Christian Fallacy?

Ok, Mattxnc posted this as part of another discussion, and I didn't want to hijack that, so I thought I'd start a new one.His introduction states.

Lets go with some assumptions a christian makes1. All thatat God creates and does is good2. Man comes from God
This implies that man is good. But I had the understanding man had "original sin" that he had to atone for. If man is inherently good (since we are created by God), than isn't someone who just lives a good life Heaven-bound? If someone is Jewish for instance, and acknowledges God (just in a different way) but lives their life in a good way, then could they not make it into Heaven despite not being Christian?Help?
Ok, Mattxnc posted this as part of another discussion, and I didn't want to hijack that, so I thought I'd start a new one.His introduction states.This implies that man is good. But I had the understanding man had "original sin" that he had to atone for. If man is inherently good (since we are created by God), than isn't someone who just lives a good life Heaven-bound? If someone is Jewish for instance, and acknowledges God (just in a different way) but lives their life in a good way, then could they not make it into Heaven despite not being Christian?Help?
Yes this is actually rather easy to fix...If you go look in Genesis 1 and 2 you will see that man was made by God. But if you look at Genesis 3 you see the fall of man. Therefore in mans original form they were good..but they were corrupted by the devil after they were created thus the "original sin"
Yes this is actually rather easy to fix...If you go look in Genesis 1 and 2 you will see that man was made by God. But if you look at Genesis 3 you see the fall of man. Therefore in mans original form they were good..but they were corrupted by the devil after they were created thus the "original sin"
thanks for the explanation. that was a pretty easy one.is the "fall of man" the execution of christ?
thanks for the explanation. that was a pretty easy one.is the "fall of man" the execution of christ?
no that was the second chance for manThe fall of man was when the devil tempted eve initially to eat from the tree of knowledge and then adam following suit...for this they were kicked out of Eden