Early Bay 101 Action

Date / Time: 2006-02-27 11:23:00 Title: Daniel Negreanu All In Already Log: With two aces and a ten on the board, Daniel Negreanu is all in. He flips over A-K, but his opponent has A-10 and is looking to collect a bounty early. However, the river is another ten, giving both players aces full of tens. Negreanu survives and his opponent is denied the $5,000 bounty. :club::D:D

Playing with a bounty on you is a little different. He has to take into account that everybody will be gunning for him. It's a loose play, but he might have felt that he would be losing too much equity to fold there seeing as the player may have been influenced byt he bounty and would have an inferior hand more often than not. I don't know for sure. Just offering a hypothetical.

I kept reading that as 'how would you play _this_ hand', and thought you meant to post a HH or something.Well, I probably don't jam with JJ there. I'd either raise, or call and see a flop and go from there. Seeing as the flop was T high, we probably get it all in anyway, with the same result.I don't like the jam because you are only getting called by hands that have you beat. I'm not calling with TT there, and I'm probably not calling with AK there. Only 3 hands I'd call with, QQ-KK-AA. So, he was risking his whole stack to win less then 5k. Some people are just scared to play post flop.
How many players fold AK on an A A 10 board? Not my donkey ass, that's fo sho

Title: Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi Doubles Up Log: "The Grinder" and his opponent get all their chips in the middle on a flop of K-4-3. Mizrachi shows pocket fours for a set while his opponent has A-K for a pair of kings. The turn and river are blanks doubling Michael Mizrachi to over $20,000. Date / Time: 2006-02-27 11:41:00 Title: Kathy Liebert Crippled Log: After a flop of 10s-8d-4s, Liebert and her opponent get all their chips in the middle. Liebert has her opponent covered by about $1,000 chips. Liebert shows As-8s for a pair of eights and the nut flush draw. However, her opponent flips over 4-4 for a set of fours. The turn and river are blanks and Liebert is now down to about $1,000. Is this a turbo tourney?

Same here. I don't really understand why this is a bad play. It looks like A 10 sucked out against AK to me....
its not a bad play at all...no one is going to fold AK on a AA10 flop...so i agree with u here...but A10 did not suckout....A10 was a fav when all the money went in...if anything, DN sucked out for half the pot...
Date / Time: 2006-02-27 11:41:00 Title: Kathy Liebert Crippled Log: An enraged opponent has smashed Kathy in the knee caps with an aluminum baseball bat. Apparently he had enough of her smug remarks and holier than though attitude. After two hours of play her behaviour coupled with having to stare her in the face drove the man into an uncontrolable rage.The man has been awarded Kathy's remaining chips as well as her bounty since Liebert had to be taken to the hospital. She is in stable condition but it is unclear if she will ever walk again.
FYPsw
Am i the only one who hopes the grinder finishes on the bubble? I just dont like that guy.
Yeah, you're probably the only one, "The Grinder" is pretty awesome, IMO
Looks like Phil Hellmuth is doing pretty well so far in the early going...but since he can't play NL Holdem anymore..I'm sure he'll be blinded off soon.. :club:
I think they have medication for that now.

Wasn't there 101 shooting stars last year? And where's Mike Matusow? Without him the Circuit is as boring as hell.

Wasn't there 101 shooting stars last year? And where's Mike Matusow? Without him the Circuit is as boring as hell.
MM is probably in jail. Seriously...why does anybody like this guy?? He is a complete ******* who just tries to belittle all of his opponents, both at the table and off of it?? Yeah, Hellmuth is a jerk at the table, but at least he's a good family man off of it. MM is an a*shole at the table and a crackheaded a*shole away from the table. Plus, he complains about getting SOOOO unlucky all the time, right after hitting three outers on the river and such to win hands...what a donk.
MM is probably in jail. Seriously...why does anybody like this guy?? He is a complete ******* who just tries to belittle all of his opponents, both at the table and off of it?? Yeah, Hellmuth is a jerk at the table, but at least he's a good family man off of it. MM is an a*shole at the table and a crackheaded a*shole away from the table. Plus, he complains about getting SOOOO unlucky all the time, right after hitting three outers on the river and such to win hands...what a donk.
He keeps the Circuit interesting.
I cant believe I am saying this....Bravo. I couldnt agree more. He is funny but he is a lowlife and a pretty mediocre cash game player. I dont mind him really but I would much rather root for many many other players.

btw...Hellmuth has a lot of chips apparently..at the top of CardPlayer's list of chip counts (so take that for what it's worth...). Don't worry though, he sucks at NL Holdem, so he'll be blinded off in a couple hours, b/c all he does is sit there and wait for "Top Ten Hands." :club:

Date / Time: 2006-02-27 11:23:00 Title: Daniel Negreanu All In Already Log: With two aces and a ten on the board, Daniel Negreanu is all in. He flips over A-K, but his opponent has A-10 and is looking to collect a bounty early. However, the river is another ten, giving both players aces full of tens. Negreanu survives and his opponent is denied the $5,000 bounty. :club::D:D
Date / Time: 2006-02-27 16:18:00Title: Daniel Negreanu EliminatedLog: On a board of Q-7-5-4, Negreanu and his opponent are all in. Negreanu shows Q-4 for two pair but his opponent flips over 5-5 for a set of fives. Negreanu does not improve on the river and he's eliminated from the tournament.