Official Nascar Thread

I doubt there'll be all that much discussion on this topic, but I wanted to be the one to start it anyways. I like NASCAR. Thats right, so what, big whoop, wanna fight about it?This will now be the thread for official discussion of all things NASCAR. Official. Sanctioned by NASCAR. Not really. Thank you.Sincerely, ShakeZumaOfficial Forum Redneck Yokel

You drive me right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round. Repeat. Never been able to get into NASCAR, although I'm sure some bikini girls wouldn't hurt in their quest to gain my viewership. If they substituted goofy looking southern redneck guys in fireproof suits for a bunch of 19yo lingerie models in bikinis, I'd watch, ratings would skyrocket. Plus there would be more crashes, which never hurt ratings. I've said both of these things before, but they bear repeating. I'm a bad person, and I belong in marketing.

It took me a while to get into too, but I can't get enough now. As far as it being a sport, Ernest Hemmingway once said the only sports are Bull Fighting, Mountain Climbing, and Auto Racing. The rest are just games.

You drive me right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round. Repeat. Never been able to get into NASCAR, although I'm sure some bikini girls wouldn't hurt in their quest to gain my viewership. If they substituted goofy looking southern redneck guys in fireproof suits for a bunch of 19yo lingerie models in bikinis, I'd watch, ratings would skyrocket. Plus there would be more crashes, which never hurt ratings. I've said both of these things before, but they bear repeating. I'm a bad person, and I belong in marketing.
You are all about the girls in bikinis.
It took me a while to get into too, but I can't get enough now. As far as it being a sport, Ernest Hemmingway once said the only sports are Bull Fighting, Mountain Climbing, and Auto Racing. The rest are just games.
Yeah well, Hemmingway also said that cucumbers tasted better pickled, but that don't make it so!!!Anyways...I'd consider a sport to be any competition that requires a lot of athleticism.
You are all about the girls in bikinis.
Everything you can think of would be better with the addition of girls in bikinis. Don't say it like it's a bad thing. Nuclear Physics - Better with girls in bikinisA Mission to the Moon - Better with girls in bikinisI think Hitler would have been welcomed in Europe if he came with a bunch of girls in bikinis rather than a bunch of blue eyed blonde haired dudes...
As far as it being a sport, Ernest Hemmingway once said the only sports are Bull Fighting, Mountain Climbing, and Auto Racing. The rest are just games.
Ernest Hummingway was apparently, an idiot.Chess is a game, driving a car at a high speed is a skill, just because you can do them in a competition does not make them a sport. I can drink beer competitivly, doesn't mean you are going to see me on ESPN.KK is right, for like the 3rd time in his life.

Just for reference, I wasn't saying Nascar is a sport, I've just always wanted to use that quote. I like it.It definately isn't a sport in the usual sense, thats for sure. Tony Stewart is a fat bastard.

I would call myself a semi-NASCAR fan. I've been watching it since I can remember, because of my dad. I was real into it a few years ago, but didn't watch much last year or this year so far.I think that everyone (if you like it or not) should go to a race someday, just to experience it. So, on that note...where all have we seen NASCAR races?Indianapolis (3 or 4 times)Charlotte (Busch and Cup race)Dover

Wow, nice bump. Thought for a while there I was the only one here that liked racing.You're definately right about going to a race. Its one hell of an experience.I've personally been to Martinsville about 4 times, I think, and they were all a blast, except for the last time I went which was when the Hendrick plane went down; that was a pretty crappy weekend alltogether.And I've been to Bristol once. Last years spring race. And yes, there is a reason that it is always sold out. That race was awesome. Soooo much fun.

In the next few years, my buddies and I want to get an RV and spend the whole race weekend in an infield. Just get wasted and party. We haven't decided where yet.My dad and brother were at Daytona when #3 died. My dad said it was the worst day of his life...worse than when my mom left him. Funny and not funny at that same time. :D Who's your driver?? I'm a Jr fan...along with a few others I see wearing red at the races. :club:

Well I'm a Jr fan as well. Seems like there's a few of us out there.The weird thing about Sr. dying is that that happeining was what got me into racing. I think it did that for a lot of people. Its kinda weird how things work sometimes.And as for the infield, I think you just gotta go for Daytona. I mean, its Daytona, come on. Now having to decide between the 500 and the 400 would be the tough part for me.

• 3 weeks later...

awesomeBristol. I love that place.Martinsville this weekend, and I'm not going. What a bunch of shitting.

I'm a racing nut. Mostly open wheel, but follow Nascar as well.Have only been to the Brickyard races.Full disclosure: am a fan of the fat *******.Sincerely, AthosOfficial Forum noob

Guest Guest

"Jr was open wheel racing on Sunday. "Very true.The fact they were able to run a modified and finish so well is one of the more impressive runs of the season.

yeah, that was pretty funny wathing him run around like that.got into two accidents and still finished 4th. What a car. Looks like Tony jr finally figured out a little something about Martinsville.

• 2 weeks later...