New York Post Article On Diet Pepsi Ads

"The audience for Bravo's "Celebrity Poker Showdown" has fallen to an average of 134,000 viewers this year from a high of 364,000 viewers in 2003, according to Nielsen Media Research. ESPN's "Poker" has lost 193,000 viewers in the two years it been on the air. And the Travel Channel's marquee "World Series of Poker" has seen its average audience drop to 464,000 this year from a peak of 583,000 in 2004."1. The Bravo show wasn't real poker...just some celebs playing to get ratings. C'mon, I don't think I can learn much from Dennis Rodman's play on the button.2. What is "ESPN Poker"?3. "The Travel Channel's marquee "WSOP"? WTF...I think she means WPT.Doesn't look like whoever proofread this article didn't do their homework.I drink diet Coke anyhow, although was addicted to Mountain Dew.

http://www.nypost.com/business/65564.htm Frankly, I thought this article was poorly written and just way off base.
As someone who works in the media, I can't believe the number of errors in this article. How do they expect a reader to believe that their numbers are correct if they can't even get the shows correct?On a personal note, I thought the DP commercial was pretty funny, mainly because I had just watched DN get sucked out on on HSP so many times and the commercial seemed eerily similar and realistic. I have to say, Diet Pepsi, while being my favorite soda, sure is a bad poker player.

3 wordsNew York PostWhat a joke. NYC's very own National Enquirer. Most stories based in some fact but spun up like cotton candy.This latest rage/trend will taper off as does every trend. Ratings will come and go. Poker has had its ups and downs but come on, it's been around for what like 200 years now? One could call the latest phase the Moneymaker factor. Like it or not he is one of the reasons for the past few years amazing surge in popularity. As long as there is a WSOP, and a chance for virtually anyone to win it, this game will always attract the throngs of hopeful millionaire wannabees.The rest to the article is pure opinion, obviously written by soemone who dislikes the game.This rag is best used to line the bottom of a bird cage.

"PEPSI'S POKER AD DOOMS FAD"the title alone is hilarious. i'd bet most marketing execs would be very happy to hear that a single advertisement could have such an enormous effect to "doom" something that millions of people partake in worldwide, and billions in profits are made off of yearly.also, her ability to see into the future is somewhat disconcerting.

In case Congress' Bill slows things down, I think she just wanted to have something in writing to "quote" claiming she predicted it.All I'm gonna say is, "WSOP 2006"In '05':7.5 million to the Aussie..The entire final table millionaires.What is WSOP or WLTOXEV as she might call it, gonna be worth for final table and first place?That'll answer her highly "intelligent" comments.My thoughts...I think she jumped the shark on saying jumped the shark.(Yes...I do know what it actually means (love Fonzie))However, I do think results of Celebrity Poker Showdown should ALWAYS be the point of reference for all things poker. lolLet's just say that Daniel's check for the Diet Pepsi commercial day or so of shooting will be more than she'll probably make in a couple of years (she could just be bitter).E

This article was so stupid. Not only did the author get many of the show names wrong, she also compared poker to the music industry in a way by calling it a "sellout." I honestly don't believe that poker can collectively sellout though, maybe some of the players can be critisized for abandoning poker and using their new found fame just to make money off of endorsements, but I don't you can say that because there was poker in a Pepsi commercial that poker has "sold out".

I think that article's point is overblown, but to be honest I do think televised poker has some serious problems right now:Celebrity Poker - Not that interesting to the hardcore Poker fans anyway and calling most of the people that appear on it these days "celebrities" is becoming a bigger and bigger stretch.Poker Superstars - Ridiculous structure. Shame, really, because it has the only poker commentators on TV worth a damn trying to explain why someone is going allin every single hand.High Stakes Poker - Not bad, but I have to watch it with the sound off because I find the banter between AJ Whatshisface and Mister Kotter to be annoying.WPT events - Horrible commentators, horrible editing.Just about everything else - Plain horrible.The polished, highly edited WSOP event broadcasts do a pretty good job of mixing good tournament poker with entertainment, but you can only watch them in rerun so many times.All that aside, poker is still going to be big for a while here yet, though the various legislative measures in the works that could cripple online poker play in the USA are very worrisome and I don't think they are getting enough attention from the people who stand to be impacted by them.