• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mrs. Mac!   I'm watching this show finally. Considering my semi-infatuation with Mormonism, I'm surprised it's taken me so long to watch it. Just finished season 2.

you were warned

yeah, most people are boring and lead boring, unremarkable lives. That would make one hell of a show.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it just me or is Alby gonna smother Roman soon. Hes got that little taste of power and when Roman tries to take it back, boom. BYE BYE ROMAN.
Yea then make love to the corpse. That Alby is one creepy dude.
  • 2 weeks later...
I was not ready for this to be the season finale.. The episode was really good too.. Booo!!
Hopefully they dont pull a Sopranos on us and make us wait 18 months for another season. Actually I am getting ahead of myself is there gonna be another season? You never know with HBO.
Hopefully they dont pull a Sopranos on us and make us wait 18 months for another season. Actually I am getting ahead of myself is there gonna be another season? You never know with HBO.
I was thinking the exact same thing about the 18 months. That would suck
I was thinking the exact same thing about the 18 months. That would suck
The 18 months with Sopranos had a lot to do with money issues for the cast that took a long time to sort out. I doubt they have the same problems with this show.
The 18 months with Sopranos had a lot to do with money issues for the cast that took a long time to sort out. I doubt they have the same problems with this show.
Yeah I know it had more to do with the cast.. but I still wouldn't put it past HBO hehe
HBO Stays in Love
In HBO's first major programming move since it changed regimes, the pay net has renewed "Big Love" for a third season.Net has picked up 12 episodes of the show, in which Bill Paxton and Chloe Sevigny star as members of a polygamous family in Utah. Writing is set to begin next month; lensing is skedded for November.The renewal, which comes earlier than expected, will ensure the season is completed and ready to air by the time a possible labor stoppage shuts down production in June.
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

OK - holy shit

Selma Green was a woman.

Seems obvious now, but holy crap.

Mrs. Mac!

I'm watching this show finally. Considering my semi-infatuation with Mormonism, I'm surprised it's taken me so long to watch it. Just finished season 2.

• Like 1

So far I'm a huge fan of the cast.

Bill's mom, Lois, might be a murderer, but she is a great character. As is Bruce Dern, Bill's Dad.

I think crazy Wanda might be my favorite, and that doesn't even touch on the main cast, which are all great in their own way.

Nikki is a total screw up and has personally caused almost everyone's problems, but I still like her somehow.

The kids are my least favorite, like the oldest boy, Rhonda, and Sarah, but whatever.

I'll let you know once I finish.

I suggest you stop after season 3 and pretend HBO cancelled the show without any major resolutions.

I don't remember any HBO show jumping the shark as badly as Big Love.

Oh man. Season 4 episode 1 was super terrible. I'm really worried. Them playing games with Roman's body was so stupid. The Blackfoot subplot is hilariously bad.

Ben is just as bad as Dexter's sister, and that is saying something.

I'm thinking about quitting.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished.

I'm glad I watched it for the Mormon angle. It's was accurate and interesting throughout the entire series. The Plots were hilariously stupid though.

5000 years from now if HBO shows are playing in museums, future people and aliens will be convinced that every person on Earth was gay or bisexual. It's almost laughable how much HBO includes that in shows like this, GOT, or The Wire. But it's already been established that the plots aren't going for realism. They are still good shows.

As a non-conservative, how does something like the Wire come across to you? Does it seem shoe-horned in or a realistic potrayal of gangsters in Baltimore?

I am on record saying that I am pro-gay marriage as a political stance. I don't view being gay as "extra wrong" or anything like that. I'm speaking from strictly a realism standpoint. I'm willing to hear that my perception is off.

I think there's absolutely nothing unusual about a lesbian cop. Omar is unusual, I'll grant you, but he's based on an actual gay Baltimore gangster, so apparently that does happen. Rawls was the only gay thing on the wire that I found to be gratuitous in the way you're talking about.,

The reason I said " That's our brvy" is that of all the things you could have brought up about Big Love, that was the issue you wanted to grind on. I just thought it was funny. The amount of homosexuals in shows and infidelity are two of your entertainment quirks.