Another unknown.Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is BB with [Ad], [Ac]. UTG calls, MP raises, 2 folds, Hero 3-bets, UTG calls, MP calls.Flop: (9.40 SB) [9c], [6h], [Tc] (3 players)Hero bets, UTG calls, MP calls.Turn: (6.20 BB) [5d] (3 players)Hero bets, UTG raises, MP folds, Hero calls.River: (10.20 BB) [6d] (2 players)I ****ed this one up too. What should I do and why?

its hard to believe the 5 helped him unless he called two cold preflop with 67no read at all? surely you got something
Nothing. I just joined the table and poker ace never had any stats up for him.
Another unknown.Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is BB with [Ad], [Ac]. UTG calls, MP raises, 2 folds, Hero 3-bets, UTG calls, MP calls.Flop: (9.40 SB) [9c], [6h], [Tc] (3 players)Hero bets, UTG calls, MP calls.Turn: (6.20 BB) [5d] (3 players)Hero bets, UTG raises, MP folds, Hero calls.River: (10.20 BB) [6d] (2 players)I ****ed this one up too. What should I do and why?
not sure if your question is about the turn or riveri don't hate the turn play - without a read, 3-betting is tough, though possibly correct.the river - can't c/c this. I don't want to bet/raise, since if he caps, that's 4 bets he is winning. bet/call seems a bit weak though, since he could easily have a T here. if i have any respect for him, i bet/call, but if not, I CR/call. for a complete unknown at 5/10 SH on party, i probably bet/call.
not sure if your question is about the turn or riveri don't hate the turn play - without a read, 3-betting is tough, though possibly correct.the river - can't c/c this. I don't want to bet/raise, since if he caps, that's 4 bets he is winning. bet/call seems a bit weak though, since he could easily have a T here. if i have any respect for him, i bet/call, but if not, I CR/call. for a complete unknown at 5/10 SH on party, i probably bet/call.
We finally agree on something! :club:
Why not 3-bet the turn? He plays it like AA (unlikely)/KK/QQ/JJ/TT.
I think his play is more like T9, 65, 87, or a set than an overpair. He could have a pair + draw too. I don't know. I think 3-betting htis turn is wrong though.
Why would argue to call the turn but bet the river?
Why would argue to call the turn but bet the river?
i think the board pairing helps our hand. not as much as it usually does given the rest of the hand, but enough that checking is no longer an option.and i do think that if you ran a range through pokerstove, 3-betting the turn is likely correct, but OOP, i think it is marginal, and gives villain the opportunity to win an extra bet, get a free showdown, or otherwise outplay us.and yes, i forgot the title of the thread when i discussed the turn play. for this and the other thread.
I think the board pairing helps our hand. not as much as it usually does given the rest of the hand, but enough that checking is no longer an option.
Why would checking no longer be an option?Betting sucks. That's what I did. It's the worst option. If he raises, I'm a huge underdog. So when I bet, I'm hoping he doesn't raise.Now consider checking. It's likely that he will almost always bet the river. So if I check/call, the same bets go in, except now I don't have to risk a raise. I think the parlay of the chance he takes a free showdown is not enough to make up for the times I get raised on the river.Check/raising is a viable option too. At least now 2 bets go in when I'm more of a favorite then when he puts the 2nd bet in. But I don't htink my hand is strong enough to check/raise, since I'm not folding to a 3-bet. UTG's flop call + turn raise shows too much strength. That's the same reason I don't think 3-betting the turn is good. I like to save my marginal 3-bets for when I at least have some kind of read on my opponent.
Why would checking no longer be an option?Betting sucks. That's what I did. It's the worst option. If he raises, I'm a huge underdog. So when I bet, I'm hoping he doesn't raise.Now consider checking. It's likely that he will almost always bet the river. So if I check/call, the same bets go in, except now I don't have to risk a raise. I think the parlay of the chance he takes a free showdown is not enough to make up for the times I get raised on the river.Check/raising is a viable option too. At least now 2 bets go in when I'm more of a favorite then when he puts the 2nd bet in. But I don't htink my hand is strong enough to check/raise, since I'm not folding to a 3-bet. UTG's flop call + turn raise shows too much strength. That's the same reason I don't think 3-betting the turn is good. I like to save my marginal 3-bets for when I at least have some kind of read on my opponent.
i don't think checking is an option, because i give 5/10 players at least the potential to be good. which means he may well guess that his ten or two pair, or whatever else, is no longer good to your overpair and will check behind.but that same assumption means you only get raised while behind. so i guess its a toss-up between being willing to miss one bet while ahead, and unwilling to pay an extra bet while behind. to make a decision you'd have to decide on the probabilty you're ahead, given what a flop call+turn raise at 5/10 SH means, etc.but when it is that plain, i'd always rather pay an extra bet than miss one, since i'm usually too passive on rivers, i like to develop as maniacal a table rep. as possible. but that's just me.
i don't think checking is an option, because i give 5/10 players at least the potential to be good. which means he may well guess that his ten or two pair, or whatever else, is no longer good to your overpair and will check behind.
If he's good, he's value betting most Tx or two pair hands (unless he has 95 in which case he sucks :club: ). I see your point though. He may be free showdown raising wiht something like 88 to try and fold overcards. This hand is different from my other one. I think you guys are right with the bet/call.