So Whos The Bad Guy?

It has to be Sexton,His table was 2 away from mine at the wsop main this year and during a break he was standing next to me and I simply asked how he was doing and he gave me the nastiest look and just looked away....I said ok then - and he snapped "Im tired what do you think of couse I'm tired -thats how Im doing!" I told him good luck with that and left but the guy seemed like a first class ass to me.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.Have you ever seen Russ Georgiev?
I haven't. What does he look like? For some reason I've always pictured him looking like Mark Cuban for some reason.

I can't believe that not one person has mentioned my first guess of who the bad guy is. I'm thinking Phil Gordon. He just seems so fake all the time.

I can't believe that not one person has mentioned my first guess of who the bad guy is. I'm thinking Phil Gordon. He just seems so fake all the time.
I think he's pretty good friends with Matusow, so I would think that would make him unlikely, but you never know.

i guess hellmuth since i think most people would bet against him just for the hilarity of seeing him on a golf course.personally, i'd love to see him blame "bad beats" on the ballwasher and drink cart guy.

Daniel basically came out and said it was Russ Hamilton.
yeah i dunno, i never really thought of him as a straight-shooter.i tend to associate him more with robert varkonyi than other top-level players and don't pay much attention to him.

Its gotta be Phil Gorgen. He is like the Bob Sagget of poker. Behind the image you know he is a real Dirt Bag. Plus he looks like a golfer. He also calls everyone his friend. You can tell he is a Douchebag!

In his blog about the Golfing trip . If its not Sexton it may be Sheiky but I cant see that guy on the golf course. The only clothes i see him owning are club clothes and all black would be a bit hot for golf in Vegas...Plus its hard to spot your ball through Bono glasses.

It has to be Sexton,His table was 2 away from mine at the wsop main this year and during a break he was standing next to me and I simply asked how he was doing and he gave me the nastiest look and just looked away....I said ok then - and he snapped "Im tired what do you think of couse I'm tired -thats how Im doing!" I told him good luck with that and left but the guy seemed like a first class ass to me.
I've met Mike 3 times now and he has never been anything but cordial. The first time was 2am in the Bellagio, he was dragging himself back to his room but stopped to talk to me for like fifteen minutes after I just said hi. Maybe he was just lonely but he's always seemed very nice.
A...his name has already been mentioned in this thread...B...what makes u so sure, can u elaborate?thx.
A... his name has not already been mentioned in this thread. I checked before i posted and I checked for the 2nd time and no it is not mentioned before me. Russ Hamilton is mentioned. 2 different people.B... Google him. Specifically look him up from rgp. I heard some ridiculous names already. I only hope the people were joking.
If you go read some of the Tiltboys' trip reports, you will see that Phil Gordon could not be the guy.Sounds like there's a pretty good case for Russ Hamilton.
None of you are right. Most people that aren't in the "inner poker circle" think this guy flies straight. Those that know his history and his tendencies know that he is just dirt.
It's Howard Lederer.
It's Howard Lederer.
Or Shake Zuma. It's a toss up.
i guess hellmuth since i think most people would bet against him just for the hilarity of seeing him on a golf course.personally, i'd love to see him blame "bad beats" on the ballwasher and drink cart guy.
It's not Hellmuth. Phil and DN are sorta friends. Not the best of friends, but they get along.I could see it being Howard, after he and DN got into an arguement a while ago. I doubt it though.
Here is a link to an article about Russ Hamilton's golf betting(scamming)http://www.travelandleisure.com/tlgolf/inv...D77F07D2EE93497My WebpageIt is 5 pages, but can be summed up with this quote"The upcoming contest was a prime example. Hamilton had played with Thompson several times before and knew that Thompson usually shot around ninety-five. In their haggling during the previous weeks, Hamilton complained about his lack of practice time and a sore back and finally persuaded Thompson to accept one stroke per side. As we sat in the clubhouse, Hamilton flashed a conspiratorial grin across the table and confided, "I shot seventy-seven last week."
Yes. B)
Whatever happened to reading comprehension in America, lol. Wow, this thread is more mindboggling than I could have ever imagined.
Hobbes has it pegged B)