Does God Exist In Arizona?

Heck yeah! Thought I'd share a little of my trip.Took the wife to Sedona (the scenery alone leaves no doubt that there is a power much greater than us in charge). 14 year wedding anniversary so we decided to celebrate and drive 2 hours north to Oak Creek Canyon.I drive an Acura TL and since I live in the desert I had very sticky tires put on it. These are basically slicks and they handle like a dream. Not meant for snow though. Hence the reason I brought it up.So up we go to Sedona and what do you know? They get a once in a 10 year snow storm! There I am driving up along an icey snake of a 2 lane road full of switch backs, on the edge of Oak Creek canyon sliding around like a damn hockey puck...at NIGHT! You think my wife and I weren't praying the whole way up that road?At one point I am spinning around like a top and end up driving on the opposite side of the road BACKWARDS! A plow truck had just passed going the other way and was spreading salt. I could no longer go forward (no traction whatsoever) so I decided to stay in the opposite lane but could only do it in reverse as there was no where to turn around. I am now facing traffic but going in the same direction, with my head out in the freezing snow to see back. It was insane.I drove over quarter mile backwards until I got to a safe spot to turn it around. And only by the grace of God (and my amazing road skills, lol) did we eventually get out of there. We did eventually have an amazing weekend (it never stopped snowing, over 2 feet of it at our condo!) and trust me man, prayer was involved for much of it.It's amazing how much we take for granted some times and it's moments like this that really make you pause and be thankful.Peace!

Heck yeah! Thought I'd share a little of my trip.Took the wife to Sedona (the scenery alone leaves no doubt that there is a power much greater than us in charge). 14 year wedding anniversary so we decided to celebrate and drive 2 hours north to Oak Creek Canyon.I drive an Acura TL and since I live in the desert I had very sticky tires put on it. These are basically slicks and they handle like a dream. Not meant for snow though. Hence the reason I brought it up.So up we go to Sedona and what do you know? They get a once in a 10 year snow storm! There I am driving up along an icey snake of a 2 lane road full of switch backs, on the edge of Oak Creek canyon sliding around like a damn hockey puck...at NIGHT! You think my wife and I weren't praying the whole way up that road?At one point I am spinning around like a top and end up driving on the opposite side of the road BACKWARDS! A plow truck had just passed going the other way and was spreading salt. I could no longer go forward (no traction whatsoever) so I decided to stay in the opposite lane but could only do it in reverse as there was no where to turn around. I am now facing traffic but going in the same direction, with my head out in the freezing snow to see back. It was insane.I drove over quarter mile backwards until I got to a safe spot to turn it around. And only by the grace of God (and my amazing road skills, lol) did we eventually get out of there. We did eventually have an amazing weekend (it never stopped snowing, over 2 feet of it at our condo!) and trust me man, prayer was involved for much of it.It's amazing how much we take for granted some times and it's moments like this that really make you pause and be thankful.Peace!
Did you not think to actually stop driving instead? I mean, whats the worst that happens. You block the road a bit and take some abuse. But no, you decide to keep on driving, putting your life and the life of others at risk...Maybe if you thought for yourself once in a while you wouldn't need to pray.Just sayin
Did you not think to actually stop driving instead? I mean, whats the worst that happens. You block the road a bit and take some abuse. But no, you decide to keep on driving, putting your life and the life of others at risk...Maybe if you thought for yourself once in a while you wouldn't need to pray.Just sayin
What a waste of a post. Just sayin.
What a waste of a post. Just sayin.
How is it a waste?Telling him to drive safely and sensibly instead of endangering innocent lives and calling it a good thing because they prayed!?!Next time he might just think a bit.
How is it a waste?Telling him to drive safely and sensibly instead of endangering innocent lives and calling it a good thing because they prayed!?!Next time he might just think a bit.
The fact of the matter is I never thought I'd be driving in snow! No one saw a storm of this magnitude coming. It was truly a freak event. The tires I have are fine in rain but useless on snow and ice. The point of the post was irony. We were enjoying Gods splendor in one of the most beautiful places on earth and at the same time praying that we wouldn't die there.
For someone that thinks God is so dumb, you sure spend a lot of time on the religion boards. I think we should start praying for you canada. I'm in. You are obviously seeking God, as he continues to bring you back to a place you deem stupid and crazy. This will be fun... enjoy the crazy changes God will bring into your life.

I think that Canada's question has merit.Some reasons why you don't stop however:1. No safe place to pull over - stopping in the middle of a two lane road invites someone to plow into the back of your car.2. It's freezing, by the time you can safely navigate the road you're an icecube inside of your car.Best solution would be to have better planning - check the weather before you start. Yes, I know that it almost never snows in Arizona (has it ever this century?)Glad you and your wife made it safely, Nutz!

I think that Canada's question has merit.Some reasons why you don't stop however:1. No safe place to pull over - stopping in the middle of a two lane road invites someone to plow into the back of your car.2. It's freezing, by the time you can safely navigate the road you're an icecube inside of your car.
3. What are you supposed to do, sleep in your car? Or ditch it and walk?
For someone that thinks God is so dumb, you sure spend a lot of time on the religion boards. I think we should start praying for you canada. I in. You are obviously seeking God, as he continues to bring you back to a place you deem stupid and crazy. This will be fun... enjoy the crazy changes God will bring into your life.
I actually don't think God is dumb. Its the folks who post stupid illogical statements 'proving' God exists that I have a problem with.I have a low tolerance for fools of any kind let alone those that preach
I think that Canada's question has merit.Some reasons why you don't stop however:1. No safe place to pull over - stopping in the middle of a two lane road invites someone to plow into the back of your car.2. It's freezing, by the time you can safely navigate the road you're an icecube inside of your car.Best solution would be to have better planning - check the weather before you start. Yes, I know that it almost never snows in Arizona (has it ever this century?)Glad you and your wife made it safely, Nutz!
3. What are you supposed to do, sleep in your car? Or ditch it and walk?
C'mon guys. There is almost always somewhere safe to stop. Cars have heaters.People have phones.There are always passing motoristsOf all the options, driving on with low grip, eventually spinning through 180, endangering other peoples lives has to be the worst.
  • 5 months later...

I hate to bring up such an old topic but I have to agree stopping is NOT an option on the road up Oak Creek Canyon. Even when dry people screw up driving on it.

I think God would've been much happier if you had a set of chains in your car (just in case). Instead you put him through all that hard work of navigating your car through an ice-storm and bending the laws of physics. You probably took his attention away from deciding the outcome of our local high school football teams' play-off game.edit: Sorry....didn't realize this topic was so old - just saw it on the 1st page near the top and responded. 'Tis an interesting subject though.

I am browsing this topic for the first time, seeking God, seeking answers. And what do I find? Some guy writing in his diary that he drove on a slick road. WOW!! How enlightening!! Now I can feel free to give the church my hard earned cash every Sunday. Hell, maybe twice on Sunday. Oops, the word "Hell" slipped out. Oh well, maybe I'll empty my savings account too and ship it to the church.

I'm amazed at how you suck in pretty much every thread, no matter when or about what.
Look in the mirror today? Don't like what you see? Not my fault. You were created that way. Just put on a hat, try not to smile to much and go about your merry way like the rest of the ugly people.
Look in the mirror today? Don't like what you see? Not my fault. You were created that way. Just put on a hat, try not to smile to much and go about your merry way like the rest of the ugly people.
Way to pull a Limbaugh. Chelsea Clinton was the white house dog, you say?
LOL! he says (rightfully) that your posts are worthless and you respond by calling him ugly? hahahahahahaon a serious note if you would like to attend hardkorbeatz's school of flaming that will be just $99.95
LOL! he says (rightfully) that your posts are worthless and you respond by calling him ugly? hahahahahahaon a serious note if you would like to attend hardkorbeatz's school of flaming that will be just $99.95
Countdown till you get banned starting about now...

Okay first, a MAN is driving with his WIFE, and you expect him to pull over instead of putting his head out of the window and driving backwars in the sleet and snow like a STUNT DRIVER?Man up boys, Nutz did the only thing a man in his position can do. Tell his wife he's got this and keep moving without asking directions. Crystal clear.

Way to pull a Limbaugh. Chelsea Clinton was the white house dog, you say?
Come on Chelsea was a bit 'hard on the eyes'. To say different is just being political.And btw, as a ditto head and long time LISTENER of Rush, he was illustrating how the press and the left can mock the looks of Linda Trip, Paula Jones, etc and gets a pass, but if the right says something about the way a Dem looks, then they are petty and evil.The press was so much more respectful of Bush's family's right to privacy with Bush's daughters weren't they? Or how about Bill Maher? Or Leno, Or Letterman? They showed great restraint. But since Rush made a joke about Chelsea, then Bush's daughters deserve to be made fun of. Hillary has big thighs too, therefore she can never be president.