Fcp Heads Up Poker League (modified)

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thought. In football towards the end of the season teams get mathematically elimanted from playoff contention. I know the games are only $10 a match, but there is no guarantee that they would show up if they aren't in it, other to play spoiler. A situation could arise with teams tied and needing to win and there be no-shows and such. Oh well, I guess that's just the luck of the cards so to speak.
Just an idea, but if there's a concern about this (and I think it's reasonable), why not have a drawing at the end of the season for some sort of prize that any team that had perfect attendance is eligible for? Or any non-playoff team that showed for all of their matches? Maybe if a team has a chance to win, say, some of their buyin back by showing up, they'll show.
Just an idea, but if there's a concern about this (and I think it's reasonable), why not have a drawing at the end of the season for some sort of prize that any team that had perfect attendance is eligible for? Or any non-playoff team that showed for all of their matches? Maybe if a team has a chance to win, say, some of their buyin back by showing up, they'll show.
Well, I think you would be showing up for every match, if you don't, you forfeit. That said, I do think there should be a cap on the maximum number of players per team. Probably like the owner and 4 teammates.Plus a better chance of getting a team if your post count is higher? :club:
Well, I think you would be showing up for every match, if you don't, you forfeit. That said, I do think there should be a cap on the maximum number of players per team. Probably like the owner and 4 teammates.Plus a better chance of getting a team if your post count is higher? :club:
Nothis will turn into an "Army" league.
I was responding to the (valid) post about teams that have been mathematically eliminated just no-showing and affecting the standings for teams fighting for spots. Those teams probably won't care about forfeiting.

Good point about teams that are out of the playoff hunt. I could institute the following rule: Any team that misses three games during a season will be disqualified from ever taking part in future seasons. That would include EVERY player on the team.

I wish I had a Patty that I could say, "Hey I just came up with a really fun thing that will take the logistics skills of a NASA scientist, handle it!"Where do you get those?

Good point about teams that are out of the playoff hunt. I could institute the following rule: Any team that misses three games during a season will be disqualified from ever taking part in future seasons. That would include EVERY player on the team.
I suggested this above, but in case you missed it...you could have some sort of prize drawing for all non-playoff teams that don't miss a game. It would cut into the prize money, but if people thought they'd have a chance of getting something back, they'd probably stick around.
A one man team is allowed? really? Sorta kills the intent, doesn't it.Oh well!Hope that's not the case
Not really. Ideally it would be all one man teams, but since scheduling could be an issue I felt like it would be a good idea to have a back up plan.
any idea if there is going to be an official sihgn up list or if were going to have the drawing soon? trhx.
Hopefully, very soon. It's either going to be an e-mail address or a thread. Most likely it will be an e-mail address. I literally just "came up" with this idea one evening, but we need to make sure we put some proper planning into it to do it right. I'm going to hire someone to run the league. Someone I have known for years. Once all that is worked out we cn move forward. This all WILL happen though.
Hopefully, very soon. It's either going to be an e-mail address or a thread. Most likely it will be an e-mail address. I literally just "came up" with this idea one evening, but we need to make sure we put some proper planning into it to do it right. I'm going to hire someone to run the league. Someone I have known for years. Once all that is worked out we cn move forward. This all WILL happen though.
you didnt steal it from the hideout?