Two 1st Place Finishes Last Night In Big Mtts

Was playing some tournies last night to win entry into some big events, played in two tournies simultaneously, one with 562 people, one with 264 people. The 264 person tourny payed out top 3 -- I came in 1st. 562 person tourny payed out top 1 only, I came in 1st in that one as well. Was rough when I final tabled both at the same time, and had to play heads up at the same time. I pulled through and was very excited about my play. I certainly got some cards in a few key spots, however, my overall play was what got me to 1st in both of these. I won the small tourny with QQ against KQ (preflop all-in), and the bigger tourny with K6o (made two pair on flop) against middle pair (I had a huge chip lead).Here is one hand of interest: Small tourny Top 3 pay.I have about 76K in chips (average)Final table with 8 people left.Player behind me is all in with about 35K, I look at AQd. Same player was all in 4 hands earlier with me, we both had AK and chopped. I thought a long time and folded. Player showed AA -- I saved myself big time, and gained the confidence to win it all.Here is the one key hand in the big tourny:I am on final table with 260K in chips (well above average)Player two spots behind me goes all-in for 150K and gets called by player 1 spot behind me (he was all in for 130K). I look at KK and call. 1st guy had AK and second guy had JJ, my hand holds up and I had a HUGE chip lead. I rode the chip lead by playing very aggressive and had 1.1 million chips to 400K in chips heads up. I crushed the competition in heads up and took it down.So I won two buy-ins to some big tournies, one for 500K and one for 100K. These were two of the best finishes I ever had. Wish me luck!

Awesome!!but no offence, you played a 264 and a 560 something for a top 3 and top 1 only. thats pretty insane.and these are only free entree's? call me crazy, but i dont think i would be happy with 1st place finishes in large tourneys unless it was a cash payout or WSOP type prize package

Awesome!!but no offence, you played a 264 and a 560 something for a top 3 and top 1 only. thats pretty insane.and these are only free entree's? call me crazy, but i dont think i would be happy with 1st place finishes in large tourneys unless it was a cash payout or WSOP type prize package
had to be freerolls. putting money into a 500 person tourney where only top finisher gets anything would be insane.
They were both free entires, I cashed out my $ and bought a truck, a boat, and a trailer. So now I am poor again :club: I didn't realize the tough payout structure at first, just looking for some games to pass the time. Oh, I also payed off my Audi and 10K in CC debt so far. I usually look for free buy-ins and satelites to get the chance for good cash again.
well, they were 264 and 560 paying top 1 and top 3 into 100K and 500K tourneys, so they were obviously very small entry fees.probably freerolls, $1 or points.edit: a little slow on the draw, i ambut either way, two wins in MTT's is nothing to sneeze at, even if they're play money. nice job.
had to be freerolls. putting money into a 500 person tourney where only top finisher gets anything would be insane.
Ya, i assumed so, but i meant more or less the idea of spending that amount of time, and attempts to win etc....u cant just auto pilot a win no matter how lucky yu get.But i didnt know about his BR liquidation, so now it makes a bit of sense

I had 2 MTT finishes last night also!One was out of the money.The other one was WAAAAYYYYY out of the money.Just one of those nights when the cards never come and you cant get anything going....Not sure what if anything his has to to with OP?But CONGRATS have never won one myself, and free roll or not, winning is cool.

They were both free entires, I cashed out my $ and bought a truck, a boat, and a trailer. So now I am poor again :club: I didn't realize the tough payout structure at first, just looking for some games to pass the time. Oh, I also payed off my Audi and 10K in CC debt so far. I usually look for free buy-ins and satelites to get the chance for good cash again.
Nice pulls.If you don't mind me asking, what were the payouts?
So you cashed out 50K?
So you cashed out 50K?
it would appear as though he cashed out closer to 70k.but thats just my assumptions that a working semi decent truck was at least 15, plus at least another 15 for his audi, and another min of 15 for a boat/trailerthat is if all these things are "semi-decent" used
Teach me master!! (grovels)

Ok ill be the *******. This is a strange sounding story. They were runnung a 256 person freeroll turney where 3 people got directly into a 100000 dollar turney? If thats true than im going there now! Then you said theses were your best finishes ever but yet you cashed out enough money to buy truck ,trailor, boat, and bmw? If you won the money for that in cash games you play at a very high level. Anyway if its true congrats, it just sounds fishy.

very fishy indeed......If I had won more than $70,000 playing poker, I definately wouldnt be proud to say that now I play freerolls. hmmmm whatever I dont believe you

No Cash, just buy-ins to bigger tournies. I got a buy-in to a 100K guarenteed and a buy-in to a 500K guarenteed. Hopefully I go 1st in both of those :club:
Where exactly on Party are these freeroll qualifers for big events?

I would love to know where these freerolls to bigger events are on party. I would love to play in them because.... i am poor! I have not made 70,000 playing poker