What Book/series Would You Like To See On The Small Screen?

After Peter Jackson's conversion of the LOTR Trilogy to the big screen, it got me thinking about what other books I'd like to see translated to the theaters or as a TV series. So post up your favorites here.My personal choice would be the Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin.Wikipedia LinkWhile I don't think it would not be an easy conversion, I think with the right backing it could be pulled off. HBO could do it right since the graphic nature of the books could be aired without pulling strings.

• 5 months later...

You know I keep thinking about this and if they made Robert Jordans "Wheel of Time" into a series it would be super Kick ***. With all the special effects they have these days.And if no one has read those books you can find all about them at www.tor.com

You know I keep thinking about this and if they made Robert Jordans "Wheel of Time" into a series it would be super Kick ***. With all the special effects they have these days.And if no one has read those books you can find all about them at www.tor.com
WOT died a horrible death after about book 4 or so.
WOT died a horrible death after about book 4 or so.
WHAT? How can you say that? It is the best series I have ever read period. Though i have read some reviews saying there were too many nobleman and too many other characters getting involved, but if you keep with the main characters and what is going on around them it is awesome. The first time I read it I couldn't get enough of it. I am reading the whole series over right now and it is still amazing to me. I think it would make great TV.Just my .02

only if there was a 100% chance that they would not get ruined:house of leaves by Danielewskicatcher in the rye by salingerheartbreaking work of staggering genius by eggers

only if there was a 100% chance that they would not get ruined:house of leaves by Danielewskicatcher in the rye by salingerheartbreaking work of staggering genius by eggers
MAking a movie of that book would be mission impossible. That book caused me a lot a sleep - I could hardly even say why -- something just deeply creepy and disturbing about it. But I guess thats the intention, so well done.
MAking a movie of that book would be mission impossible. That book caused me a lot a sleep - I could hardly even say why -- something just deeply creepy and disturbing about it. But I guess thats the intention, so well done.
never read anything like it. my friend got me to read it. its fukked up. i do agree that it would be near impossible to recreate.that guy has a new book coming out soon. looks just as crazy.
The Darktower books by King.
I am a Huge Stephen King fan but I have never read the Darktower series. I just know that I have been disappointed with all his other works that have been made into movies or mini series.I would love to see The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice made into movies if they could be done better than that last God Awful "Queen of the Damned"movie
  • 2 weeks later...
I am a Huge Stephen King fan but I have never read the Darktower series. I just know that I have been disappointed with all his other works that have been made into movies or mini series.I would love to see The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice made into movies if they could be done better than that last God Awful "Queen of the Damned"movie
Yeah I was really looking forward to Queen of the Damned...until I actually saw it. *retch* soo sooo baaaad.I couldn't agree more with you about the celluloid versions of his stories, with a possible exception of salem's lot with rob lowe. I saw on hsx that they were looking at making bag of bones into a movie, I'm optimistic but anxious about that. You should check out darktower, but don't read the 2nd ending if you get a version with the authors note's at the end. It's such a hack ending.I would love see the rest of the dune series done by the sci fi channel. I think they more right in that than the lynch movie.
The Darktower books by King.
I've read the first couple books in the series, but heard the ending was horrible so I have not bothered to finish it yet.
WHAT? How can you say that? It is the best series I have ever read period. Though i have read some reviews saying there were too many nobleman and too many other characters getting involved, but if you keep with the main characters and what is going on around them it is awesome. The first time I read it I couldn't get enough of it. I am reading the whole series over right now and it is still amazing to me. I think it would make great TV.Just my .02
I know a lot of people who have read both WOT and ASoI&F and none of them think WOT is even close in quality. Most of them enjoyed WOT but said if they read Martins work first it would make WOT look like a hack job.I seriously started getting bored with WOT by book 6, nothing new was happening. There is also a chance the series will go unfinished because the author has medical problems.
I've read the first couple books in the series, but heard the ending was horrible so I have not bothered to finish it yet.I know a lot of people who have read both WOT and ASoI&F and none of them think WOT is even close in quality. Most of them enjoyed WOT but said if they read Martins work first it would make WOT look like a hack job.I seriously started getting bored with WOT by book 6, nothing new was happening. There is also a chance the series will go unfinished because the author has medical problems.
I am always happy to be wrong with how good books are. Tonight I will get the first book of ASoI&F and check it out. It has some good critiques so I am all for it being better. And yes I read that about Robert Jordan. I hope he can beat it and get all the books done that he wants.
I am always happy to be wrong with how good books are. Tonight I will get the first book of ASoI&F and check it out. It has some good critiques so I am all for it being better. And yes I read that about Robert Jordan. I hope he can beat it and get all the books done that he wants.
I hope he gets over his health issues too. With all the work he has put into the series it would be a shame to see it go unfinished for both himself and his fans.Game of Thrones is an excellent read, it's a little heavy with the name dropping at first but once you get a sense of who everyone is and what they are about the story really flows. A Clash of Kings (the 2nd in the series) is good, but there isn't as much action as the first. A Storm of Swords however, may be the best fantasy book written. It totally got screwed in the awards that year by the latest Harry Potter book. Let me know what you think og the first book, I have read it 3 times now.What really sucks is that while good authors work is being ignored by hollywood for tv or film, they are making this this crap. For those that don't know Eragon was penned by a teenage kid who his publishing company is touting as a wunderkind. This story is filled with used up clichés from every popular fantasy series known to mankind. Watching the trailor for it you can tell he basically just watched Star Wars and LOTR back to back and threw together a story. Sadly, I may go see it just to support the genre. :club:

Ah...House of Leaves. They could never get that right in a million years.My vote's for Watchmen. A nice 12-part HBO miniseries would be slammin'. Instead it'll be made into a crappy movie. Count on it.

• 4 years later...

Interesting reading this with GoT debuting tonight on HBO.And there will be a Dark Tower movie and series done by Howard and Glazer. And definitely read the Dark Tower series Jad, the ending is fine. People just think it is chic to complain about the endings of almost all his books. I actually love the ending personally.

HBO optioned Niel Gaimons's American Gods in the last week, not sure if that's going to be a show or just a mini series. Either way it should be good. Now that I have a Ipad I find myself reading a lot more books so I'll probably get around to finishing the Dark Tower series eventually.