Was This Value Bet A Little Too Greedy?

Live 1/2 PL game at my local club. Other guy in the hand had about $500 in front of him, I had a little over $400 when the following hand came up. He limps utg (and is a very solid player, by the way), I raise to $10 on the button with AJ, bb calls, so does he. Flop is AA4 with 2 clubs. BB checks, he bets $20, I raise to $60, bb folds, he calls. Turn card is another low club, 7 I think, completing the flush draw. He checks, I check behind him fearing a big check-raise. River is a brick and he checks again. Now I know I'm ahead, and I think he has a small suited ace. He checks to me and I bet $100 into a $150 pot. He shows A8 of diamonds and folds. Should I have bet the turn even with the scary club up there? What about the bet on the river, too much?

Live 1/2 PL game at my local club. Other guy in the hand had about $500 in front of him, I had a little over $400 when the following hand came up. He limps utg (and is a very solid player, by the way), I raise to $10 on the button with AJ, bb calls, so does he. Flop is AA4 with 2 clubs. BB checks, he bets $20, I raise to $60, bb folds, he calls. Turn card is another low club, 7 I think, completing the flush draw. He checks, I check behind him fearing a big check-raise. River is a brick and he checks again. Now I know I'm ahead, and I think he has a small suited ace. He checks to me and I bet $100 into a $150 pot. He shows A8 of diamonds and folds. Should I have bet the turn even with the scary club up there? What about the bet on the river, too much?
Very solid player he is not if he's limping UTG with A8 soooooted. That having been said, I also dislike your check behind on the turn. If he's "very solid", is he betting into the flush draw out of position? Methinks not. You should've put in a sizable bet on the turn (he had you on the flush draw anyway, otherwise he calls your river bet) and took down the pot there, instead of letting him possibly riv an 8.

I bet this turn card every time just about if the pot is heads up....very unlikely he is leading out with a flush draw on that board, I'd say. Bet the turn..and I like the 2/3 of the pot bet on the river.