Hero is in SB with JJ - $1750Villain is button, just sat down at the table, has played 1 rotation, has $800Preflop:3 limpers, button makes it $20, I make it $60, folds around to button who calls.flop: Ks Kd 9s [pot 145]I lead for 75, button raises 150, I callturn: 7c [445]I check, villain bets 250, I callI say "If you have AK you are getting paid"river: 9dI check, villain goes all in for $440, hero?

Hero is in SB with JJ - $1750Villain is button, just sat down at the table, has played 1 rotation, has $800Preflop:3 limpers, button makes it $20, I make it $60, folds around to button who calls.flop: Ks Kd 9s [pot 145]I lead for 75, button raises 150, I callturn: 7c [445]I check, villain bets 250, I callI say "If you have AK you are getting paid"river: 9dI check, villain goes all in for $440, hero?
Folds on the turn.
Folds on the turn.
I made a mistake pot is 945 going into the river and opponent has 340 remaining.I think if hero intends to call he flop he should call down if a non-A or Q falls on the turn.Opponent most likely has Kx, Ax, or a pocket pair. I dont see a flush draw being played this way.The turn is the best we can hope for besides a J.

If you plan on calling a turn bet, why not re-raise on the flop? It would define your hand a bit more, imo. You're obv wa/wb, and just calling down could be a bit too expensive.

If you plan on calling a turn bet, why not re-raise on the flop? It would define your hand a bit more, imo. You're obv wa/wb, and just calling down could be a bit too expensive.
While this is true if the stack sizes are even, against the short stack, it doesn't really matter.Honestly Chief, it's a tough hand, but if he's got the 9, the comment you made cost you 400 bucks. (If you've got a nine and you river the underfull you almost definitely check the river, but your comment also says to him "I'm checking behind if you check because I don't have a King." He moves in attempting to get the other 9 to fold.) River screwed you in that case.If he's got a bad King, he might as well push on the river.He's got JJ beat, that's for sure.
I made a mistake pot is 945 going into the river and opponent has 340 remaining.I think if hero intends to call he flop he should call down if a non-A or Q falls on the turn.Opponent most likely has Kx, Ax, or a pocket pair. I dont see a flush draw being played this way.The turn is the best we can hope for besides a J.
So you'll be calling 340 to win 1285?Then yeah, I think you probably need to call the river bet. I don't think you're beating much. Maybe hope he's got AJ or AQ? I think there's too much in there to fold though. Someone mentioned you might re-raise the flop, I think that might've been an allright play here. Re-raise to 300 or so, and if he calls or comes over the top, we don't have to put another dollar in.
Ugly river huh.
My opponent said "oh! you got counterfeited!" and almost gleefully tossed the rest of his chips in.I insta-called and MHWG. Villain had 88.
My opponent said "oh! you got counterfeited!" and almost gleefully tossed the rest of his chips in.I insta-called and MHWG. Villain had 88.
Why didn't you include that in the initial post, that's the biggest tell ever!Congrats on the win and nice read.
Why didn't you include that in the initial post, that's the biggest tell ever!Congrats on the win and nice read.
well i think knowing what the guy said at the end of the hand makes it obvious what the hero's action on the very end should be, thus people might confuse this fact with what the hero's action should be throughout the hand when we don't have information.DD suggests hero laydown the hand when opponent fires the 2nd barrel on the turn. How we proceed on the turn is very read dependent actually and since I have never played with the guy before laying it down is probably the cautious and correct play in absence of reads.overall this is a very feel-oriented hand. his minraise on the flop doesn't tell me i am beat necessarily nor that i am winning. rather it enables the unknown villain to take control of the hand on the turn unless i repop the flop. in my opinion though repopping the flop is a bad play considering his stack size. he folds worse hands and comes over the top or smooth calls with better hands in which case i am basically done and thrown a considerable chunk of change in there. i have a better option available: check call or check raise a safe turn card when i am already wa/wb.if i check raise the turn he might fold Ax and only call with middish to higher pps and Kx. that was my thinking when i check called the turn.---if i encounter this situation and opponent has me covered, i see only two ways of playing itreraise the flop to 450 or something significantcall the minraise and fire pot on the turni would probably do the latter to more cognizant players since it appears stronger and will probably yield more reliable information. against your average lag that is an equal stack to me, i think slowing down on the flop is a mistake, the minraise flat call/turn bullet might appear suspicious and contrived and get raised easily, at which point the case for laying down the hand becomes strong and we accomplished nothing.thoughts?

I wrote earlier...

Someone mentioned you might re-raise the flop, I think that might've been an allright play here. Re-raise to 300 or so, and if he calls or comes over the top, we don't have to put another dollar in.
You suggest 450, which is fine. I think you need to make a play on this on the flop. The turn play becomes awkward if you hit any card other than a jack, really. The chances of him having a king are lessened with two of them out there, you know? Play it that way.

Turn play is bad. If you're willing to call it, then you should be betting it, especially since you are out of position.I would have either re-raised the the flop then folded to an over-the-top or check/folded the turn.If you bet 75, he goes 150, you go 300 it would have been a better move than just simply calling a bet of 250 on the turn because you're the aggressor, and if he moves all in you could easily get away from your JJ. Don't post results please, but I think his play actually suggests either KQ or 99 (leaning towards KQ) and he may be slightly scared of you having AK.

This is a tough hand and it's very read-dependent. I actually like the flop play, and I think the turn is where you need to decide whether you're committing to the hand or not.Unless something specific in his play makes you think that he's a huge LAG, I think the turn's push or fold. Most players won't bluff the river with this little money behind, and there's a pretty good chance you're up against a flush draw.If you do call, that 9 on the river makes it a tough decision again, but you have to go with your initial turn read. If you thought he was betting a nine that he thought was ahead, then lay it down, and if you thought he might be just aggressive at your possible continuation bet, then call it. Oh, and the counterfeited comment would be enough for me to get my money in on the river all day, as it raises the likelihood of a bluff considerably.