I Called In Sick Today

I am actually doing work today. It sucks.
Good Gawd man..... you have my sympathy.It's 77 degrees here, rode my motorcycle, went to the camper, sitting on me arse now... not working again until Tuesday.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Had my first interview with the recruiter lady today. Started off not too good, but once we got talking a bit she seemed to take a liking to me. The job isn't quite what I thought it was going to be though. I've never done anything sales-related in my life, and I really don't like pushing stuff on people and I'm an awful liar and bullshitter. So the job is basically just making sure the "team" meets each months goals, and if they don't get their, I'm mostly responsible for it. I don't know what banking goals are, but she mentioned stuff like opening new accounts, pushing debit cards on people, and some loan stuff. I'd be team leader and be responsible for getting on people that aren't meeting goals, but always staying positive. She repeated several times it would be bad to friends with the people, but I have to be a dick and be positive at the same time. Apparently Sovereign is undergoing major changes repeatedly, and the goals and requirements never stay the same anymore. I don't know for sure if I have an interview with the branch manager, but I'm pretty sure I will at least get that far. I also think I could come up with enough good stuff to get me pretty close to the job. But I don't know if I could keep up with the pace of it all, and not only be learning a completely new field, but also bring in and be responsible for lots of money. Could I do a decent job in sales? I think so. And certain aspects of the job do appeal to me quite a bit, because I do like leading people and being in control and not having to worry too much about being friendly.I got lots to think about, but I'll have to see if any of it matters at all by next week.

Had my first interview with the recruiter lady today. Started off not too good, but once we got talking a bit she seemed to take a liking to me. The job isn't quite what I thought it was going to be though. I've never done anything sales-related in my life, and I really don't like pushing stuff on people and I'm an awful liar and bullshitter. So the job is basically just making sure the "team" meets each months goals, and if they don't get their, I'm mostly responsible for it. I don't know what banking goals are, but she mentioned stuff like opening new accounts, pushing debit cards on people, and some loan stuff. I'd be team leader and be responsible for getting on people that aren't meeting goals, but always staying positive. She repeated several times it would be bad to friends with the people, but I have to be a dick and be positive at the same time. Apparently Sovereign is undergoing major changes repeatedly, and the goals and requirements never stay the same anymore. I don't know for sure if I have an interview with the branch manager, but I'm pretty sure I will at least get that far. I also think I could come up with enough good stuff to get me pretty close to the job. But I don't know if I could keep up with the pace of it all, and not only be learning a completely new field, but also bring in and be responsible for lots of money. Could I do a decent job in sales? I think so. And certain aspects of the job do appeal to me quite a bit, because I do like leading people and being in control and not having to worry too much about being friendly.I got lots to think about, but I'll have to see if any of it matters at all by next week.
Ron will probably be able to answer you best, but I do not really view this as direct sales. Maybe you are like a group leader or sales manager, or something like that, but it looks like you are responsible for having the tellers trained to offer certain programs and they have incentives tied to how much they do.A few years ago I was recruited pretty heavily by a couple banks to be an advisor in their branch, and the tellers got incentives for referring people with large sums of money in CD's or money market to the advisor. I say go for it, most of the people that work in banks are tools anyway, I am sure you could be king of the tools for a little while.
I got lots to think about, but I'll have to see if any of it matters at all by next week.
You'd be like Kevin Spacey in GlenGarry Glen Ross.
I say go for it, most of the people that work in banks are tools anyway, I am sure you could be king of the tools for a little while.
You're right that its not all direct sales, but part of it is. Going out with the branch manager to get my feet wet and stuff, and then basically doing whatever I have to to meet the goals, IE driving to peoples house if they say they're too busy to finalize a loan and it's the end of the month. The rest of it is goal-incentive based.And I can definitely be king of the tools. I've been a prince for quite some time.
You'd be like Kevin Spacey in GlenGarry Glen Ross.
Well that is a pretty terrific film. This will weigh in my decision.
you probably wanna hire me. I'll let the tards ding themselves for an extra $3 by ordering three meals piece by piece without saying a word. it's payback for hassling me.
You're hired. When are you transferring to Iowa State?

What up, nigggassss?I come to you all broken hearted and nearly insane. Seriously. I endured so much mental anguish over the last few weeks that... I dunno, my brain shut down for like 3 days at one point. I seriously didn't feel a single thing for 3 whole days. C'est la vie though.Cindy: I was your Secret Santa. Your initial gift didn't work out like I planned, so I am sending you the following, ASAP:Letters and collected notes from the last two weeks. Some were written directly to you, and others were written to myself, or to others. I have pretty much nothing left to give, so that's what you're getting. Pretty shitty gift, but on the off chance I become famous some day, they'll be one-of-a-kind collector's items, worth their weight in paper/ink. To all of you: good night and have fun watching the game tonight. Derek

well shimmering wang I wish you the best. no idea what kind of tragedies you've got there and I doubt you'll post it (I don't think I've ever posted when real life bad stuff has happened to me), but good luck. I'll give you a little advice that I tell myself quite often when shit happens: shit happens.realize that and things go pretty smoothly.

What up, nigggassss?I come to you all broken hearted and nearly insane.
I, for one, am shocked. If you can't expect a stable relationship from a back-tatoo'd single mothers who hook up with C-list actors...But it's nice to see you. I've also been away because I felt bad about not giving my SS gift. But since your triumphant return includes a description of your gift that also has not yet arrived, I shall do the same.LG, I am doing my best to create a cat for you. I already have the fur (courtesy of our groomer) and one eye (donated by a patient with debilitating glaucoma). I had to wait for the enucleation (eye removal) which was yesterday, and I'm holding off until I see if there are any procedures coming up within the next few weeks that could add to my little version of Frankenstein's Monster. I know you like arts and crafts...
well shimmering wang I wish you the best. no idea what kind of tragedies you've got there and I doubt you'll post it (I don't think I've ever posted when real life bad stuff has happened to me), but good luck. I'll give you a little advice that I tell myself quite often when shit happens: shit happens.realize that and things go pretty smoothly.
Yeah, thanks. Nothing is ever as bad or as good as it seems. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react. Etc.
I, for one, am shocked. If you can't expect a stable relationship from a back-tatoo'd single mothers who hook up with C-list actors...
She's a good girl and I won't have you talk abo-I could only make it that far. Actually, Maggie is (actually: was) by far the least of my problems. I am healthy, though. I don't have cancer and I don't have AIDS, so: everything's coming Wangman.Time to go sweat my action and figure out who I need and by how much.
Yeah, thanks. Nothing is ever as bad or as good as it seems. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react. Etc.She's a good girl and I won't have you talk abo-I could only make it that far. Actually, Maggie is (actually: was) by far the least of my problems. I am healthy, though. I don't have cancer and I don't have AIDS, so: everything's coming Wangman.Time to go sweat my action and figure out who I need and by how much.
I have $90 for you, let me know where to ship.
I could only make it that far. Actually, Maggie is (actually: was) by far the least of my problems. I am healthy, though. I don't have cancer and I don't have AIDS, so: everything's coming Wangman.
Oh, well, anyway, I e-missed you and e-love you and hope everything truly does come up Wangman for the rest of 2k9. Good luck beating the spread(s) tonight.

Yesterday my roommate mentioned that he wants to do some volunteering this year. Oh, by the way, the dog I was fostering got adopted by a girl I work with. She's an awesome dog....wait, I'll post some pictures. Emma3Small.jpgEmma6Small.jpgIt sucked to see her go, but I'm happy that she found a great home (single tear). I want to foster again if I can convince my roommates to go for it. Anyway, back to the roommate and his newfound desire to help others. Tonight I asked him if he had decided what kind of volunteering he wants to do."Oh, I decided not to do it. There's nothing I'm interested in...old people, young people, sick people, homeless people, and animals are the only options. I don't really like any of 'em."