9 Handed Donkfest

Alright guys tonight my sister's boyfriend and his dorm buddies are getting together a 9 person or so tournament where winner takes all but second getting their buyin back. This is going to be the third or fourht time i have been to this game and for soem reason i cannot make it deep in this tournament. All of these people in this game have no idea of any of the math or logic dealing with the game and i still lose to them. They play almost everyhand and more often than not you see jack six making fullhouses to take pots. I knew that these gusy were loose before i played in this game because my friends had played with them before. Logically i thought the best way to win this was to play tight get an image and take them out with monster hands. Well i tried that and with an increasing blind structure every 15 minutes it is real hard to get chips and i keep going out in the middle of the pack. Last week i decided to se a lot more flops and try to win big pots with drawing hands and that didint work either. I realize that with this blind structure luck can be a big factor but i should still be geting to the end of this tourney every time. How would you guys play a bunch of college kids who call everyhand preflop?Do i play tight and hope to get my money in when i have a monster and risk the high mocing blind structure or do i play lots of marginal hands and try to outplay them when i hit big draws?How do you guys play against veryt loose oopponets in a winner take all tournament?

See cheap flops, see cheap turns, see cheap rivers.If at any point in the hand you have a hand that you know is good, push all-in.Bring a pair of dark sunglasses with you and put them on all suave when you announce that you're all-in. Don't budge when they are trying to "read" you. They will think you are bluffing everytime.

See cheap flops, see cheap turns, see cheap rivers.If at any point in the hand you have a hand that you know is good, push all-in.Bring a pair of dark sunglasses with you and put them on all suave when you announce that you're all-in. Don't budge when they are trying to "read" you. They will think you are bluffing everytime.
Seriously, go with this

Do spit-takes of beer on them to psyche them out.Say "How could you call with that? You donkey!" and storm outValue bet your marginal handsRead spoilers on the Internet for the TV shows they like and then, during a crucial hand, tell them who's going to die next on Lost.Tell them "You have no idea who you're playing with. I've made over 6 dollars playing online poker."They'll be intimidated, and you can cruise to victory.

Do spit-takes of beer on them to psyche them out.Say "How could you call with that? You donkey!" and storm outValue bet your marginal handsRead spoilers on the Internet for the TV shows they like and then, during a crucial hand, tell them who's going to die next on Lost.Tell them "You have no idea who you're playing with. I've made over 6 dollars playing online poker."They'll be intimidated, and you can cruise to victory.
Your attempt at humor has failed.

See cheap flops, etc... is great advice, even if u hold crap., if its cheap. see it.also dont make any preflop raises from early positions (unless its a big hand) cuz you are liable to be pushed off it.and finally, wait for good cards and make your stand preflop, at least once. Pray that you are goin into the board as a 2 to 1 fav or better and hope it holds.its hard to win hands in these things post flop, i wouldnt get cute at anytime, and always, always try to maximize your pots.if u think u have the best hand, get your money in.

I know how you feel. People here at my college play the same way. I usually play pretty tight and when I do catch cards they call me anyway and that's how I get a stack. Then that leaves me more room to bluff when I have the bigger stack. If I don't get any cards then I can still bluff these guys at the right time usually to take pots. Or just see everything cheap and make them pay when you have something. GL

Not only is it funny that your sister's "donkey" boyfriend is cleaning you out but he's probably using your money to buy the rubbers that he wears while he knocks the bottom out of your sister.Looks like your the donkey, donkey!I suggest you stick with 10/20 fixed play money on Fulltilt.MM

Not only is it funny that your sister's "donkey" boyfriend is cleaning you out but he's probably using your money to buy the rubbers that he wears while he knocks the bottom out of your sister.Looks like your the donkey, donkey!I suggest you stick with 10/20 fixed play money on Fulltilt.MM
nh
I dont know why i wrote that becuase he is my girlfriends brother. But anyway i donked off again dumpin all of my chips off with ace jack to ace queen. Finnaly donkey pushes the action with a real hand. Real unlucky because the guy was overplayign his hands all night and this one time i pushed on an ace high flop and he had it. I dont think i am going back to this game as it is somewhat boring and we have to play on a pool table and it is annoying. It is uncomfortable as hell. The funniest thing to happen all night was it got folded around to me on the button and i looked at ten 4 and decided to make a move since the blidns were huge. Well my buddy calls from the big and i know he was on medicore cards at best. The flop was 9 ten somethign he checks i check turn is a two he checks i bet another two k and the river brings another nine and i push for only 4k more. My buddy thinks awhile and says i am folding best hand and shows a two. I laugh and show him ten four and he laughs and then shows me that he called my big raise with 23. IF i go back there i am going to try and convince these kids to play some sort of cash game. Maybe when each chip has some real value the kids will get off some of the hands. Also this way if i get short stacked i can just buyin again and bust them with a monster.
I dont know why i wrote that becuase he is my girlfriends brother. But anyway i donked off again dumpin all of my chips off with ace jack to ace queen. Finnaly donkey pushes the action with a real hand. Real unlucky because the guy was overplayign his hands all night and this one time i pushed on an ace high flop and he had it. I dont think i am going back to this game as it is somewhat boring and we have to play on a pool table and it is annoying. It is uncomfortable as hell. The funniest thing to happen all night was it got folded around to me on the button and i looked at ten 4 and decided to make a move since the blidns were huge. Well my buddy calls from the big and i know he was on medicore cards at best. The flop was 9 ten somethign he checks i check turn is a two he checks i bet another two k and the river brings another nine and i push for only 4k more. My buddy thinks awhile and says i am folding best hand and shows a two. I laugh and show him ten four and he laughs and then shows me that he called my big raise with 23. IF i go back there i am going to try and convince these kids to play some sort of cash game. Maybe when each chip has some real value the kids will get off some of the hands. Also this way if i get short stacked i can just buyin again and bust them with a monster.
Ace jack? no wonder you cant win.perhaps you need to read a book or two before you ask question on how to beat these guys.sounds to me like you're letting any kind of "luck" become a factor. and its giving you a pounding.Much like the one Matusow explained
Ace jack? no wonder you cant win.perhaps you need to read a book or two before you ask question on how to beat these guys.sounds to me like you're letting any kind of "luck" become a factor. and its giving you a pounding.Much like the one Matusow explained
It was five handed and i was short stacked, believe me i thought this was an excellent time to get all my chips in. Earlier the same guy doubled somone up with ace four. O and to your comment on reading books, i own five poker books and read and reread them all the time.
It was five handed and i was short stacked, believe me i thought this was an excellent time to get all my chips in. Earlier the same guy doubled somone up with ace four. O and to your comment on reading books, i own five poker books and read and reread them all the time.
Then start looking at the pictures.
Dude, see a cheap flop with a hand like AJ. Don't push anything hard preflop unless it is a premium pocket pair or AK, you're not going to get enough of these guys out and no hand is that big of a favorite preflop.You should never ever be shortstacked if you play the way I and others have said to play early against players like these.
Holy shi.t that is funny. I'm crying thinking of the OP reading this.

This OP reminds of my family home games which come every holiday (ie Thanksgiving, Christmas etc) My family reminds me of the guys you play with and to put yourself in the best position to win you must play solid. Don't bother bluffing because they will call the majority of the time. Follow the rules of KISS (Keep it simple stupid)