• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well your all stupid, I post on other forums and there posting skills are better. your not fun here, so I'm going over their.

Are we still on for dinner and cuddling? <3 4 u!
no dinner.cuddling will be substituted by a vicious reaming by sir timdog himself.You have to earn your right to be reamed by me.

Not to change the subject or anything, but I just wanted to add that this tell is VERY common and VERY reliable, even with pros. You need to get a baseline of what a person's normal "blink rate" is first. Some people blink a lot naturally (like Daniel). If you want to see a PERFECT example of this tell in action, watch the WPT Ladies Night III where Cecilia Reyes (Carlos Mortensen's wife) makes a big bluff against Isabelle Mercier who goes into the tank. While Isabelle is thinking, the camera switches to Cecilia. She's blinking uncontrollably. She actually looks like she's going to short-circuit or something. I was watching with my girlfriend and started laughing. I pointed it out to her (of coarse we could see her hole cards and know that she was bluffing), but it was still funny watching her face while she was doing it.Isabelle came over the top of her and Cecilia folded like a cheap suit. Watch that episode and you'll know EXACTLY what I'm talking about with this tell. Its the best example I've ever seen of it.

its just he posts that and other pictures constantly. I think I've seen maybe 4 posts where he has actually written something
So, Shake, you've been stalking me on this message board? Okay; you've been a "fanatic annoyance." You remember a lot of my posts. I don't remember any of your 2000+ posts. You had a few in this thread that didn't amount to anything worth remembering. :club:
So, Shake, you've been stalking me on this message board? Okay; you've been a "fanatic annoyance." You remember a lot of my posts. I don't remember any of your 2000+ posts. You had a few in this thread that didn't amount to anything worth remembering. :club:
nope, just not that hard to notice someone posting the same thing incessantly. yes, I have a lot of posts. I contribute more than you. sorry.spend less time looking for pics of stupid things and more time doing, well, anything else.thanks
nope, just not that hard to notice someone posting the same thing incessantly. yes, I have a lot of posts. I contribute more than you. sorry.spend less time looking for pics of stupid things and more time doing, well, anything else.thanks
The picture was funny, especially considering the irony involved. Get off his junk. And over half your posts are in off topic, thus, without reading any of them, half of your posts can probably be excluded as not contributing a damn thing.
The picture was funny, especially considering the irony involved. Get off his junk. And over half your posts are in off topic, thus, without reading any of them, half of your posts can probably be excluded as not contributing a damn thing.
Not true. Shake's posts in OT (along with others) contribute to me making it through each day at my hellhole of a workplace without murdering tens of people.You've saving lives, one day at a time, Shake. Keep it up.

It's funny you mention the blinking issue. As a child I used to have OCD like symptoms in regards to blinking. I used to blink uncontrollablly and it was triggered by several things: bright lights, stress, anxiety, etc. It was a very difficult habit to kick. It also triggered other impulsive behaviour like my arms used to flex uncontrollablly. Then my neck muscles, then my calves... At one point I seriously thought I was developing Torrets Syndrome. As for the blinking "tell," I think it may be a valid one, although it couldn't possibly be very accurate since my blinking issues can be triggered by a myriad of things...

It's funny you mention the blinking issue. As a child I used to have OCD like symptoms in regards to blinking. I used to blink uncontrollablly and it was triggered by several things: bright lights, stress, anxiety, etc. It was a very difficult habit to kick. It also triggered other impulsive behaviour like my arms used to flex uncontrollablly. Then my neck muscles, then my calves... At one point I seriously thought I was developing Torrets Syndrome. As for the blinking "tell," I think it may be a valid one, although it couldn't possibly be very accurate since my blinking issues can be triggered by a myriad of things...
I think Shieky's arrogance irritates your blinking problem. :club: Like me, whenever i see him I feel like buying a handgun and a ticket to vegas.

So go to Howards camp and have Annie tell you about the FBI guy second hand.OrGo to Phils camp and meet the guy in person and listen to him directly, He was the shit. and supplied a handout that has been invaluable. Seriously this guy alone was worth the price of admission to the camp!I went to Phil Hellmuths camp II in Feb.. It was pretty good, it was a gift trip from my wife for my birthday.

i just saw dn on that show ask the pros.. they were asking him about bluffing and they were showing him bluffing deebs.. and he was blinking alot. but i never paid attention to his blinking before so i have nothing to compair it too.

Spelling-Blackboard.jpg
as one who has never seen this picture before, i quite enjoyed it. if i was that kind of guy, i'd save it and use it in the future. since i never make grammatical errors myself, i freely enjoy making fun of the grammar of others.infallible my ass, i'm perfect.
Not to change the subject or anything, but I just wanted to add that this tell is VERY common and VERY reliable, even with pros. You need to get a baseline of what a person's normal "blink rate" is first. Some people blink a lot naturally (like Daniel). If you want to see a PERFECT example of this tell in action, watch the WPT Ladies Night III where Cecilia Reyes (Carlos Mortensen's wife) makes a big bluff against Isabelle Mercier who goes into the tank. While Isabelle is thinking, the camera switches to Cecilia. She's blinking uncontrollably. She actually looks like she's going to short-circuit or something. I was watching with my girlfriend and started laughing. I pointed it out to her (of coarse we could see her hole cards and know that she was bluffing), but it was still funny watching her face while she was doing it.Isabelle came over the top of her and Cecilia folded like a cheap suit. Watch that episode and you'll know EXACTLY what I'm talking about with this tell. Its the best example I've ever seen of it.
i thought this idea was interesting by the way, though i did stop reading after the bolded section. but im disgusting like that.seriously though, interesting idea. thanks.

I read somewhere, I think 2+2, a short while back that the reason Ted Forrest wears those dark sunglasses is because someone admitted to him that he picked up reads on his blinking. May be true, may be not. But that guy does blink an awful lot. I think that players tend to blink a lot when they're processing, and a "delayed" (slow) blink before releasing chips usually feigns weakness.Also, you'd have to pay and fully comp me to attend a poker camp where AD is teaching.

Even if this is not true it smacks a bit as "bad form" posting it. Not the end of the world mind you, but it's a little like telling an arsonist where you hid the matches.

Even if this is not true it smacks a bit as "bad form" posting it. Not the end of the world mind you, but it's a little like telling an arsonist where you hid the matches.
Are you kidding me Nutz? I'll get a ton of mileage out of this one. I've already started working on the "fake blinking." :club:
I see Allen Cunningham on TV every once in a while, and I've wondered if his facial contractions increase when he bluffs/has a strong hand, etc. He must be doing something right to have such a strong record:http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tournament...5e33701b9d2df88
Are you kidding me Nutz? I'll get a ton of mileage out of this one. I've already started working on the "fake blinking." :club:
That's funny. By the time I got to page 2, I was reading and fake blinking. Anyone else going to try and incorporate this into their game?
It's funny you mention the blinking issue. As a child I used to have OCD like symptoms in regards to blinking. I used to blink uncontrollablly and it was triggered by several things: bright lights, stress, anxiety, etc. It was a very difficult habit to kick. It also triggered other impulsive behaviour like my arms used to flex uncontrollablly. Then my neck muscles, then my calves... At one point I seriously thought I was developing Torrets Syndrome.As for the blinking "tell," I think it may be a valid one, although it couldn't possibly be very accurate since my blinking issues can be triggered by a myriad of things...
Yes, that would explain why you do blink a lot. There's nothing wrong with it. Actually, it makes you look like you're intensely interested in the action. I was just pointing out that it INCREASES when you bluff from its already high rate. Just something to maybe monitor. Check out all the video of your games and I'm sure you'll see the same thing.As you said, stress can bring it on among other things. However, if you were sitting with me at the poker table and blinking at your normal rate (normal for you) 30 seconds ago and then made a "questionable" bet and I saw your blinking rate increase dramatically along with the "hooding" of the eye lids, I'd be more inclined to call. In that case barring the "myriad" of other things that might cause it, I'd have to assume it was "stress" or "anxiety" after having made the bet and watching me contemplate a call. (not that you get "that" stressed at a poker table)I wouldn't base my entire decision on it without a lot of experience with you, but this has absolutely been the most reliable (physical) tell that I've notice about people that I play poker with and watched for some time on TV. Yes, people blink at dramatically different rates. You have to get a baseline for the people when you sit down and before the situation comes up where you'd like to use the tell. You have to compare the before and after. Not just say "well, this guys blinking fast, he must be bluffing". He has to be blinking or hooding MORE than his usual rate while you're acting like you're going to call. That's the tell.I wasn't saying this to criticize your game. Just wanted to point it out. When I become your protege (like the confidence), I'd hope that you point out all my tells of which I'm sure there are many.
SW on which part ? Brady IS the man !
ya he's a great football player but he's a douchebag.
That's funny. By the time I got to page 2, I was reading and fake blinking. Anyone else going to try and incorporate this into their game?
I play entirely with my eyes closed...alot like Sammy Farha seems to do.