Obviously in a SNG if an opponent goes all in, it is often correct to check all the way through against another opponent unless you make a very strong hand.However, in Cash Games and some MTTs, it seems as though it would be +EV to bet and isolate against the player who is all in.Opinions?

The Side-Pot Bluff Protection protocol thingy is only relavent if you are nearing the money. If there's 34257094587095 people and it's the first hand of the tournament, then improving your winning chances is more +EV than it is when you are around the money. Near the money, it's +EV most of the time for you to ensure that someone else loses, rather than you win (ergo checking it down).Cash games are completely different. You seek that edge to improve your winning chances all the time, because by checking it down you don't really accomplish anything for yourself.

Obviously in a SNG if an opponent goes all in, it is often correct to check all the way through against another opponent unless you make a very strong hand.However, in Cash Games and some MTTs, it seems as though it would be +EV to bet and isolate against the player who is all in.Opinions?
If you feel, after the flop comes out, that you can beat the all in, but maybe not the other person in the pot, then try to get heads up. If your in a MTT, you shouldn't discourage anyone from checking it down, if and only if your in the significant portion of the money. Lets say your in a tournament that is paying 50 spots and there are 45 people left. This is to soon to be automatically checking hands down, your not really gaining any positve expectation by doing so.Cash games, all bets are off, do what you need to do to win the pot. Remember though, with someone all in, your going to have to turn your hand over. If you are running people over and have control of your table, it may be correct to pass with marginal hands, you don't want people to know your in there with junk.

My only etiquite with a side pot goes the same in every game. Never stone bluff into a dry side pot other than that as far as I am concerned. I only say this cause stone bluffs are based on reads and weakness, and outplaying them based on that, yuo can't outplay a guy when he is all in cause he can't lay it down. My thoughts are that the guy all in is done playing his hand, I'm still playing mine with the other player(s) in a side pot, and if i've got a hand I can get value out of, I'm gonig to get my value for it.