Deep Stack Full House River Decision

3/6 NL, 1700 stacks. 6 handed. Suits unimportant.Villain is TAG, solid player, doesn't get out of line. I am a bit erratic, stealing pots that I know he will fold.Villain raises UTG to 21, all fold to me. I call with K :icon_suit_club: 9 :icon_suit_club: Flop is K66, check, checkTurn is K, I lead out for 40, he calls. River is 9, giving me the nut full house, and second nut hand.I lead out for 125, expecting a raise as I feel he has a K here often. Sure enough he raises, but only makes it 275. Here I have a dilemna, because a flat call is losing value far to often to be correct, but also because we are playing nearly 300BB, and a reraise is playing for the whole stack.What is your play? Please explain. Results to follow.

You called a raise with K9 =\.There's almost no worse hand to call with from an UTG raise.Anyway, I'd probably raise. In fact, I'd all-in it. He's going to think he is calling to chop and maybe will think you are trying to depher the tough decision to him (which you are) with the same hand (which you don't have).But calling a raise from UTG with K9 is -EV sir.

But calling a raise from UTG with K9 is -EV sir.
I don't play much no limit, and while I agree K9, even suited, HU to a raise is likely trailing and often dominated.But, we have 1700, surely calling 1.3% of that to see a flop is ok?Deep stack strategy pretty much nullifies these petty preflop decisions, no?
I don't play much no limit, and while I agree K9, even suited, HU to a raise is likely trailing and often dominated.But, we have 1700, surely calling 1.3% of that to see a flop is ok?Deep stack strategy pretty much nullifies these petty preflop decisions, no?
Depends how good you are at putting down hands post-flop.

You have to reraise here. Theres no question. You say this player is TAG and raised from under the gun.... Is he really raising with 66? If hes TAG and plays A B C poker hes playing AK, Aces, Kings, Queens, ect. very little chance he has quads. If he does have the sixes then good luck to him, but I would absolutely put in a raise.

Just to further emphasize:UTG Has Ak, AQ, 77-AA.We are 45/55 to 88-99We are 25/75 to TT-AA and K10 - KAI don't care how much of your stack you are calling a raise with, you're behind in all cases. There's not one case where you're calling and ahead.
Just to further emphasize:UTG Has Ak, AQ, 77-AA.We are 45/55 to 88-99We are 25/75 to TT-AA and K10 - KAI don't care how much of your stack you are calling a raise with, you're behind in all cases. There's not one case where you're calling and ahead.
ok..now I can debate. :club: Are you calling an all in or just a fraction of your stack?Because if we are all in, then it matters that we are trailing.Otherwise, no so much.Your turn!take it slow with me, I play limit.
3/6 NL, 1700 stacks. 6 handed. Suits unimportant.Villain is TAG, solid player, doesn't get out of line. I am a bit erratic, stealing pots that I know he will fold.Villain raises UTG to 21, all fold to me. I call with K :icon_suit_club: 9 :icon_suit_club: Flop is K66, check, checkTurn is K, I lead out for 40, he calls. River is 9, giving me the nut full house, and second nut hand.I lead out for 125, expecting a raise as I feel he has a K here often. Sure enough he raises, but only makes it 275. Here I have a dilemna, because a flat call is losing value far to often to be correct, but also because we are playing nearly 300BB, and a reraise is playing for the whole stack.What is your play? Please explain. Results to follow.
At this point you are trying to extract as many chips as possible. I think the best way to increase the long run value is by moving all in here. If he's got a king, you're getting paid off enough to compensate for all the other times he fold his six or ace high. A six or an ace high will likely fold anyways to a raise, unless it is a min raise, which is an unprofitable play. All in...
it's 6 handed, calling a raise isn't horrible with this hand
What he said.
You say this player is TAG and raised from under the gun.... Is he really raising with 66? If hes TAG and plays A B C poker hes playing AK, Aces, Kings, Queens, ect. very little chance he has quads.
We're six-handed.Master, QJs could raise here "UTG" in a 6-handed game. I'm not saying that I'd frequently make the call...but there are some hands that we're ahead of.
K9 is the king of all trap hands, but with deep enough stacks and a crappy enough opponent, anything goes. Push here. He usually calls with a king. And the payoff of when he does is huge.
Ding.Oh, and BTW; calling a 3.5 x BB raise with K9s, six handed, isn't horrendous. I'd prefer to have it in position, but, whatever. I'd rather see that then the hero take it from 21 to 36. Just sayin'.

You must be prepared to lose your stack with this hand. The fact that the stacks are deep should bring a smile to your face when you see that river 9. You should not be scared of quads. As you said, you have the 2nd nut hand and your hand is very deceptive because he can not put you on a bigger boat if all he holds is a king.Your play is reraise either all in or 3/4 of your stack. He must call with any king and you win a huge pot. You are correct in saying you lose too much value if you dont raise here. If he has quads then so be it. Thats poker.

I'm also of the opinion that a call with K9c here isn't horrible, but I don't play a ton of 6 handed.I'm a bit confused as to what everyone thinks the raiser has here. Everyone is giving him credit for a K, but the hand didn't seem to play out like he had one. (He checked behind on the flop, and then just called the turn when he had the option to raise). Granted, I can see some logic in this line, but I wouldn't say its standard. What it is standard for is for someone who has flopped quads though.That being said, is he the type of player here who might think you're betting A high or a pair of 9s, and reraise with JJ or QQ or something? I dunno. But I agree with the consensus, that a push here will get called by a K and you'll run into that enough for it to be the right play.Mark

IFFFF you are gonna plya K-9 suited to an UTG raise.....then you are essentially trying to hit a flop real good and win a big pot....thus..when you make the 2nd nuts (with the villian actually holding the nuts being extremely unlikely), GET ALL IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If you honestly hesitate with this hand being scared of him turning over 66....then just never play poker again. Sure, once in a blue moon he will turn over the nuts...but 99 times out of 100 he doesn't and you are going to get called by any King every time................raise. I honestly don't even see how you can even pose this question........Villian very likely has AK.

Im either pushing or leading for a thousand or so with full intention to calling his push. If your really going to flat call this your playing the wrong game and most likely way over your head. The way he plays this really looks like he might have quads but there is no way you can lay this down, or just flatcall. Im expecting to see AK and other K type hands enough to make this VERY profitable.

That small raise on the river really looks like a king in that he's trying to extract a small amount of value because he knows that it's going to be hard for a worse hand to call. A good player would be jamming with quads there to try to force you to call with your full house.I think it's definitely time for you to put the decision on him and go all-in yourself. It's going to be extremely difficult for him to lay down a king with this much invested, and you're going to run into that a lot more than you'll run into quads.This hand actually reminds me a lot of one the biggest pots I ever lost where I had the nut full house and I did lose to quads, but I don't think you can worry about that here. There's just nothing to indicate that he has quads here. If he has both sixes, he has to think you have a king, and if that's the case that small raise is just absolutely awful. I'd be happy to put my money in in this spot.Oh, and anyone who plays 6-max NL relatively deep-stacked knows that the K9s call is just fine. UTG could have anything from 22 to 56s to T9o. If you're a good player postflop, there's nothing wrong with defending here.