I got a call at 9:34pm (california) from my sister in Boston, who informed me my Mother past away tonight at 11:03pm (Boston time). She was great lady, she had alzheimers for the past few years and wasn't herself, this is a situation where she was probably better off. She had a stroke earlier in the day and held on till late evening when she finally gave up.Some of you may ask why post this on DN's Poker Site? Because I spend alot of time here. It is where I hang out, and is something I would share with people I hang out with.

im sorry to hear that as well, my step mother's mother passed this month from the same sort of conditions (brain cancer), its hard on the family when their mother doesnt recognize them. im not sure if the situation was the same for you, but my heartfelt wishes to your family in this hardest of times

I'm sorry to hear that. I lost my father this past September to brain cancer, which caused major memory issues for him. It was hard on everyone, but it was also better for everyone in the end. Thank you for sharing.

i dont mean to take the attention away, but its situations like this, where both of us have both our parents and both are older (60s for me) that you think what it would be like to lose one. i cant imagine the sorrow one would feel for a loved one passing

very sorry to hear it, best of luck in these hard times. also, kudos to fcp for so many heartfelt responses without any immaturity or flaming :club:

very sorry to hear it, best of luck in these hard times. also, kudos to fcp for so many heartfelt responses without any immaturity or flaming :club:
Prayers and condolences to you and your family.I lost my father when I was 13, and thank god every day that my mother is still with us and going strong at 82. Hard to appreciate what we have until it's gone, but we surely need to try.
I'm very sorry for your loss. Alzheimers is such a horrible disease, robbing you of the mother you knew even before she passed away. My prayers are with you and your family.