Fcp Heads Up Poker League (modified)

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to be in if you could back up the time a bit for us west coasters. If it is teams, would it be possible to alternate between 9:00 and 11:00 PM eastern? That way an early bird can team up with a night owl and play alternate weeks. At 9:00, i cannot make it, unless I could join a multi-member team and leave work early around once a month. I'm sure others, especially in LA, share my predicament.

I'm definitely in if I get picked. Someone start a fantasy FCP heads up poker league now. :club:

love the sound of the idea...a few questions though...1. Is Daniel playing?2. Do we have to be registered on FCP? (I have a pokerroom account)3. Are there times that can accomodate Aus playas? =PCheers

I'm Tagliabue, Stern, and Lemieux all rolled into one since I get my own exemption every year! By the way guys, I will definitely be looking for two to three teammates in case some of don't get in.
If you can find a way for me to connect to FCP from school here, I will most certainly play. :club:

So how would this work wih a team of people? Let's say I get my name drawn and I play in the league. I know there will be 1 or 2 Thursday's that I would not be able to play during the whole season. Do I pick another person (or 2, or 3, etc) just to fill in those days? Or is every person on each team supposed to play an equal amount? Or is it just up to the person whose name gets drawn to decide?Let's say I suck at heads-up. I'm hoping "player X" does not get his name drawn, but mine does so I can pick a good heads up player to be on my team? If I'm friends with all of the good heads-up players, I can just get a lot of them on my team and beat everyone sensless (I know that won't happen, but you get my drift).I guess all of my questions revolve around that aspect of the matches.... just throwing some stuff out there that may affect how I would want to go about participating if I get in. Need to stratigize :club: Maybe this could be one of those "Charter Member Benifits" we've been hearing so much about... like only charter members get their names drawn, but then they can pick anyone to be on their team... probably won't work, just an idea.Oh yeah, and if this is the place to sign up, I would like my name in the hat as well.

i wouldnt mind if u changed the 50 dolllar buy in in the beggining to a 100 or 200.
Definitely in...Thanks DN.I agree with Vatche. The one thing I think we learned with the FCPFC is that the $10 buy-in was small enough that a few people blew the thing off and many times the table was not full. Hell, one time we played 4 handed.I think each team putting up $300 is a good #. You could have 3-4 playa's per "team". I like the idea of the Charter Member as a team captain and he can recruit his players.
Definitely in...Thanks DN.I agree with Vatche. The one thing I think we learned with the FCPFC is that the $10 buy-in was small enough that a few people blew the thing off and many times the table was not full. Hell, one time we played 4 handed.I think each team putting up $300 is a good #. You could have 3-4 playa's per "team". I like the idea of the Charter Member as a team captain and he can recruit his players.
I'm not sure about recruiting members. There will be favoritsm involved. It should be random.