Shimmering Wang's Nfl Cba Thread

I've been following the collective bargaining agreement negotiations pretty closely (mostly because I got 18-1 that Thursday would pass w/o a new deal being signed) for the last month or so, and tomorrow is the big day.If you're not familiar with the scenario, here's a good link:http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=2348970In short, unless the owners and players decide on a cap number in the next few hours, there could be some serious nuclear repurcussions for the future of NFL football. Upshaw (player chief) said if there is EVER an uncapped season, the players will refuse to reinstitute one, and I believe him.If the players refuse to reinstitute a cap, the owners would probably be willing to lock the players out.Then, it would be baseball circa 1994 all over again. Actually, it'd probably be more similar to the NBA lockout, considering the NFL's rabid fanbase, but still....Anyone have thoughts? Or is KingDork (<------ me) the only one who cares??Wang

Boy..the NFL better get their sh*t together...because if they get rid of salary cap..NFL goes from being the best pro league in sports to being as competitively unbalanced as MLB...and that would drop their popularity BIG time. If this happened..MLB would become more popular than the NFL...MLB needs a salary cap and if the NFL were smart..they'd figure out a way to keep theirs.

This sucks. I do not want the NFL to go into the toilet, they need to get this straightened out asap -- I'm looking forward to the Vikings spend-a-thon this year, as we have a ton of cap room.