22 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the NBA MVP?

• Steve Nash
    • Lebron James
    • Elton Brand
    • Kobe Bryant
    • Dirk Nowitzki
    • Other

Have you ever watched him play? Totally a 1-man show, he has no intentions of making his team better. Lots of 1 on 3, spin move, fade away, that-will-look-good-on-Sportscenter-if-it-goes-in type of crap. He should not get an MVP until he changes his game, he has time, but I doubt it will happen
I don't see how anyone is voting for him in this thread. Being the best player on a horrible team doesn't make you an MVP. If they make the playoffs they might win 1 game if they are lucky.

I think this is an interesting issue What if you have the greatest basketball player ever playing with a team of midgets If he's without a doubt the best player in the league and he plays his ass off every night - is he automatically excluded from winning MVP just because his team has no chance to win the championship?Not saying the Lakers are that bad but in that case the good players only chance to win the game is by shooting every time

No Chauncy Billups, you'd think best record in the NBA was atleast worth a mention.I say Steve Nash. Incredible stats and a great record for a team that everyone thought would be crippled by injuries.

No Chauncy Billups, you'd think best record in the NBA was atleast worth a mention.I say Steve Nash. Incredible stats and a great record for a team that everyone thought would be crippled by injuries.
The reason I wouldnt look at Billups is simply everyone knows that is a complete team with no real weak links, thats why they are so good. I don't really see him as any better than Rip or TP. I actually think that Rip is probably the most overlooked player on that team, he is the 2k version of Reggie Miller.And Keith, typically MVP's come from winning teams. If Kobe was scoring 28 and pulling down a few extra boards and 8+ assists a game and they were in the top 4-5 of the conference I think he would be a legit consideration.
That being said...I was/am still under the impression that Amare wants to come back and that he will come back....we'll see.
I hope Amare does come back right before the playoffs. Then the Suns will get run over as they try to make their adjustments. Don't get me wrong, Amare is a great player. But there is no way he can come back in 5 games. He won't be up to speed by then, and the team won't be used to him being there.--RuffRidr
I hope Amare does come back right before the playoffs. Then the Suns will get run over as they try to make their adjustments. Don't get me wrong, Amare is a great player. But there is no way he can come back in 5 games. He won't be up to speed by then, and the team won't be used to him being there.--RuffRidr
It depends on what capacity Amare comes back in. If he does make an appearance this season, it's not (if the Suns' management is smart) going to be as a 40+ minute per game starter. And it's not like the Suns haven't been adjusting to a continuously different lineup all year, between juggling Diaw/Bell/Jones/House until Diaw found his groove, Grant's injury, Thomas' injury, and the initial adjustment to not having Stoudemire in the first place.If Amare comes back and plays about 20 minutes off the bench, I don't see how it doesn't help the Suns. They'll limit his post play and have him run the pick and roll with Nash until opponents are blue in the face. And who are they going to get run over by in the first or second round? Denver? The Clippers? He'd have at least eight games to be ready for the Spurs/Mavs, and that's assuming he doesn't come back by the end of the year (about even money at this point).

I seriously think Steve Nash is the MVP. He is having a better season than he did last season and he's doing it without Amare. If last year qualififes as an MVP season then he's definetely having one this year too.

I'm in the minority here (among people defending their replies), as I like Kobe for the MVP. Without him, the Lakers are the worst team in the NBA. Odom would be their leading scorer and they'd be lucky to win 20 games. With Kobe? They're a definite playoff team and an X-factor that could easily get hot and make a run to the Western Conference Finals. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Mavs fan from way back and I love Dirk and Nash, but I really think Kobe's more valuable to the Lakers than they are to Dallas and Phoenix respectively.

Have you ever watched him play? Totally a 1-man show, he has no intentions of making his team better. Lots of 1 on 3, spin move, fade away, that-will-look-good-on-Sportscenter-if-it-goes-in type of crap. He should not get an MVP until he changes his game, he has time, but I doubt it will happen
I believe the first thing I said was that I wouldn't vote for him for MVP. In fact, the way the lakers are set up right now, I don't think he will ever be a nominee for MVP, let alone win one.And gee, I suppose you're right, he should like, pass the ball to Kwame Brown or Smush Parker. They're absolutely fantastic shooters, like, Jordan-esque...Or, he could run coinflips by continuously dishing to Lamar Odom, who alternates shooting 30% and 60%.Making his team better? Lol :club:. There's only so much you could do with a roster like the Lakers. Do you realize what would happen if he wasn't playing on the team? (iggy just mentioned this). The only people that would lead that Laker team to a better record and allow the team to perform better than now would be people like Steve Nash. Oh wait...Nash is an MVP candidate [nevertheless, again, I reiterate, I STILL don't think Kobe is near MVP candidacy]. There's not that many people that could improve those people...It's not like he's shooting 13% from the field...You make it sound like he shoots every shot blindfolded from behind the basket. Also, he knows how to close games, which is very admirable [but again, not good enough for MVP candidacy].

1. steve nash- doing wonders without amare 2. elton brand(big clipper fan) but this guy is just a beast3. kobe bryant-simply becuase he is the best player in the nbachauncy billups has been a beast also. but that team has just so much all around talent.

I'm in the minority here (among people defending their replies), as I like Kobe for the MVP. Without him, the Lakers are the worst team in the NBA. Odom would be their leading scorer and they'd be lucky to win 20 games. With Kobe? They're a definite playoff team and an X-factor that could easily get hot and make a run to the Western Conference Finals. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Mavs fan from way back and I love Dirk and Nash, but I really think Kobe's more valuable to the Lakers than they are to Dallas and Phoenix respectively.
I don't know about definite playoff team nor an X-factor that could easily get hot and make a run. I think that's jumping the gun a bit :club: .They lack consistency, with the adjustments they're making this season. In a shorter run of 2 or 3 games they can certainly get hot, but it doesn't look good for a more prolonged series, like the playoffs. Right now, hovering around 8th, it means they're playing Dallas or San Antonio the first round, and then playing the other in the second. That would hurt, lol.[On a side note, I can't believe they gave up Caron Butler for the almighty first pick, Kwame Brown. It would have been a heck of a lot easier to run a triangle offense through Kobe, Caron, and Lamar. But still, even then, the odds aren't too good that they'd get past the first round, but hey, who knows?]