Hand That Made My Opponent Go Ballistic

Hand: Villian is a frequent overbettor/Bluffer. He got his chat priviligies taken away from him after this hand. Full Tilt Poker Game #505146379: $10 + $1 Tournament (3192679), Table 3 - 40/80 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:50:32 ET - 2006/03/17Seat 2: ev7734 (1,695)Seat 3: lasmokey14 (5,010)Seat 4: davidtgrmi (1,635)Seat 5: DanTheLiar (8,205)Seat 6: paul4590 (955)Seat 7: Moosstock (4,535)Seat 8: POKEMYNUTS (2,085)Seat 9: Tehol (5,670)POKEMYNUTS posts the small blind of 40Tehol posts the big blind of 80The button is in seat #7*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Tehol [6s 7c]ev7734 foldslasmokey14 foldsdavidtgrmi foldsDanTheLiar calls 80paul4590 foldsMoosstock calls 80POKEMYNUTS calls 40Tehol checks*** FLOP *** [3h 5s 9d]POKEMYNUTS checksTehol checksDanTheLiar bets 125Moosstock calls 125POKEMYNUTS calls 125Tehol calls 125*** TURN *** [3h 5s 9d] [7d]POKEMYNUTS checksTehol checksDanTheLiar bets 820Moosstock foldsPOKEMYNUTS foldsTehol calls 820*** RIVER *** [3h 5s 9d 7d] [8s]Tehol checksDanTheLiar bets 2,460Tehol raises to 4,645, and is all inDanTheLiar calls 2,185How did I play it?I'll tell you what he had later.

you played it how you were supposed to really, the flop call is standard with the action even with a measly gut shot. the turn gives you a few more chances to take this down, and then the bomb on the river was great, the check here is a little questionable, and i think you were lucky he took a stab at it, although i do not know his hole cards, I think with the river, a check will net you a bet head up possibly 2-3/10 and the other 7 they will check it down because the 8 should be a scare card for someone check/calling on the flop and turn. by the ballistic comment im guessing he flopped a set, likely 55.

I guessing he had a set, since he limped in, then got aggressive? Or a moronically slow-played overpair.I think you played it fine. You certainly had the pot odds to call the flop bet with your double gut-buster.On the turn, you called his overbet I assume since he may well have been bluffing with something like two overs and you therefore might have even been leading, and had plenty of likely outs if not.The river plays itself.Use the hand converter btw.

you played it how you were supposed to really, the flop call is standard with the action even with a measly gut shot. the turn gives you a few more chances to take this down, and then the bomb on the river was great, the check here is a little questionable, and i think you were lucky he took a stab at it, although i do not know his hole cards, I think with the river, a check will net you a bet head up possibly 2-3/10 and the other 7 they will check it down because the 8 should be a scare card for someone check/calling on the flop and turn. by the ballistic comment im guessing he flopped a set, likely 55.
he had a double belly buster, not just a gut shot.The only hand I can see him going ballistic with is a set of 9s, thinking he was sucking you in all the way. Hes an idiot. You are in the blind and that board screams "Straight".

yeah, it looks like you chased a gutshot, but actually you had the double, so the flop is fine.turn is a big bet to call without a read, but since you have the read that he is an overbetting bluffer, that's fine.still a big bet to call, both in terms of relative size (pot on turn) and stack size, but if you thought your 7 was likely leading, than its fine.

Okay Mod... I'm a newbie to these new "interweb shenanigans", so if you could move this to Religion for me I would be much obliged. Is Jesus gay? Yes. If by "gay" you mean "the savior". Michael Jackson is a punk rock singer famous for his Marijuana smoking and underground heavy metal hits like "Free Willy". Many people are turned off by Michael Jackson's well publicized heterosexual activities and his raw, unpolished image. One might be surprised to find out that Michael Jackson is Christ. Not Jesus Christ, But Michael Jackson Christ.It's been almost 40 years since they crucified Jesus, and I just thought it was time to nominate a new christ. Which brings me to my point. Is Michael Jackson gay? Yes. If by "gay" you mean "Jesus"

The funny thing is he had....10-8o.I am not really on friendly terms with the converter. :icon_confused:And on the turn the only reason I called was that I thought it was likely that I was ahead.On the river, against this guy, I think I might have been able to get all my chips in there regardless of whether I bet out or check-raised but giving his style of play I knew he would bet it, and bet it big and thus giving me a slightly higher chance of getting it all in there.

The funny thing is he had....10-8o.I am not really on friendly terms with the converter. :icon_confused:And on the turn the only reason I called was that I thought it was likely that I was ahead.On the river, against this guy, I think I might have been able to get all my chips in there regardless of whether I bet out or check-raised but giving his style of play I knew he would bet it, and bet it big and thus giving me a slightly higher chance of getting it all in there.
Tell him to just distribute his buy in to everyone else registered. There cant be any deader money than this guy.