The Ongoing Tennis Thread

Nadal??? Winning the French Open?? Pffttt..YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS!!!Alright..I'm done with this thread. I know nothing more.
He can be serious. He is serious. He's probably right.Nadal is an amazing clay court player. Federer is an amazing all around player but thus far the French has evaded him.Nadal has had good results against Federer including beating him last week in the final at Dubai.Nadal is a good bet to win the French.Go back to your Royals thread, Koop.

I know how to keep score in Tennis, I know a few players names, and I know any sport involving cute girls in skirts running around and screaming can't be all bad.

He can be serious. He is serious. He's probably right.Nadal is an amazing clay court player. Federer is an amazing all around player but thus far the French has evaded him.Nadal has had good results against Federer including beating him last week in the final at Dubai.Nadal is a good bet to win the French.Go back to your Royals thread, Koop.
Glad to see you picked up the sarcasm in that...lol. It was just a dumb joke"You can not be serious" = John McEnroe = tennis thread.....get it??Anyways, yes, I know who Nadal is..he beat Federer just a week ago or whatever, and he won the French last year and Federed has never won the French...I know I know..I keep up with tennis a little bit. It was a joke.
Glad to see you picked up the sarcasm in that...lol. It was just a dumb joke"You can not be serious" = John McEnroe = tennis thread.....get it??Go back to your Army thread, Renae
Glad to see you picked up the sarcasm in that...lol. It was just a dumb joke"You can not be serious" = John McEnroe = tennis thread.....get it??Go back to your Army thread, Renae
It was a dumb joke as evidenced by the fact that I did not get it. All jokes that I don't get must be dumb. :lol:Glad to see the sarcasm of my "go back to your Royals thread" wasn't lost on anyone here either. ;)I will go back to my army thread. When I'm good and ready.In other news - The Pacific Life Open will be staying in Indian Wells next year. China was competing to get it. By changing it to a 2 week, 128 draw event this year, Indian Wells and Pacific Life has shown their commitment to this tournament. It will remain in the US and is now more than just a Tier 1 event (since it is 2 weeks and 128 seeds). This makes it similar to a Grand Slam. Will the Pacific Life Open become the 5th Grand Slam? That would be nice. We certainly need another major event between the Australian and the French. The 3 1/2 month spread between Grand Slams there is a little much and doesn't really keep the consistency that the rest of the year has with the Grand Slams being spread about 1 1/2 to 2 months apart.This is also the first ATP Masters Series Event of the year and if Nadal makes it to the final we could have a nice competition shaping up between Nadal and Federer for the #1 spot.Barring injury to Nadal, this might actually be the first year that Federer has any kind of competition at all in recent history.

My ongoing wish for this year is for Agassi to get healthy and make one more run at Wimbledon and the U.S. Open. It'd be great if he could go out by winning the U.S. (see also Sampras, Pete) But these cortisone shots are wearing him down, and he can't have much time left -- maybe this year, or maybe a handful of tournaments next season at most.If Nadal and Federer meet in the French Open and Nadal beats Roger again, I wonder if he'll get in Federer's head a little (aka the Andy Roddick Syndrome)? Nadal is crazy good, and the kid is fun to watch. I'm not down on Federer, but I wouldn't mind seeing somebody else make a run at No. 1.

As long as Nadal stays healthy, I see no reason why he can't run roughshot thorugh the French. He is hands down the best Clay player out there, and he really could challenge for other Grand Slams this year.If Federer wins the French, he likely will win all 4 this year IMO.

Safin is through to the third round at Indian Wells.Nalbandian is quietly kicking butt and taking names and nobody seems to notice.Nadal soundly and without any problems at all spanked the crap out of Mardy Fish.Federer, however, struggled a bit with Rochus.Hmmmmmm.......

Federer coasted in the next round, but Roddick pretty much imploded (although he did have his composure a bit in the second set and came back to win nicely in a tiebreak) and got knocked out in the third round. Not a good year for him so far.

This is so easily Nadal's tournament to win at this point. Although the Baghdatis match could be entertaining at least, I really think Nadal will coast through the rest of his half of the draw. The only one who could maybe challenge him is Blake. Then I'm taking Nadal in the final over Federer just because of the struggles Roger has had versus absolutely no struggle for Raphael thus far.

Federer's into the finals with ease...against Blake, who pulled the upset on Nadal. 7-5, 6-3, I think it was. As well as Nadal's been playing lately, I'm a little surprised, but Blake has also been on top of his game for the past eight months or so.Should be an interesting final.

• 2 weeks later...

And, Federer wins again. Won 3 tiebreaks against Ljubicic in the final. I was disappointed by Blake's performance against Federer, I think Blake is one of the few who can challenge Federer on hard court.

• 2 months later...

French is looking like a Federer-Nadal matchup. I"m pulling for Federer this year as I'd like to see him win the french but of course he has plenty of time to do it. For the women, I'm really pulling for Hingis...it's great she came back as she has a game like no other.