advanced study of the pricing and use of derivative market instruments, current topics and issues. Nonmajor graduate credit.
I'd pick these two, provided 424 uses the book by Hull (I think is what mk said?)
From keeping up with their little world, I got a heavy load.<3 CCR
You're kidding me? If I didn't think it would creep you out, I'd almost say something mushy and girlie here followed by a high pitched squeal.But seriously, I had no idea. I thought I was all alone in that. I love them so much. You moved to the right part of the world if you're a CCR fan, or did that come about after moving here?
IQ tests are a huge scam, imo.
I know a lot of Mensa members that would gladly kick you in the nuts for saying this.I agree with you though.
He certainly killed his W/S/S when he dropped out of med school to open an outdoor wilderness store.
Yeah but remember that time he colluded with Mrs. Huxtable and the whole family to trick Dr. Huxtable when he was going propose to Sondra? That made his personality shoot way up. Pretty sure Theo even gave him a high five that episode.

Looks - 90 - 30% - 27Intelligence - 88 - 10% - 8.8Wealth/Success/Status - 20 - 10% - 2Personality - 70 - 50% - 35Total - 72.8I used the CindyLou percentages. I had to lower my personality, because I'm such a blowhard and dripping with negativity. My W/S/S is in the gutter due to my debt and lack of income, though I have potential now that I'm doing well in my advertising school. Oh, and I'm fucking gorgeous.

anybody else enjoying imaging what the Iowa State Test of Skills entails? - how to apply sunscreen to your forearms- recognizing tractor envy and how to combat it- cow species identification- hey what's that thing 500 miles away over there? oh, the horizon
And yet, even with the "oh, the horizon" included in the question, over 84% of Iowans manage to get that one wrong.
You BASTARDS!
ITS USED ALL OVER THE UNITED STATES IDIOT!?!?111!?1/
I knew the national headquarters for the tests were in Iowa, but just recently I found out that it's just like the Powerball (also based in Iowa). Every state renames the test after their state, so NO ONE KNOWS THAT IT'S FROM IOWA! But it is, dammit.
I know a lot of Mensa members that would gladly kick you in the nuts for saying this.I agree with you though.
I've never taken an IQ test, but I have it on good authority that one can practice with various IQ tests and gradually increase the score. sorry, the test just doesn't deserve the weight we give it.
And yet, even with the "oh, the horizon" included in the question, over 84% of Iowans manage to get that one wrong.
#24- Hey what's that over 500 miles away? Oh, the horizon!a) The nearest metropolitan areab) Your hopes and dreamsc) The Horizond) The beginning of an overwrought extended metaphor e) both B and C
I knew the national headquarters for the tests were in Iowa, but just recently I found out that it's just like the Powerball (also based in Iowa). Every state renames the test after their state, so NO ONE KNOWS THAT IT'S FROM IOWA! But it is, dammit.
I took the Iowa Basics when I was a kid. I messed up my Scantron in 4th grade (left one blank, moved them all down one), so I scored in like the 18th percentile
I actually think that you're right about the intelligence thing if we're talking about the general public (let's say North America to simplify it a bit). Hell, I'm sure every single one of us is at the very least above 85...probably above 90.
Well, intelligence doesn't work on a linear scale, so comparing someone against "the general public" isn't a great test.
IQ tests are a huge scam, imo.
My ridiculously high score begs to differ.
pretty sure chrinestone and mk both graduated with engineering-related degrees and went on to get MBAs. kill the gmat imo.
I thought MK was making fun of the MBA with his earlier post. ::reducingintelligencenumberatendofthispost::
Never went, but MK or Chrinestone can chime in whether it was the right decision.
I'm not the one to ask on this because my work paid for all my tuition, and they were only going to pay for engineering studies or the MBA. I got a 680 on the GMAT with limited study (my semi-brag seeing how everyone else is doing it) and got into school no problem.Looks - 60 - 20% - 12Intelligence - 92 - 25% - 23Wealth/Success/Status - 75 - 20% - 15Personality - 84 - 35% - 29.4Total - 79.4Am I ranking percentages based on what I would want in...me? In a woman? In another man?
Looks - 60 - 20% - 12Intelligence - 92 - 25% - 23Wealth/Success/Status - 75 - 20% - 15Personality - 84 - 35% - 29.4Likelihood of complete ss gift pic posting - 12 - 0% - 0Total - 79.4Am I ranking percentages based on what I would want in...me? In a woman? In another man?
luckily that last one didn't count for anything, so i didn't have to do any math.

All I know about these ratings is I'M A 9.5 ON HOTORNOT.COM BITCHESAs for... Intelligence, I have a job so whateverWealth/status or whatever...I have a job? My parents have a little money I dunno.Personality...I like to party

All I know about these ratings is I'M A 9.5 ON HOTORNOT.COM BITCHESAs for... Intelligence, I have a job so whateverWealth/status or whatever...I have a job? My parents have a little money I dunno.Personality...I like to party
dawson likes to party all the time, party of the time, party all the tiiiiiiiiiime
Looks - 90 - 30% - 27Intelligence - 88 - 10% - 8.8Wealth/Success/Status - 20 - 10% - 2Personality - 70 - 50% - 35Total - 72.8I used the CindyLou percentages. I had to lower my personality, because I'm such a blowhard and dripping with negativity. My W/S/S is in the gutter due to my debt and lack of income, though I have potential now that I'm doing well in my advertising school. Oh, and I'm fucking gorgeous.
Oh crap. Is debt a negative? My WSS number needs to be adjusted to like -460,000. That might lower my score.
Dawson LearyLooks - 100 - 25% - 25Intelligence - 100 - 25% - 25Wealth/Success/Status - 100 - 25% - 25Personality - 100 - 25% - 25100
You know, I give the impression that Ashley is a retarded, blond-haired, dancing ditz, but she is, in all likelihood, the most intelligent woman I have ever dated. It's probably a 3-horse race, but I bet she'd win by at least a half-length. She has a Biopsych degree from the University of Michigan. It's very likely that she's more intelligent than I am. She's insane and outrageous, and obviously has some problems synthesizing various human stimuli and coming to a rational conclusion with respect to the optimal course of action, but that absolutely does not change the fact that her IQ is probably somewhere between 135 and 150. I don't recall her exact score, but she was in the 99th %ile on both the SAT and the ACT. So let's summarize:1) Pretty (~85/100)2) Smart (90/100)3) Successful, accomplished, and financially well-to-do (80/100)4) Has performed on the stage and TV (75/100)How does all that sum to: Wants Derek? Shouldn't there be a matching of a person's skills/general desirability and a prospective mate's skills/general desirability? I am:1) At best, not ugly (60/100)2) Smart (90/100)3) Unsuccessful, unaccomplished, reasonably poor, and a definite failure (35/100)4) N/A (5/100) I would weight the importance of these categories something like (1) 40% (2) 10% (3) 25% (4) 5% The additional 20% should probably be attributed to some kind of general, catch-all category like "Personality." As much as she annoys me, she's a fun girl with a reasonable sense of humor and a solid social skills. Put her and I in a room with the right people, and I think I'd have an edge, but among the general populace, she'd probably beat me handily. I'm some combination of silly, sour, and cynical, which probably doesn't play all that well. Even if we call this a draw and throw it out, we get the following Desirability Index:Her: 85(.40) + 90(.1) + 80(.25) + 75(.05) = 66.75/.8 = 83.5Me: 60(.40) + 90(.10) + 35(.25) + 5(.05) = 42/.8 = 52.5This is a huge HUGE gap. By my simple math, she's 60% more desirable than I am, in general. You can attribute taste to make up some of that gap -- perhaps she weights personality slightly more than most, or finds my "unique" appearance particularly pleasing -- but that could bump me up, what, maybe 20 basis points? Even so, I'm 10 points behind. What closes that gap, then? My guess: her incredibly low self-esteem. Instead of seeing herself as an 82.5 and me as a 52.5, she sees me as a 70 and herself as a 65, likely because:1) Initially rejected her advances time and time again2) Broke up with her and basically gave her the Michael Corleone speech. "Ashley, you're nothing to me now. You're not a girlfriend, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at the tailgates, I don't want you near my house. When you see our friends, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand."3) Her daddy didn't love her. I am sure this interests me more than anyone else, but the dynamics of human relationships are fascinating to me.EDIT- I decided I'm going to develop a 5-tool desirability schedule more thoroughly, so if anybody has some modification suggestions, please, I'm all ears. I'm leaning towards: "looks, personality, wealth/success, intelligence, OTHER/INTANGIBLE," but I am not married to that. I am not sure what the weights are going to be just yet, but, again, suggestions are welcome. Let's get this done, guys. Ladies (Renee? Nikki? Cindy? Zimmer?), you could probably help. There might even have to be different weights for each sex. For example, women care (in general) much more about status/wealth than men do, and men probably care more about the raw looks component. I have to go to class soon, but I might even end up making a new thread about this later.
Dammit.

just took a terrible poo. gotta say, the superior-shaped waterdynamic mini-logs that won't flush within 3 tries are real annoying. I used a few sheets of toilet paper as fishing line and positioned it in the sweet spot for the final slam-dunk. cheap toilets are irritating.

Looks - 75 - 30% - 22.5Intelligence - 88 - 10% - 8.8Wealth/Success/Status - 40 - 10% - 4Personality - 70 - 50% - 35. I had to lower my personality, because I'm such a blowhard and dripping with negativity. My W/S/S is in the gutter due to my debt and lack of income, though I have potential now that I'm doing well in my advertising school. Oh, and I'm fucking gorgeous.Total - 76.3I also used the CindyLou percentages, because I quoted loogies, and realised that I have very similar thoughts about myself, but I think less of my looks but I think I'm higher on WSS because the only debt I have is student stuff, which in Australia works a bit different, so I'll never actually notice it. So I don't have real debt, I just also don't have much money. But I don't go hungry and I have a roof over my head all year, not all of us can say that right?I'm actually think more highly of myself than I realise.