Hi everyone,I have been a lurker for a long time but am making my first post. I am a charter member and really enjoy this site and almost everyone's contributions.I am headed to Vegas this week for my bachelor party. I want to play in a tournament on Friday morning or afternoon. Does anyone have any ideas for a tourney that is good to play in? I am looking for something under $100 but would like to have it a bigger tourney.Thanks for your help!

My roomate usually goes to the aladin. 10 am tourney. $40 freezeout, 1500 in chips, 20 min blinds. He says there is usually about 80 people. I don't know if your looking for tourneys with re-buys and add ons? Do a search on here.

I've played at the Sahara and do not recommend it... unless you like playing 11 handed and being crowded in like a sardine, stay away.Go to the back of Cardplayer magazine for a full schedule of tournaments. I can suggest these: Harrah's 11AM $30 + one $40 rebuyBinion's 2PM $75 + one $40 rebuy

I've played at the Sahara and do not recommend it... unless you like playing 11 handed and being crowded in like a sardine, stay away.Go to the back of Cardplayer magazine for a full schedule of tournaments. I can suggest these: Harrah's 11AM $30 + one $40 rebuyBinion's 2PM $75 + one $40 rebuy
You've played the Harrah's one and liked the structure? I'm also shopping around for tournies for my trip later this week

I found that the Harrah's inexpensive tournaments are way too quick with little playability as compared to the Saraha. Of course there better tournies than the Sahara but NOT for under $100. that I am aware of... You are right that the Sahara is somewhat cramped with 11 players but from a playability point of view that is an advantage. Blinds hit you less oftern so you can be more selective about what to play.. The dealers are very good and the tournament software they use to run the tournament keeps it moving smoothly. Also free food during the evening is a plus... Evening tournament pays over $2K for 1st.

The Harrah's tournaments are definitely not the best, no.... I was just making a suggestion for a nice soft mid-day tournament that's held in a nice quiet room. I prefer the tournament at Binion's for sure as far as structure in an "under $100" tournament. The only reason I don't like the Sahara is because of the super tight quarters. The food is a plus and the staff is good, I just prefer to have some room to move my arms without elbowing someone (or getting elbowed) when I play.I've read on Cardplayer.com that all the tournaments at Caesars have 40 minute rounds, but I would really like to verify that-- there's been quite a bit of mis-information about tournaments on Cardplayer.com lately. If it's indeed true, I would highly recommend Caesars... it's a really beautiful room and if the blinds only go up every 40 minutes, that's pretty awesome!

Good comments re Ceasars, I'm going to give them a try this week. Their poker room opened up since I was last there. I get in tomorrow night at 11pm local. They sound good. Thanks for the pointer...... Jeff..

Good comments re Ceasars, I'm going to give them a try this week. Their poker room opened up since I was last there. I get in tomorrow night at 11pm local. They sound good. Thanks for the pointer...... Jeff..
Give us an update when you get back if you dont mind.