Better Understanding Of Wa Situations

I am posting this thread because I am looking for help in expanding my understanding of WA situations in LHE 6-max tables.I understand that when you flop a hand that is more than likely WA of the person that is betting into you it is good to let them hang themselves with their own rope by letting them bet into you all the way down. My only concern with that is letting them bet into you all the way down, thus letting them give a chance to suck out on you.I am talking about situations where it is heads up on the flop and you have position. When I know I am WA should I be raising to protect my hands from being out drawn or should I continue to let them bet into me, only raising on the river if I believe my hand is still good?I have been following the latter lately and it seems to be paying off, I just have trouble I guess stomaching situations where some one bet into me all the way down with nothing and went runner runner for a straight, or hit their set on the river, ect. ect. when playing aggressively may have caused them to fold.

Depends on who else is in the pot, what the villains propensity to call down is, how strong their hand actually is, how aggressive they are, position, how many outs they have, etc... it's very situationally specific.- Zach

Actually the c/c to the river only applies to WA/WB (way ahead or way behind) situations. Like when you have AJ and the board comes AK3, and you fear the other person has AK, AQ, AA, KK, QQ, JJ. You are either way ahead (opponent only has 2 outs) or you are way behind (you only have 3 outs or need runner, runner, or have no outs).I agree with Zach. To be honest, when you are pretty sure you are way ahead, I would make my decision based somewhat on what I felt their pot odds vs drawing odds were. (basicly how far ahead your hand is)For example, if you flop top two pair (like Aces and Kings) or trips with an uncoordinated board (not straight or flush draws), then I would probably call the flop, and raise the turn or river.But if there is a possible flush or straight draw, your opponent may have a positive expectation to draw to the river for only one bet on each round. In this case I would raise.Also, if your top two pair was something like Jacks and Tens, I would not slow play. Your opponent could be betting something like QT or KJ, and could catch a better two pair. In these cases, your you need to bet or raise right way to limit there odds and make their play losing expectation.Only slowplay if you are way ahead, as in there is no one card that can beat you except something like a two outer to make larger trips. Then on the turn, re-assess. If the turn brought a flush draw or straight draw, don't slow play anymore.Beyond that basic rule, evaluate your opponent and what his tendencies are, like Zach said.