Daniel's Light Bulb Riddle

Very good, here's one for you.What is the most change you can have without being able to make change for a dollar?

You're lost in the middle of the woods in winter. You stumble upon an empty cabin and take refuge inside. When you enter you see: a candle, an oil lamp and a gas stove. You look into your pocket and find only 1 match. You know that if you don't get heat into the cabin you won't survive. What do you light first?
You light the match first :club:
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. Although none of you may believe me in this, I haven't looked at any answers or any blog responses. For some reason, I was sitting in my room and I thought of the answer right when I read the line in the blog. I don't know if it was the Blackstone merlot or the NL 600 game on Party Poker that inspired my answer, but I think I know it. You turn the left switch on and leave it on for a good amount of time. Then you turn it off, flip the second switch on and run down the hall to the light. If the light it on, you are money. If not, then touch the lightbulb. If it is hot, then you are money. If it is not hot then you are still money. I think this is right.I am a new person on the forums, but have read the blog for a while. For those of you that play, my name is iacog4 on pokerstars, party and kice32 on ub, paradise, full tilt and BINGORAT on FCP. SEND THE MONEY ON THE RIDDLE

I'm also a fan of these riddles. I'm studying for my LSAT right now and there's a whole section of "Games" that is logic puzzles just like this during the test. I like it cause it makes me feel like I'm studying when I'm really just wasting time on FCP. :D And here's another one for all you riddle lovers:You're lost in the middle of the woods in winter. You stumble upon an empty cabin and take refuge inside. When you enter you see: a candle, an oil lamp and a gas stove. You look into your pocket and find only 1 match. You know that if you don't get heat into the cabin you won't survive. What do you light first?
I would hope the match lol :club:

Ok 6hands and 7 2offsuit are too smart for my simple little riddle maybe this one will present a slight challenge:You are broke and lost and check into a hotel with no money. You do have a gold bracelet with 7 gold rungs. The hotel manager agrees to charge you 1 rung per night for your stay, but you must give him the exact number of rungs due each day. That is he must have 1 on day 1, 2 on day 2, etc. no more no less. The local jeweler agrees to cut your bracelet for free but will only give you 2 cuts. How do u cut the bracelet and pay the hotel each day??

Ok 6hands and 7 2offsuit are too smart for my simple little riddle maybe this one will present a slight challenge:You are broke and lost and check into a hotel with no money. You do have a gold bracelet with 7 gold rungs. The hotel manager agrees to charge you 1 rung per night for your stay, but you must give him the exact number of rungs due each day. That is he must have 1 on day 1, 2 on day 2, etc. no more no less. The local jeweler agrees to cut your bracelet for free but will only give you 2 cuts. How do u cut the bracelet and pay the hotel each day??
uh how many days are we trying to stay there?but regardless.. im thinking the answer might be 2 vertical cuts, for 21 rungs.
uh how many days are we trying to stay there?but regardless.. im thinking the answer might be 2 vertical cuts, for 21 rungs.
My bad not making the problem clear enough apparently. You're trying to stay for 7 days and u have 7 rungs. You can't cut it vertically just in between the rungs. Imagine it looks like O-O-O-O-O-O-O. Again you need to be paid up to each day on that day. 2 cuts only. Good luck.
My bad not making the problem clear enough apparently. You're trying to stay for 7 days and u have 7 rungs. You can't cut it vertically just in between the rungs. Imagine it looks like O-O-O-O-O-O-O. Again you need to be paid up to each day on that day. 2 cuts only. Good luck.
so you need 28 rungs to pay but have 7? k you got me there.

How about a poker riddle. We all know that every straight has either a 10 or a 5 in it....or at least I hope we do. So what is the only straight you can't make in a hold'em game while holding 10 5 as hole cards???

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus:1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.2. An old friend who once saved your life.3. The perfect man (or) woman you have been dreaming about.Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car.This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job application.You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect dream lover again.

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus:1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.2. An old friend who once saved your life.3. The perfect man (or) woman you have been dreaming about.Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car.This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job application.You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect dream lover again.
1. The old ladies time is numbered. Leave her2. He saved your life but his life isn't in Jeopardy here.3. Take the woman and never look back baby.
How about a poker riddle. We all know that every straight has either a 10 or a 5 in it....or at least I hope we do. So what is the only straight you can't make in a hold'em game while holding 10 5 as hole cards???
It's a 9 high straight. Because with a board of x 6 7 8 9 you have a 10 high straight and theres no other board that would produce a 9 high straight with a 10 and 5 holecards.
Get it cut into 1-2-4 i.e. O O-O O-O-O-OFirst night give him the 1 rung.Second night give him the 2 and get the 1 back.Third night give him the 1 to add to the 2 for a total of 3.Fourth night give him the 4 and get the 1 & 2 back.Fifth night give him the 1 for a total of 5.Sixth night take the 1 back (leaving him 4) and give him the 2 for a total of 6.Seventh night give him the one for a total of 7.If I understand the question correctly I guess that's the right answer?

Here's a Brain stumper, my 7th grade Algebra teacher told us.Bob, Ted, Larry check into a Motel, the desk clerk said it was $30, they each paid $10 and went to their room. The desk clerk then realized he had over charged them $5. He sent the Bellboy with 5 one dollar bills to take up to their room. The three guys were glad and tipped the Bellboy $2, so each person paid $9. If each person paid $9 and they gave the bellman $2, then 9x3 =$27 plus the $2 tip = $29 total, where is the missing dollar? :club:

Here's a Brain stumper, my 7th grade Algebra teacher told us.Bob, Ted, Larry check into a Motel, the desk clerk said it was $30, they each paid $10 and went to their room. The desk clerk then realized he had over charged them $5. He sent the Bellboy with 5 one dollar bills to take up to their room. The three guys were glad and tipped the Bellboy $2, so each person paid $9. If each person paid $9 and they gave the bellman $2, then 9x3 =$27 plus the $2 tip = $29 total, where is the missing dollar? :D
The cost of the room was $27 minus $2, or $25. The missing $1 comes from adding $27 and $2 and getting the misleading figure of $29. :club:
Give your old friend the keys, have him take the old lady to the hospital and wait for the bus with the woman of your dreams.
Get it cut into 1-2-4 i.e. O O-O O-O-O-OFirst night give him the 1 rung.Second night give him the 2 and get the 1 back.Third night give him the 1 to add to the 2 for a total of 3.Fourth night give him the 4 and get the 1 & 2 back.Fifth night give him the 1 for a total of 5.Sixth night take the 1 back (leaving him 4) and give him the 2 for a total of 6.Seventh night give him the one for a total of 7.If I understand the question correctly I guess that's the right answer?
Thank you skins. You finally understood the question and got it right now we can move on, oh and you're a genius :club:
This is a tough one, i should warn all of you first ok.A cowboy rides into town on Friday, he stays for 3 days and then leaves on Friday, how does he do THAT!?!?
Pure guess, but is his horse named Friday? Maybe I am trying to go about it to simply lol. Sorry if I am :club:

This isn't a real hard one but I think it fits the taste of this forum well.( thats a clue)· A masked man is attacked by a gang of five men who shoot at him, then quickly flee. The masked man survives the attack, but the gang returns again and again until it finally quits. The masked man moves to a new location, but the gang continues to come after him. He moves back to his original spot, hoping in vain for a reprieve. The next night, a different gang attacks him."· What is the masked man's profession and how long does the first set of attacks last?

This isn't a real hard one but I think it fits the taste of this forum well.( thats a clue)· A masked man is attacked by a gang of five men who shoot at him, then quickly flee. The masked man survives the attack, but the gang returns again and again until it finally quits. The masked man moves to a new location, but the gang continues to come after him. He moves back to his original spot, hoping in vain for a reprieve. The next night, a different gang attacks him."· What is the masked man's profession and how long does the first set of attacks last?
Hmm. 20 minutes cuz he's a goalie?