Three Of A Kind Aces, I Call Down.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxNo read, villain was new to the table. He was German, maybe that helps :club:Preflop: Hero is BB with [8h], [As]. UTG raises, 4 folds, Hero calls.Loose call out of the BB against an UTG raiser?Flop: (4.50 SB) [Ac], [4d], [Ah] (2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero calls.Turn: (3.25 BB) [7d] (2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero calls.River: (5.25 BB) [9d] (2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 7.25 BBDo i get this wa/wb thing or did i mess up brutally?

For WA/WB you need to donk the river.For this hand though I would like to get more money in the pot thoughI'm just undecided where to do it

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxNo read, villain was new to the table. He was German, maybe that helps :club:Preflop: Hero is BB with [8h], [As]. UTG raises, 4 folds, Hero calls.Loose call out of the BB against an UTG raiser?Flop: (4.50 SB) [Ac], [4d], [Ah] (2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero calls.Turn: (3.25 BB) [7d] (2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero calls.River: (5.25 BB) [9d] (2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 7.25 BBDo i get this wa/wb thing or did i mess up brutally?
Oh man, you did nothing to win this hand. I would have check raised the flop for sure. If you get re-raised, well, then you can re-evaluate... But, you may well have the best hand on the flop.
I understand you want him to keep betting a worse hand. Thats why I like the c/c on the flop and turn. but i think id b/c the river. I would be too worried of him checking behind with a pair.
Hmm i think bet calling is pretty bad. I think he will only raise me if he has me beat.
Loose call out of the BB against an UTG raiser?
UTG raises at this level do not necessarily mean great strength.I see plenty of KQ, KJ, JTs raises here.I don't fold this hand from the BBAnd against some opponents, I even get crazy and raise with it.Otherwise, I have to toss it when I miss the flop.If you are going to play the Wa/Wb game, you must bet the river.Otherwise, opponent will likely check behind and you lose a bet.And that would be a silly thing to let happen with trip aces.But personally, I often check raise the flop or turn.I only do this because there are so many loose players who wouldn't give me credit for an Ace (because there are 2 on board) and wouldn't be able to fold their pocket pairs.--cm
what is WA/WB?
Way-Ahead/Way-BehindBasically, your hand is crushing your opponent or your opponent's hand is crushing you.

Initially I thought it was far too passive to be check calling all the way, but the more I've thought about it, the more I like it. It's the best way to lose the least to the hands that are beating you, but gets the most out of the hands that you are beating. Check calling induces the villan to try to shake you off.

Point is, if he reraises im probably beat. If he is bluffing, i want him to continue to do so.
Raise the flop. He won't believe you have 3 aces and call down with a pocket pair. If he 3-bets, use your judgement. If you think he'll keep bluffing with something like KQ, calling to the river is fine. But those players are rare.If you do decide to call down, a check/call on the river is best if he will value bet something like QQ, and possibly bluff something like KQ. If you think he'll check behind wiht pp's, go ahead and bet/call.
Raise the flop. He won't believe you have 3 aces and call down with a pocket pair. If he 3-bets, use your judgement. If you think he'll keep bluffing with something like KQ, calling to the river is fine. But those players are rare.If you do decide to call down, a check/call on the river is best if he will value bet something like QQ, and possibly bluff something like KQ. If you think he'll check behind wiht pp's, go ahead and bet/call.
Couldn't have said it better.

I don't see why I should put more bets in to be honest. If I raise him, for example, on the turn...chances are quite big he will fold if he doesnt have an Ace.Ok, I might give him too much credit for making a possible laydwon, but still...I believe hands that crush me wil make it three ALWAYS...and hands that I have crushed MIGHT fold. And thats why I think there should be no raise anywhere in this hand.People that suggest donking the river..plz tell me why :club:-edit- Hmm just read Schreech his response.. he has some good points..ill think about that -edit-

I don't see why I should put more bets in to be honest. If I raise him, for example, on the turn...chances are quite big he will fold if he doesnt have an Ace.Ok, I might give him too much credit for making a possible laydwon, but still...I believe hands that crush me wil make it three ALWAYS...and hands that I have crushed MIGHT fold. And thats why I think there should be no raise anywhere in this hand.People that suggest donking the river..plz tell me why :club:-edit- Hmm just read Schreech his response.. he has some good points..ill think about that -edit-
Why are you assuming he has an ace? And if i get check raised on that flop with 55 to KK I'm not folding the flop. If he three bets you, it's probably not that bad. You definitely missed a bet or two. and you have to call any river raise. Why try making big folds against an unknown when you played so passively? A donk bet looks suspicious, enough players will raise the river with an angry KJ to justify calling.
Why are you assuming he has an ace? And if i get check raised on that flop with 55 to KK I'm not folding the flop. If he three bets you, it's probably not that bad. You definitely missed a bet or two. and you have to call any river raise. Why try making big folds against an unknown when you played so passively? A donk bet looks suspicious, enough players will raise the river with an angry KJ to justify calling.
Im not assuming he has an ace. Im just saying, if ill raise him somewhere..an ace will make it three. Anything else but an ace might fold along the way. If I donk the river, how often will a pair raise me? How often will three aces raise me? 'A donk bet looks suspicious, enough players will raise the river with an angry KJ to justify calling.'What do you mean by that?-edit- Hmm the more i think about, the more i think we should actually raise the river. There is only one ace left in the deck, and i think we can assume that KK, QQ. JJ, TT are paying off...maybe some other small pp's. Donking still doesnt look good to me. -edit-