Favorite All-time Athlete?

The topic title says it all.I have to go with Mario Lemieux on this one. Not only did he bring 2 Cups to Pittsburgh, he saved the team (temp?) from leaving the city.Hines Ward would be a close 2nd. How can you not love this guy?

Overall - Cal Ripken Jr. Surprising, as I'm really not a baseball person at all. He was bigger than the game, just an overall great person. Plus, he got his start as a Rochester Red Wing, which doesn't hurt!Hockey - Scott StevensFootball - Bruce SmithBasketball - Michael Jordan

When I was a kid I love Greg Pruitt and Austin CarrMichael is the athlete I'm most happy to have seenAll time I'd say Muhammad Ali, Jackie Robinson, Casey Stengal, Walter Payton

George Brett was a confirmed cheater! Pine tar half way up the bat = cheating. You dislike bonds because he is suspected of taking steroids yet you list a cheater as one of your favourites...interesting.

George Brett was a confirmed cheater! Pine tar half way up the bat = cheating. You dislike bonds because he is suspected of taking steroids yet you list a cheater as one of your favourites...interesting.
lolplus he was known to play on hemheroid cream which suspiciously sounds like steroid
You mean like the movie Rad?
More like the concept of being Rad . He invented that before the movie. You had to be their when He would hit the track. He would explode! The guy was gnarly bad ass Radical. those terms where the bmx culture descrbing him. Maybe Bob Haro contributes a lill too. But Harry was innovative crazy before we knew what to call it.
Lol...yeah..except for after Brett was called out for that incident..MLB stepped in and OVERTURNED that decision and said the umpire's ruling was bullsh*t and forced them to replay the game starting from that point...so looks like he was cleared of all wrongdoing to me. Also, everyone knows that Brett wasn't a cheater...your attempts to rile me have failed.

Favorite of all time is Steve Yzerman. In the modern ages of sports, he's been with the same team for 22 years, and has been captain for 19 years. I've met him in person once, great guy, very nice. He was definitely a role model of mine growing up playing hockey.Gordie Howe comes a close 2nd.Behind him, John Daly. Yes, golf on a competitive level is a sport.

the captainnumber 11

Kevin Johnson (Phoenix Suns PG variety). Great player, great person, great in the community. The KJ/Majerle/Chambers days were the best.

Michael Jordon probably, Pele is a close second though. I think Bo Jackson might be the most impressive athlete I have ever seen though, guy was a freak of nature so he gets a little shoutout.