The Christian Poker Player

crow, what is logic and where does it come from?
logic is just what works - what expains patterns by making testable predictions. it didn't come from anywhere.
Someone asked, "What is logic"? I would ask if the laws of logic are unchanging, universal, and abstract? How does one account for laws of logic, science, or morality, or any law of any sort?
anything unchanging and universal is by definition not abstact.
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference I see is that pre-marital straight sex is one sin, whereas pre-marital homosexual sex is two sins.
Well as Ron Mexico says - once you've messed up once you might as well kill two birds with one stone
logic is just what works - what expains patterns by making testable predictions. it didn't come from anywhere.
But what do you mean by 'works'? And why is logic to be preferred to illogic?
Well this isn't exactly an Aristotle like proof but say you're on top of the Empire State BuildingLogic tells you jumping would be a bad ideaIllogic says catch me lord I want to flyor as Bill Hicks said about the LSD story you always hear"If he really thought he could fly why didn't he try taking off from the ground first."
i am thinkn that crow is not using the correct words. I believe crow is tryin to say that common sense is the same as logic and that just isnt the case
i am thinkn that crow is not using the correct words. I believe crow is tryin to say that common sense is the same as logic and that just isnt the case
no i'm not. logic is just a pattern of thought that makes succussful testable predictions. "common sense" arises from the useful nature of logic in making accurate predictions.

QUOTE(DanielNegreanu @ Tuesday, March 7th, 2006, 5:32 PM) Based on scripture, I don't see one iota of a difference between pre-marital STRAIGHT sex and pre-marital homosexual sex.

The difference I see is that pre-marital straight sex is one sin, whereas pre-marital homosexual sex is two sins.
So if you are a murderer and a thief and you stop stealing are you better off in God's eyes?If sin seperates us from God, then why does one or two matter?I'm with Daniel on this one. We ought not fall into the trap that one type of sexual immorality/sin is less offensive to God. 1 Cor 2:12-16
Logic tells you jumping would be a bad idea
Why's it a bad idea?
no i'm not. logic is just a pattern of thought that makes succussful testable predictions. "common sense" arises from the useful nature of logic in making accurate predictions.
But why try to make successful testable predictions?
anything unchanging and universal is by definition not abstact.
Maybe I should have asked, Are the laws of logic universal, unchanging, and immaterial? Regardless, you did not answer whether or not they are universal and unchanging?
Maybe I should have asked, Are the laws of logic universal, unchanging, and immaterial? Regardless, you did not answer whether or not they are universal and unchanging?
there are 9 basic laws of logic which are then extended on
If you got anything out of it it means that you can skip church for the rest of your life.
lol i have to admit ive never really been a fan of any of your posts, but i think this one is funny