For The Christians Of Fcp. Is It Alright To Drink Alcohol?

Did anyone read this site? http://www.layhands.com/CanChristiansDrinkAlcohol.htmWhat do you guys think about this site? Do you agree/ disagree?
I just skimmed the site but hes pretty much on target. For some drinking is a personal weakness and I would recommend them not drink at all if it is something that will cause them to stumble. For others you can have a beer and not have any problem with it. It all comes down to personal choice. What you dont want is to start havin people associate alcohol with your ministry. Alcohol isnt bad in moderation but when you go about drinkin everyday then you might want to consider takin a break from it
Becoming an alcoholic is a sin just like becoming a fat pig through over eating is a sin. There is NO evidence in the Bible that drinking alcohol is a sin. In fact, quite the opposite is true. There are several passages that mention drinking wine.
You are such a retard. Both of these have been medically diagnosed as a disease. Before you post take a moment to read what you have typed and ask yourself if it makes sense before you click on the add reply button.
You are such a retard. Both of these have been medically diagnosed as a disease. Before you post take a moment to read what you have typed and ask yourself if it makes sense before you click on the add reply button.
um..drinkin urself until ur an acholic doesnt make it a disease. Going out and gettin hammered every night is not an excuse...going and eating urself to death isnt an excuse..people toss this stuff out all the time and try to hide behind this "disease" why is it that america is suffering from "diseases" that no other country seems to struggle with...scientist call it diseases but as far as i knwo there isnt any actual scientific proof but merely people classifying something as to why people drink to much or are fat...
um..drinkin urself until ur an acholic doesnt make it a disease. Going out and gettin hammered every night is not an excuse...going and eating urself to death isnt an excuse..people toss this stuff out all the time and try to hide behind this "disease" why is it that america is suffering from "diseases" that no other country seems to struggle with...scientist call it diseases but as far as i knwo there isnt any actual scientific proof but merely people classifying something as to why people drink to much or are fat...
This is what scientist's and doctor's do for a living. They are experts at what they do.Of course there is proof to diagnose these conditions as diseases and not just merely people classifying something. . .
This is what scientist's and doctor's do for a living. They are experts at what they do.Of course there is proof to diagnose these conditions as diseases and not just merely people classifying something. . .
actually no...as people on this forum have so often said...scientists just look at science and draw conclusions...well science has so far shown no chemical imbalance that causes people to eat themselves fat or drink themselves to death...yet they conclude that it is a disease? Do you see the problem?You know the cure for people who drink to much? Dont drink!!!You know the cure for obesity? Quit eating 20 hrs a day and join a gym!!!Its not hard stuff...People here are just so lazy that we have had to come up with new names to make people feel better. gluttony is a sin for a reason...so is getting drunk...Do you think if people lived by those 2 simple rules there would be either problem in america? Of course not
actually no...as people on this forum have so often said...scientists just look at science and draw conclusions...well science has so far shown no chemical imbalance that causes people to eat themselves fat or drink themselves to death...yet they conclude that it is a disease? Do you see the problem?You know the cure for people who drink to much? Dont drink!!!You know the cure for obesity? Quit eating 20 hrs a day and join a gym!!!Its not hard stuff...People here are just so lazy that we have had to come up with new names to make people feel better. gluttony is a sin for a reason...so is getting drunk...Do you think if people lived by those 2 simple rules there would be either problem in america? Of course not
There is medical evidence in both cases that prove there is such a thing as an addiction to food or alcohol.It's the same as a kid who has tourette's. There is a medical condition that causes the outbursts just like there is a medical condition that causes alcholism and obesity. I'm not talking about a few extra pounds but about the people you see who are 100 or 200 pounds overweight. There's a little more going on there then not going to the gym.
There is medical evidence in both cases that prove there is such a thing as an addiction to food or alcohol.It's the same as a kid who has tourette's. There is a medical condition that causes the outbursts just like there is a medical condition that causes alcholism and obesity. I'm not talking about a few extra pounds but about the people you see who are 100 or 200 pounds overweight. There's a little more going on there then not going to the gym.
Please dont compare tourettes to somebody who is obese or an acoholic...My little brother has tourettes so i have first hand knowledge of that. You are comparing apples and orangeswith tourettes you have no control, You know how often I watched my little brother cry b/c he couldnt stop himself from doing something? He didnt volunter to do this stuff he has to deal with itObesity and alcoholism are the exact opposite. Those who are alcoholics had a choice. The choice was not to drink. They went against that choice and now they are paying for it. You arent born with alcoholism, you may be more suseptible to it but you are born an alcoholic. It is a choice to pound beer until you become an alcoholic. Just like with obesity. Why is it that no other generation had this struggle? hmm maybe its b/c we think eating a cheese burger is as good as eating a salad. People willingly choose to eat fatty foods and drink soda full of sugar and then cant undestand why they are fat....These are choices they made. You arent born and o ur obese...It is a decision to continue eating fat...You think if they ate healthy they would have these problems? Of course not...So please dont compare tourettes to some "disease" that just happened to appear this generation.
Please dont compare tourettes to somebody who is obese or an acoholic...My little brother has tourettes so i have first hand knowledge of that. You are comparing apples and orangeswith tourettes you have no control, You know how often I watched my little brother cry b/c he couldnt stop himself from doing something? He didnt volunter to do this stuff he has to deal with itObesity and alcoholism are the exact opposite. Those who are alcoholics had a choice. The choice was not to drink. They went against that choice and now they are paying for it. You arent born with alcoholism, you may be more suseptible to it but you are born an alcoholic. It is a choice to pound beer until you become an alcoholic. Just like with obesity. Why is it that no other generation had this struggle? hmm maybe its b/c we think eating a cheese burger is as good as eating a salad. People willingly choose to eat fatty foods and drink soda full of sugar and then cant undestand why they are fat....These are choices they made. You arent born and o ur obese...It is a decision to continue eating fat...You think if they ate healthy they would have these problems? Of course not...So please dont compare tourettes to some "disease" that just happened to appear this generation.
You said with tourettes you have no control. What do you think these people who can't stop eating and drinking have? Well let me tell you, the answer is no control. Alcoholism did not just appear in this generation, it's been around for years. You are not born with alcoholism or obesity you just may be more at risk to develop it but the underlying factors still remain that once a catalyst sets the disease in motion then it will become a full blown disease just as bad if not worse than your little brothers fits.
You said with tourettes you have no control. What do you think these people who can't stop eating and drinking have? Well let me tell you, the answer is no control. Alcoholism did not just appear in this generation, it's been around for years. You are not born with alcoholism or obesity you just may be more at risk to develop it but the underlying factors still remain that once a catalyst sets the disease in motion then it will become a full blown disease just as bad if not worse than your little brothers fits.
again these arent not close sorry. With the obesity and drinking you didnt one day go o well im just gonna start eating and eating...Its a lifestyle choice. They choice to start eating fatty foods and a lot of them and progressively they built it to obesity. With alcohol you dont drink just one beer and become an alcoholic do you? It invovles progressively drinking more and more. So dont sit there try to say that they had no control...Tourettes isnt the product of a lifestyle. You are born with it or you arent. My dad has a small case of it which he gave to my little brother. I lived in the exact same situation as my brother but I dont have it. So its not a product of a catalyst, It is something genetically passed down. Obesity and Alcholism arent. Sorry but your wrong
again these arent not close sorry. With the obesity and drinking you didnt one day go o well im just gonna start eating and eating...Its a lifestyle choice. They choice to start eating fatty foods and a lot of them and progressively they built it to obesity. With alcohol you dont drink just one beer and become an alcoholic do you? It invovles progressively drinking more and more. So dont sit there try to say that they had no control...Tourettes isnt the product of a lifestyle. You are born with it or you arent. My dad has a small case of it which he gave to my little brother. I lived in the exact same situation as my brother but I dont have it. So its not a product of a catalyst, It is something genetically passed down. Obesity and Alcholism arent. Sorry but your wrong
Regardless of what you believe or refuse to believe the fact still remains that Daniel is retarded.
Regardless of what you believe or refuse to believe the fact still remains that Daniel is retarded.
refuse to believe? you are equating something you have no control over to a lifestyle choice that leads to bad problems for you. theres a reason the bible teaches that gluttony and abusing alcohol are bad. they realized several thousand years ago what the problems with those abuses are.
Whether this is true can be (as it can be with any person, really) debatable. However, you haven't given any valid reason to believe that statement in this specific thread.

Been sober 25 years and 4 days. Got sober in AA, became Christan 21 years ago.Alcohlism is not a disease like cancer or tourettes, those that say it is are trying to find an excuse not to apply themselves to stopping. Having said that most alcoholics can not stop without outside help. Higher Power and/or AA.I know more alcoholics then 'experts', but I can tell you that there is alot of money in keeping alcoholism listed as a disease. Follow the money.I don't drink at all, it's a sin for me. My wife drinks wine at dinner and when out with our friends, no big deal. Drink to excess is a sin imo. But I'm not the judge of others, only myself.

• 2 weeks later...
Jesus turned water into wine.....
Heh, Jesus didn't turn water into wine. He turned it into four hundred gallons of wine. Now, I don't have the guest list for the wedding, but I can't imagine there were enough people that four hundred gallons wouldn't get them drunk. Especially since the passage clearly states that it's towards the end, when most people would have already been tipsy or worse.herokid7 said it best. An addiction is always bad, it will always have a negative impact on your life, regardless of what it is.