Who Would Lay Down Bottom Set?

Ok so my friend called me the other day to ask me about a hand he was involved in, in a cash game in Charlotte NC. They were playing 1-2 NL and he bought in for $100. He had like 220 in front of him when this hand went down: He is in the BB with 33; UTG limps; MP raises to $7; SB calls; Hero calls UTG calls. The flop comes 3-7-10, but he was unsure of the suits (I know it's hard to figure out the dynamics of the hand without that piece of information). Anyway SB, a tight-solid player, leads out for $12 and our hero raises to $36; UTG calls; pre-flop raiser folds; and SB moves in for $110 more... what would you do? I said I move-in over the top immediately to shut out the other guy. Well, my friend said that when he said raise the SB looked very excited, and he did not hesitate when it was his turn to act, so he said it really smelled like 77 to him so he folded, as did UTG who showed K-10. Now getting over 2-1 on his money i berated my friend for laying that down, but he is a good player with good instincts, so maybe he was right. If the SB didn't have 77 what could he have had... Jacks maybe, A-10 if the 3 and 7 were spades on the flop A-10 of spades seems like a logical choice for his holding... i don't know what do you guys think... besides that my friend is a donk. lol

Hmmm...no reply.
Yea I should have posted in strat... My bad... Seriously though it is obviously not a great play, but what do you guys think SB has there, from what my friend said the dude was a rock... I said there was no way the guy leads out if he flops a set there, but you never know. I'm looking for his holdings what do you guys think is most likely?
Yea I should have posted in strat... My bad... Seriously though it is obviously not a great play, but what do you guys think SB has there, from what my friend said the dude was a rock... I said there was no way the guy leads out if he flops a set there, but you never know. I'm looking for his holdings what do you guys think is most likely?
My immediate guess would be something like JJ or QQ. Lot's of tight players play these pairs in this manner.
JJ, QQ, KK, AA, 10-7, A10....Bad fold.
You can probably eliminate KK, AA, and A10. A10 is borderline because he might make that play, but a rock probably isn't going to risk his whole stack with three people to act behind him with just TPTK. If he had KK or AA he would have almost certainly made a ginormous reraise preflop. 10-7 is another good possibility that I neglected. My instinct is JJ or QQ, though.
JJ, QQ, KK, AA, 10-7, A10....Bad fold.
From what I understood AA, KK and 10-7 were out of the question based on this guy's playing style... The hands we discussed him having wer 10-10 (unlikely), 7-7, JJ or QQ and maybe A-10 suited. So i guess getting 2-1 deffinetly makes this a bad fold... Ok i can berate him again.
Now getting over 2-1 on his money i berated my friend for laying that down, but he is a good player with good instincts, so maybe he was right.
good player with good instincts....cool
besides that my friend is a donk
went from good player to donk in two sentences
Why are you berating your friend? Do you have a finincial intrest here?

i made a very stupid move last weekend,i folded middle set, Yes. The 2nd Nuts, I've never folded the 2nd nuts before.and i put the player on "the nuts".....**note**, dont do that.that is all

No. If he has a better set than I will shake my fist at God for being unlucky.
You have to go broke on that hand. With a set, and that kind of action you have to ask what the other guy has and the answer should be top pair or a straight draw (without suit info). You have to make it very expensive to go with those hands.

I know I am new here...but I'll give this thing a shot (lol..)Don't fold. Get all of them chips in that pot...because as I always tell Joey, "don't be afraid to get all in, because that's where the fruit is."

I know I am new here...but I'll give this thing a shot (lol..)Don't fold. Get all of them chips in that pot...because as I always tell Joey, "don't be afraid to get all in, because that's where the fruit is."
Joey slept with Alanis Morrisette irl =\. That's disturbing, even when converted to Canadian.
good player with good instincts....cool went from good player to donk in two sentencesWhy are you berating your friend? Do you have a finincial intrest here?
Well it's not exactly what you would call berating. More like insulting humor, like "you are the biggest donk in Charlotte." He lives down there now and I live in PA so the only time we really talk is when one of us call the other to tell a poker story, and most of them end up with one of us saying that the other one is god awful at poker, but it all has a joking undertone to it. And, no I don't have financial interest. Although the last time he came back to town he didn't fair very well in our game, and most of those days i walked away a decent winner, so if he wins in Charlotte then comes up here and loses that money to us, would that be a financial interest?

JJ- 6 combinationsQQ- 6 combinations77- 3 combinationsTT- 3 combinationsATs- 1 combinationFolding the third nuts when you are likely a massive overdog- Priceless.

JJ- 6 combinationsQQ- 6 combinations77- 3 combinationsTT- 3 combinationsATs- 1 combinationFolding the third nuts when you are likely a massive overdog- Priceless.
I think this hand range for 1-2 NL might even be too narrow.This is an insta jam the pot with all of my money situation.If we are playing much higher up, and we are up against better opponents in a general sense who are choosy with their spots, bottom set becomes a "possible" laydown.

Would I lay down bottom set at 1/2 NL? About as often as I'd refuse a blowjob from a pretty little lady with a tongue ring. Seriously, though? Not very often. Not without extreme strength from two players whose game I respected greatly. The number of times you'll run into TP3K and a Q high flush draw will absolutely astound you.

The only time to fold a bottom set hand would be on a board like 9TJ or TJQ with heavy, heavy action. Even then, I might not lay it down. You need convincing evidence that your hand is beat in order to fold.