An Awesome Website To Checkout

just say no to christian themed websites
Why spam these threads, and where does all the negativity come from?Guilt?
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my negativity came from annoyance?i think youre trying to say i "wish to annoy"i love how you think you understand the inner working of the universe while you struggle with the proper way to speak your native language at a second grade level.

I do think your negativity comes from annoyance. Mine does.Religion annoys me. So I post in here, not to annoy, but rather to understand and be understood.For your information, I scored 800 on the writing SAT and I read the LOTR trilogy in first grade. But I agree, my writing is pretty bad.You might want to give capitalization or punctuation a try.

• 2 weeks later...
I do think your negativity comes from annoyance. Mine does.Religion annoys me. So I post in here, not to annoy, but rather to understand and be understood.For your information, I scored 800 on the writing SAT and I read the LOTR trilogy in first grade. But I agree, my writing is pretty bad.You might want to give capitalization or punctuation a try.
SAT scores are useless when testing the proverbial nincompoop.
i think u misspoke...u scored an 800 on the entire SATs

No, I did not mispeak.I did post the scores to validate the test's accuracy, or to brag. I only used it as a piece of evidence to refute the assertion that I speak English at a second grade level. A standardized test is better evidence than anecdotal assertions.

• 3 months later...
First let me say I don't doubt anyones salvation and the last time I checked in this country your entitled to believe in whatever you choose. I was born and raised baptist, although I disagree with some of the doctrine I'm comfortable with worshipping in a baptist church. A lot of you can school me in the world of poker and my freerolls are mediocre compared to the stakes you play for and win. But one thing I have noticed about christians, especially in this century is how the bible can be stretched to live your life however you want. I would like to remind everyone here that when Jesus came to this Earth he was born in a manger and sat with sinners and social outcast, which was troubling to the group that was running the show. Sounds like some of the churches I been to recently ( I refer to them as social clubs) if a drug addict or a real sinner walked in penniless would he be accepted, in most circumstances he would not. To me its more than reading a book, listening to a sermon, singing in the choir its more than a Sunday service or a bilble study. To me if you believe its about Jesus. Jesus said to love thy neighbor as thyself. Thats hard to do loving someone as much you do yourself. But realize if we all did that ,this world would be a much better palce. I didn't mean to ramble but to me there is a difference between do gooders and true christians. Billy Grahm was once asked if he was a preacher that believed baptist were the only ones going to heaven, he said I'll take it further I believe some of them are going to be dissappointed. So in my opinion live it like you mean it. Thats 24/7.
so, i know what you are talking about, and its upsetting to me, but there are a great deal of people out there that are actually tryin to live out their faith like Christ would have them do it. eh, about the baptist thing, there are gonna be people from every denomination that were just playin a game with their faith and they will be dissapointed when they die.and yes, nooma are some of my favorite videos. i saw my first one about a yr and a half or so ago, and it blew me away.
  • 3 weeks later...

Please don't yell at us frustrated atheists. Put yourselves in our shoes when we have to see the continuous spread of this religion. To me, it's a detriment to the growth of humanity and, especially, our society. You might tell me some line about how churches donate such and such money more then anyone else... and I still wouldn't care. Religion is psychological crutch and explainably (new word, I think ;-) ) shady at best. Plus the Christians vs. Muslims war is really getting on my (and a lot of atheists') nerves. Not only that, but Christianity continues to grow in popularity, mainly due to the continuous folktales passed down from generation to generation. Then with the invention of the internet, the fad is spreading more quickly. God is used as a mystical stress-ball when times get too personally tough, always part of some mystical plan when things are globally tough, and seems to somehow be the reason for everything good in life.So don't get mad at atheists, you would feel the same way in our shoes. And no, we're not all typically bitter people. Most of us, actually, are very friendly and emotionally in control due to our firm grip on reality and ability to handle the rough swings in life. Most of us are quite grounded, too :-)But even the best humans (teasing) are able to be logically upset. We've had to deal with ignorance of large numbers of people for the longer parts of even our most personal lives.... trying having to explain why "spirituality" is a gibberish word and how people can enjoy their lives without a god alllll the time (especially in Indiana). Try having to be denied long-term personal relationships or having to deal with family in-law pressure because of the fact that I don't believe a "higher-power" exists. My gay best friend compares my situations to those of his losing boyfriends to ignorant family "religious/right-wing/conservative" pressure. So, seriously, if you can just put yourselves in our shoes...................... I don't care what anyone believes. If they want to believe that the santa really puts gifts under the tree, then fine. But the day it starts to intrude on my personal life, you can expect how a person would react. At least this government allows you people to have your churches, your AA, your tax-relief, etc... I bet it's pretty nice to live in a country where you're allowed to be as Christian as you want everyday of the year. I guess if I was one, I really wouldn't have anything to complain about either... agh, sorry, that wasn't necessaryJust ... please... try to be a tad more understanding to our frustrations.And yes, Daniel, we can go to any other forums... we know, but we like your forums and even the debate on your religious threads.But Christians, really... quit being surprised, upset, hurt, angered, etc. when an upset atheist makes some emotional post on your threads. If you didn't want the atheists to say such things, the rules of your Christian threads should say "No Atheists Allowed". Most of these people do have reasons why they are upset and their posts have quite a bit of meaning behind them.:-) and have a nice day as always

Edit: you can now thank me for noticing how late I am in posting on this thread :-P
  • 2 months later...
the trail blazers are for sale cheap and vegas needs a team :club:
I know I'm tuning in late, however, doing this would sharply curtail basketball betting in Vegas.... There's supposedly some sort of law that prohibits it. Go figure....

I've been lurking here for a few weeks, and may not have joined or posted if there was only poker info here, because I don't feel the need to really interact there, but the religion section is pretty intriguing.I didn't know Daniel was a theist or Christian and for some reason it I find it very surprising. I suppose that's because he is so rational and reasoned at the poker table, and religion is anything but. At the table, he requires evidence and information, and yet in this section of his life, pure faith is enough for him. It's pretty interesting.As for that video, I watched the first one, Rain. It was a classic appeal to emotion, produced well, but not a whole lot of substance. The thing about God helping people who ask for it is a crock of **** if you ask me, but of course nobody did.I know lots of Christians who talk of prayer and recieving God through prayer. Miracles and divine help. I'd like to believe them, but God hasn't done one thing through prayer that couldn't be explained by simpler and more rational means. Often a man claims his cancer was stopped by God, through prayer, or that he was healed of some other internal condition through communication with God. But plenty of amputees have asked for help, plenty of them, and in not one instance has he healed an amputee. That's all it would take for me to make a believer out of me, one amputee. Why does God hate amputees?

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the Rain episode and couldn't help but notice how skilled this pastor was of getting his message across and to get to our feelings. He surely is a very skilled speaker and his results speak for themselves.On the other hand, when I listen to him and think about what he has said, I'm not really impressed with it. He says that God is with us when we are going through a rough time as long as we cry out. When I'm going through rough patches in my life I sort them out on my own, maybe talk to my fiancé, but I don't need to rely on a divine power. I think the reason people that praying gives them strength is that they truly fully believe that someone is listening and caring, even though they have no empirical observations that justify it. Having a sense of someone else caring for you is powerful for us because we are such emotional creatures.So why not try that, the next time you are having troubles, try to sort it out yourself, talk to a very good friend or spouse, I promise, it will be equally rewarding.

I watched the Rain episode and couldn't help but notice how skilled this pastor was of getting his message across and to get to our feelings. He surely is a very skilled speaker and his results speak for themselves.On the other hand, when I listen to him and think about what he has said, I'm not really impressed with it. He says that God is with us when we are going through a rough time as long as we cry out. When I'm going through rough patches in my life I sort them out on my own, maybe talk to my fiancé, but I don't need to rely on a divine power. I think the reason people that praying gives them strength is that they truly fully believe that someone is listening and caring, even though they have no empirical observations that justify it. Having a sense of someone else caring for you is powerful for us because we are such emotional creatures.So why not try that, the next time you are having troubles, try to sort it out yourself, talk to a very good friend or spouse, I promise, it will be equally rewarding.
You suck at convincing people of, well, anything. Keep trying, though, it's fun to watch a global warming, gun controling atheist bang it's head against a wall. REALLY fun.
You suck at convincing people of, well, anything. Keep trying, though, it's fun to watch a global warming, gun controling atheist bang it's head against a wall. REALLY fun.
The typical response of someone who has absolutely nothing to say (I guess I'm guilty as charged now)KEEP IT UP LOIS!!!!!!
The typical response of someone who has absolutely nothing to say (I guess I'm guilty as charged now)KEEP IT UP LOIS!!!!!!
Yeah, I have got nothing to say. Sure. Because that's why people react to every post I make. Because they say nothing. They provoke no reaction. Thye say nothing. Dream on.
  • 2 weeks later...

I understand why you use the term atheist in a derogatory way, but why global warming and gun control? Do you feel that God wants us to make the climate less habitable for animal and plant life and that he wants us to bear arms so that we can easily kill each other?

• 8 months later...
I watched the Rain episode and couldn't help but notice how skilled this pastor was of getting his message across and to get to our feelings. (..)So why not try that, the next time you are having troubles, try to sort it out yourself, talk to a very good friend or spouse, I promise, it will be equally rewarding.
Maybe you should let people believe whatever they feel comfortable believing. If it works for him, why try something else? This is his religion, have a little respect. And the "sort it out yourself", what's that all about? As if Daniel never sorts out his own issues or something... Religion is more than just a place you flee to whenever life gets a little rough. It's part of your life itself. (No, I'm not Christian myself)

Wow... random sticky and random bumpHas that sticky always been there?

Religion is more than just a place you flee to whenever life gets a little rough. It's part of your life itself.
Ah, but it doesn't need to be. If religion is your comfort zone, then by all means, but it's not a fact of life.
(...)Ah, but it doesn't need to be. If religion is your comfort zone, then by all means, but it's not a fact of life.
You took it exactly the opposite way of how I meant it: I meant it's not JUST a comfort zone, it's a PART of somebody's life. I never said it was a fact of life :club:
You took it exactly the opposite way of how I meant it: I meant it's not JUST a comfort zone, it's a PART of somebody's life. I never said it was a fact of life :D
I'm sorry if I'm still a little confused. Raping is part of a serial rapist's life... doesn't mean it deserves respect.Is that what you were trying to say? :club::D
I'm sorry if I'm still a little confused. Raping is part of a serial rapist's life... doesn't mean it deserves respect.Is that what you were trying to say? :club::D
Are you saying a person's religion doesn't deserve respect?
Are you saying a person's religion doesn't deserve respect?
Yes, I am.YOU, personally, have my respect.Your religion and your religious beliefs do not.