Too Deep Philosophically?

Basically what I'm asking is if God knows that there's a chance that we could go to hell, why would He create us?If hell is the worst thing that could ever exist, and we could spend an eternity there, why would He do that to us? I mean, if there's even a chance of it, I would much rather go without existing. A compassionate God would do whatever he could to prevent something like that from happening to his creation, wouldnt He?I mean, it's not like any of us asked to be created, and then hell happens? That would be a real kick in the balls (which is sort of what I imagine happening in hell, just constant kicks to the balls).Discuss.

Basically what I'm asking is if God knows that there's a chance that we could go to hell, why would He create us?If hell is the worst thing that could ever exist, and we could spend an eternity there, why would He do that to us? I mean, if there's even a chance of it, I would much rather go without existing. A compassionate God would do whatever he could to prevent something like that from happening to his creation, wouldnt He?I mean, it's not like any of us asked to be created, and then hell happens? That would be a real kick in the balls (which is sort of what I imagine happening in hell, just constant kicks to the balls).Discuss.
I have asked that question to myself so many times, with no real answers, because there are none. I think that the answer lies in nature itself- for every action there is an equal but opposite reaction. In order for there to be good, there must be evil. I think that it just had to be that way. That's about as good as I can do for you.
I have asked that question to myself so many times, with no real answers, because there are none. I think that the answer lies in nature itself- for every action there is an equal but opposite reaction. In order for there to be good, there must be evil. I think that it just had to be that way. That's about as good as I can do for you.
I'm not sure if I'm questioning God's existence, but maybe I am. I think I'm just questioning why God would put us through that. If that, in itself, is a contradiction to the existence of God, maybe I should write a book about it, make millions.WB/MM

I think he created us cause he wanted someone to love, someone that is like him. In his perfect world we would all reckognize his name, but since the fall of man, people have fallen away from God. Heaven is for those who reckognize that he is God. He has done things to prevent us from going to hell. He has revealed himself in many ways. One way is that he came to earth as a servant so that we know he is God and knowing that Jesus is the perfect sacrifice we are forgiven because we are reckognizing who God is. (Sorry for sounding so very repititious :club:) but that shows that God cares a lot about us and doesnt want us to go to hell.-Chris

Its a good question so lets look at some situations:1. Could God have created us without free will? Yes but what would that accomplish? We would all follow Him without question and we would never really have an emotional attachment in any way. We would follow b/c thats what we were programmed to do. 2. God could have us all go to heaven. Yes but the problem is this. People openly rebel against God but then expect Him to accept them into His kingdom. Wouldnt it appear like He was weak to allow us to do whatever we want but that once we are done sinning against Him, He will still allow us in...Who would respect a God that did that? 3. Finally we come to this situation. God creates man giving them a chance to do right or wrong. Is it a risk? Absolutely but b/c of this risk we know what true love is. We know what its like to live for something unconditionally. We can turn to His example to see what love is. To die for His creation is the ultimate act of love. Now will people still turn away? Yes b/c He has to allow that in order to find those who truly love Him. Does He want anybody to go to hell? of course not but you must allow people to decide on thier own

True love? All you need is love, right?That's a good touchy feely way to explain it. I guess if you believe in that type of thing, power to ya.I'm probably just not feelin' the love.