Unbelievable Pics

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had that tree been in my yard when I was around 13...
You would've spent the majority of your youth pulling splinters out of your tallywacker?
and the game ball goes to Vishantee holy crap. Check out the look on Childress.Foxshot.jpg
This pic is worthless with that purple block over the evidence.

These pictures are of the white matter tracts in the human brain, using a new technology called diffusion spectrum imaging. Basically you use MRI to measure the direction that water molecules are moving and from that you can reconstruct where the fibers are going. edit: to clarify, what you are seeing here are the axons of the neurons in the brain... like long cables connecting the neurons to each other. neural-wires.jpghumanscan.jpg5.jpg

These pictures are of the white matter tracts in the human brain, using a new technology called diffusion spectrum imaging. Basically you use MRI to measure the direction that water molecules are moving and from that you can reconstruct where the fibers are going. neural-wires.jpghumanscan.jpg5.jpg
And in a related "Things That You Could Stare At For Six Hours If You Are On Mushrooms," this:1.gif
These pictures are of the white matter tracts in the human brain, using a new technology called diffusion spectrum imaging. Basically you use MRI to measure the direction that water molecules are moving and from that you can reconstruct where the fibers are going. neural-wires.jpghumanscan.jpg5.jpg
These are awesome, and probably the only pics in the entire thread that qualify as 'unbelievable'.
So before you saw that pic, you used to believe that the molecules in your brain are motionless?
yes. That's exactly why I thought those pictures were unbelievable. Not because they could 'take' them, but because I didn't know anything was moving in my head.
01_chaitenv.jpg"Lightning bolts appear above and around the Chaiten volcano as seen from Chana, some 30 kms (19 miles) north of the volcano, as it began its first eruption in thousands of years, in southern Chile May 2, 2008. Cases of electrical storms breaking out directly above erupting volcanoes are well documented, although scientists differ on what causes them. Picture taken May 2, 2008. (REUTERS/Carlos Gutierrez) "
01_chaitenv.jpg"Lightning bolts appear above and around the Chaiten volcano as seen from Chana, some 30 kms (19 miles) north of the volcano, as it began its first eruption in thousands of years, in southern Chile May 2, 2008. Cases of electrical storms breaking out directly above erupting volcanoes are well documented, although scientists differ on what causes them. Picture taken May 2, 2008. (REUTERS/Carlos Gutierrez) "
Here's my geekdom in full blossom.At first glance I thought that was a photoshopped picture of the third stage guild navigator from the movie Dune. [/geek]
INbelievable!!
oh, I was in Chile in April/May.I wasn't close to the [this] volcano, but I could still see smoke from the hotel window.
Looks like a Tsunami to me !!