I went to Howard Lederer's Fantasy Camp in December and was playing a SNG with Annie Duke. She was talking about her training with Joe Navarro, the guy who trains FBI Interogators about tells that people have when lying (bluffing) or are just plain very uncomfortable with the situation at hand. There is one very common tells that MANY people have that has to do with the rate at which people blink when uncomfortable in a situation or when lying (bluffing). Many people (and I've tested this to be true since) blink much faster when bluffing. They also often times "hood" their eyes (keep their eye lids closed for a moment before opening them again) when lying or bluffing.Daniel is a fast blinker anyway. He blinks A LOT whether he's bluffing or not. But If you watch him when he's not bluffing he does blink quite a bit however, If you watch when he's bluffing Freddie with nothing and compare it to when he's actually got the goods against Shawn or when he's betting and has the straight against Mimi (before she makes the better straight) you'll see that while he does blink quite a bit, there is an AMAZING difference in his blink rate (he almost can't keep his eyes open) when he's bluffing Freddie AND about every 5th blink he "hoods" his eyes (keeps them closed for a brief second before opening them again). This could have been a ploy knowing that Freddie might be aware of this kind of tell and he trying to act weak so that Freddie will think that he's actually strong, but it's not consistent with how he bet against others when he actually had the goods. It would be some pretty sophisticated mind games if he was doing this on purpose and he'd have to give Freddie a lot of credit for seeing it as acting weak in order to mask strength.If I were Freddie and watching Daniel, I would have been EXTREMELY tempted to call. I don't know if I would have with such a bad kicker on my second pair, but I certainly wouldn't have given DN credit for any kind of strength at all in that hand. It still would have been a very tough call, but after being bluffed out of so many pots, I really might have seen this as a perfect opportunity to make a stand given the info I was getting from DN.I think that Daniel should send me an invite to the next FCP Party as a reward for spotting this and bringing it to his attention if he wasn't doing this on purpose.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

your an idiotway to tell daniel his tells and cost other people moneynext time just keep it to your self if it is a real tell-which i doubt
Watch the episode and decide for yourself if its real. As for telling Daniel. I like Daniel and as much as he's give us here on the forum, I'd love to give back to him in any way that I could.Like I said, he could have been doing it on purpose. But it just wasn't consistent with they way he bet his strong hands.
I think that Daniel should send me an invite to the next FCP Party as a reward for spotting this and bringing it to his attention if he wasn't doing this on purpose.
Wow, your intentions are so pure.KY.
Wow, your intentions are so pure.KY.
Hey, I've been dying to go to one of those things for a long time. Doesn't hurt to ask.I pointed it out anyway. Not like I sent him a PM and said "Hey, I'll trade you and invite for a possible tell that I noticed." Guess, I'm a jerk.

I'm sure DN will fix this "tell" and donate all the extra winnings coming his way now right into your bank account.

I'm sure DN will fix this "tell" and donate all the extra winnings coming his way now right into your bank account.
LOL...DN... PM me for my account number! :club:
I'm not sure why this guy pisses you all off so much. I don't know if this is a real tell or not, but if it is then I'm impressed. Some of you are so quick to get worked up when it comes to DN. He is human, guys.
Maybe so...but he is the 2nd greatest human being to ever live, behind only Tom Brady of course.duh, SW

Hey if Maverick can tell Annabelle her tells, then I can do it for Daniel, right? You know... 'cause we're just as tight as those two! :club:

-retarded, overused picture-
wow, thought you were gone.glad you're back though, we definatley need more postings of those three idiotic pictures you constantly post in every single thread, ultimatley contributing nothing.thanks
wow, thought you were gone.glad you're back though, we definatley need more postings of those three idiotic pictures you constantly post in every single thread, ultimatley contributing nothing.thanks
I enjoyed it...
your an idiotway to tell daniel his tells and cost other people moneynext time just keep it to your self if it is a real tell-which i doubt
Good game grammar.The infallible rule of internet flaming: "He who maketh fun of another's intelligence is doomed to make a blatant grammatical error."*you're*
I enjoyed it...
its just he posts that and other pictures constantly. I think I've seen maybe 4 posts where he has actually written something, all the others are him posting that picture, the one from Super Troopers that says "you're too stupid for the internet" or something, and another one.its a bit tiresome is all
The infallible rule lives on:*definitely*See kids, grammar can be fun.
The infallible rule lives on:*definitely*See kids, grammar can be fun.
you're not making friends
its just he posts that and other pictures constantly. I think I've seen maybe 4 posts where he has actually written something, all the others are him posting that picture, the one from Super Troopers that says "you're too stupid for the internet" or something, and another one.its a bit tiresome is all
Shake, you're right that it is tiresome, but so is seeing people butcher the English language. We all have things that get under our skin. If somebody doesn't know the difference between "there", "they're", and "there" or "you're" and "your" it's just sad.
Maybe so...but he is the 2nd greatest human being to ever live, behind only Tom Brady of course.duh, SW
Umm... I don't get it.Tom Brady is the shit. I have a huge mancrush on Tom Brady.If he took up poker he'd probably win the main event 3 out of the first 4 years he entered.j/sp.s. Pittsburgh's going 7-9 next season...
Shake, you're right that it is tiresome, but so is seeing people butcher the English language. We all have things that get under our skin. If somebody doesn't know the difference between "there", "they're", and "there" or "you're" and "your" it's just sad.
I think you meant to type "their" somewhere in their.