what would you do

Guest XXEddie

Guest XXEddie

playing a MTT blinds 200/400EP; 3100me; 3850in BB and dealt 99EP mores all-in, what would you doheres some thoughts that went through my mindcall;im short stack, cant pick my spotshes short stacked and about to be in the BB he doesnt have to have a premium hand herefold;an all-in from EP means at best a coin fliponce the SB passes ill have about hands to go all-inill post what happened after a reply or 3

What stage in the tournament is it? You are both short-stacked by the 10xBB definition, but what are the other stacks at your table or left in the tourny like?I'm leaning towards fold here. You are the BB which means you just have to post the SB and then you get to see a round of hands for free (full or mostly full table??). Although he could easily be pushing with Ax or a PP less than 99, he could also have a PP higher than yours or two overcards which makes it a coinflip. It seems to me that more often than not it will be a coinflip at best, and while you are short-stacked, I'm not sure you need to take that coinflip just yet. But that also depends on how full the table is, what their stacks are like, stage of the tournament, etc.

It's a tough one. But with the blinds so high you're going to have to act fast. Also, there's a big chance that you're going to have to do a coinflip anyway if he just happens to have two overcards. I'd still call. I'd think at best he has king jack, maybe weak ace or even a lower pocket pair. If he had a real hand (especially higher pockets) he would double the bet (these online players love that) or maybe even limp in if he had a monster. The fact that he goes all in shows that he has a mediocre hand that he thinks is better than yours or he hopes you don't have a hand at all. Either one of those scenarios pocket nines are a favorite against.

Guest XXEddie

thats ok i guess, on my site(pacific) the cards arent flipped until the ends so, when I called i had to waitboard; 8 6 2 4 8all i have to worry about here is pretty much an overpairhe flips over AAcrap.....next hand deal KQs gotta go allin, 5 9 suited beats me

Shows you what I know. Ok, if EP means early position then it makes more sense that he had pocket aces. For some reason I thought he was acting right before you trying to pick up the blinds. Basically, same advice full table and blinds so high you will have to do a coin flip. It's always worse when you're calling but you may never get a good hand like that again. I'd be afraid of pocket tens and pocket jacks.

Guest XXEddie
Shows you what I know. Ok, if EP means early position then it makes more sense that he had pocket aces. For some reason I thought he was acting right before you trying to pick up the blinds. Basically, same advice full table and blinds so high you will have to do a coin flip. It's always worse when you're calling but you may never get a good hand like that again. I'd be afraid of pocket tens and pocket jacks.
it makes sense but he doesnt have to have AA, the blinds are coming to him next so ne could have AK, AQ even sumthin like 88
playing a MTT blinds 200/400EP; 3100me; 3850in BB and dealt 99EP mores all-in, what would you doheres some thoughts that went through my mindcall;im short stack, cant pick my spotshes short stacked and about to be in the BB he doesnt have to have a premium hand here
While he is, by definition, shortstack, I don't see him raising all-in UTG with a less than premium hand on a full table.He'll still have 2,500 after the blinds pass him. While that's not a great spot to be in, it's better than him pushing all in with just any Ace. If he was MP and action had folded to him, his Ax would look a lot better, but to me, unless the blinds are going to absolutely cripple me, I'm not pushing in with Ace-rag right here. I think at best, you would probably be looking at a coin flip situation. One where if you lose, you're well beyond crippled. How close to the bubble are you/what is the average stack/where does your stack rank compared to the others. I'm probably laying down here, but a lot depends on these factors. If it's right near the bubble, I'm laying down for sure, since an EP all-in denotes serious strength in that situation 9/10 times.

I used to play Pacific Poker too Eddie, but I had to quit because I got sick of the instant cut to the end of the hand on an all in, when you barely have time to see what your opponent had. I've played several of the multi table tourns on pacific, and of the three or four sites I've played on, it always seemed like the people on Pacific were the least experienced and disciplined. It might be because of all the freerolls they run. People expect to go all in ten or twelve times in the first hour and if they get lucky, then they tend to be the ones in the top 15 or so. I'm sure you've seen much of the same from those people. Therefore, if I was in your spot, it would be quite hard to put anybody on a premium hand there, much less Aces, since it seems like everyone is pre-programmed to limp with AA. However, if I put him on AK or AQ, I'm not sure nines would be good enough for me to take a stand with. For a bet that big, I'd assume it was a race at best, with the possibility of being against jacks or tens, and if I'm gonna race, nines may be just below my threshold. You said it was a full table right? If surviving the SB was possible, I'd probably give myself those free looks coming up and try to double up through 2 people or so, and then be in good shape to survive and thrive.