New Mike Matusow Article In Cardplayer

just got this from the new cardplayer MAG.....i dont think this issue will be out for a week or so....march 15...cover-hellmuth..special National Heads Up Championship issue..TEN MILLION LITTLE PIECESThe Promise of Another Matusow Adventureby Michael Craig I get no shortage of Mike Matusow news, and not jusr because he is my friend and I have written about him. He seems to generate an entire rumor industry, in which nothing is ever too reasonable to be false or too wacky to be true. Most os these items tend to be in the form of questions: Did you hear about Mike in Aruba? Did you hear about Mike in the Bahamas? Did Mike play Chau Chiang heads up? Did Mike record a rap song? Are Mike and Phil Hellmuth friends or rivals? Is Mike broke? Did you hear about when he was playing poker online and... I cant get away from him. I was in Las Vegas on four kinds of business, alseep. My cellphone began making an unfamiliar noise, eventually awakening me. It was signaling that Mike left me a voice message. Even my cellphone has a separate set of rules for Mike Matusow. The time on the message, 4:58am. "Hey Mikey. I thought maybe you'd be up, because you're always up. I got 10 million things going on..." Of course, I call him. And, of course, we get a couple of minutes into the call and he needs to crash because it's 6 am. "Can we get together later?" Thats an insane idea because i have too much stuff going on to even think about meeting Mike. Even more insane? I was the one who asked. Not everyone is interested in Matusow's gravitational pull. One Cardplayer reader wrote, "Keep your love letters to yourself," in response to my pair of columns about Mike at the Tournament Of Champions. (Worse, I think it was written after just the first column ran.) But that was the only negative Email I received. I received many very personal letters- personal to Mike. These correspondents told me what they really wanted to do wass add their own opinions. I can tell you three things about the people who wrote me. First, it was an intelligent group. Even though Mike appears to be the ultimate blue collar hero, many of the people who too the time to voice their appreciation and support of Mike in poker and life came from very educated backgrounds. One email was from a student at Yale, part of a group that offered me $1,000 fro Matusow's Full Tilt jersey that i wore when i spoke there.(i turned it down) Another was from an English teacher. All the emails were smart. Second, they demonstrate that Mike Matusow projects a kind of charisma that makes you feel that you want to be friends with him, and that you may already be friends with him. R. wrote, "From the WSOP to the Tournament of Champions, Mike has been in my house doing what he does best, being "The Mouth." The idea that R. has invited Matusow into his home is not metaphorical. He continued: "My relationship with him, although I have never met him, seems to be a love-hate." Another reader wrote, "I see Matusow and i see the kind of guy I'd like to call a friend, the kind of guy I would easily give the shirt off my back for being so genuine." Yet another, C.,was standing next to some of Matusow's friends and hhis brother Scott (whom he subsequently got to know) when Mike busted out of the Main Event in 2004. C. gave him a hug, and got one, when everyone along the rail was trying to console Mike at what was one of the most emotional moments caught on camera in a poker tournament. Not pretending to know Mike Matusow anymore then that, he still felt a connection. "Mike has made some mistakes- hell, we all make mistakes- but he know what they are, admits them, and is trying not to make them again. Mike wears his heart on his sleeve and will do anything for a real friend." Third, many emails expressed genuine concern and worry for Mike. R. concluded his email by saying, "I just hope that he doesnt crash. A Stu Unger repeat? I hope not." Several readers said they hope Mike invests his money and succeeds in fighting his demons. From having got to know many celebrities- poker players- I recognized that there is a difference between knowing someone and knowing about someone. i take it as a compliment that my writing can contribute to the impression that you can get to know someone by reading about them, but i caution people about taking it too far. On the other hand, I know exactly how you feel, because Mike Matusow is THAT guy. Sure, he acts a little for the cameras, but not about himself, his confidence, his insecurities, his trials and triumps. As i mentioned in this column before, I became friends with Mike the same way: I spent a very short time with him and felt that connection. Not everyone is a fan of Mike Matusow, but despite a lot to potentially object to - he lets it all hang out; he's the biggest target in poker - that number is very few. At the Tournament of Champions, he managed to take a nap on a hallway couch at the end of the dinner break. A woman snatched her boyfriends camera and tried to take a picture. It seemed wrong, so I casually stepped in front of him. A moment later, she apologized. "I'm sorry," she said. "Could you move out of the way? You're in my picture of Mike Matusow." A few minutes later, I followed him into the tournament area. Another woman on her cellphone hurriedly hung up, blurting out, "Mike Matusow just walked in the room." We're all folloing Mike around because we want to see where he is going and what's going to happen when he gets there. His friends, real and potential, are betting on a happy ending.hope you all enjoy....

can you link me the article, can Michael Craig actually turn in an article that badly written? I normally want to bash on Ive got no life my mom has to take my computer from me, but damn, do another line or something and proof read that shit.

can you link me the article, can Michael Craig actually turn in an article that badly written? I normally want to bash on Ive got no life my mom has to take my computer from me, but damn, do another line or something and proof read that shit.
Yea if that is an actual turned in article lol.... cmon now... clearly wasnt proof-read lol.

Obviously, the OP read the article and typed it out himself. The mistakes are the OP's not Michael Craig's.By the way, thanks to the OP for taking the time to type it out. It was an interesting article.

People don't proof read Cardplayer articles. What do you think this is? the frickin' New Yorker?
i forgot to mention i typed the article myself...it wasnt a link..i can type pretty fast and didnt proof read my typos...just wanted some of you Matusow fans to get a good read..this article wont be out for a month in cardplayer.com.
Am I the only one that finds it funny that a post bashing typos and errors is this poorly written?I can't even understand half of this.Maybe it's just me?
Am I the only one that finds it funny that a post bashing typos and errors is this poorly written?I can't even understand half of this.Maybe it's just me?
blame me for the typos..but dont blame me for the grammer or how its written... i checked the original...only the typos man